• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Got Attacked at Game 3

Rate this topic

Hey guys. So the night ended twice as bad for me as everyone else. Some of you might have noticed the stiuation out in the parking lot after the game. Well, that was me. Basically, after the game, me and my buddy headed toward our car and proceeded to drive out. As we were driving out, 5 HUGE 300 POUND Ducks fans were giving s*** to EVERY Wings fan that walked by, even children. I had to intervene. So, I rolled down by window and simply reminded them who won the cup last year and who got eliminated first round. Well, obviously, I hit a button. The next thing I knew, all 5 of them rushed my car. A few of them proceeded to break all my windows and the window I had just rolled down on ther passenger side was still open. So, two of em decided it would be manly to start throwing punches at my friend on the passenger side, who said NOTHING, while he was still in the car. Keep in mind this is while the other 3 are trying to break my windows. I jump out of the car and as soon as I do, two of them rush me and the next thing I know (well, as soon as the parking lot stopped spinning) my nose was gushing blood and my thumb was broken. All of this was happening as fellow Duck fans laughed their asses off in the background. They immediately escaped without anyone catching any plates or anything.

And me, I ended up with a blood soaked nose and broken thumb. Yea, What a night....

Was Pronger one of them? Did Perry run in really quick and sneak a punch in??

So I was able to get in touch with the Honda Center security manager and he admitted himself that the night was completely out of control. He said there hadn't been a reported assault in the parking lot in three years and on that night, there were 5 reported assaults. They're looking over lots of video right now and he said security will be doubled for tonight.

Glad you're doing better, SM. How's the thumb?

Hope everything went ok after the wings win tonight. Was anyone there?

Saw 4-5 scrums almost start.. but i only saw 1 actually play out.

Guest MrSandMan

There was a couple posts on the Ducks forum about some fights in the stands tonight. I can't decide who's worse, Pens fans or Ducks fans...

2 be honest.. at the end of the game there where some wing fans just asking for it... of course there will be some but not like 100% duck fans are at fault.

I've been to a number of playoff games at the Pond (when we swept them and when they beat us) and my experience is that Ducks fans are as reasonable as any other team. But, sometimes people do get carried away.

I do remember after one game some Red Wings fans started a bonfire in the parking lot, they were burning the Ducks T-Shirts that everyone in attendance were given. Wings fans ain't perfect either... I just hope things in Hockey never get as bad as they are in the NFL.

I was there tonight as well. It seemed a LOT milder tonight than it did Tuesday night. A lot of the ducks fans left well before the end of the game and for sure after Z's EN... It was a nice walk out aside from the guy behind me mumbling something about "half these people haven't even ever been to Detroit... " I nearly turned around to correct him but I decided he didn't need to know that I'd been several times before and even was at Yzerman's Retirement Ceremony... eh! Scoreboard was what counted tonight and they knew it.

I was there tonight as well. It seemed a LOT milder tonight than it did Tuesday night. A lot of the ducks fans left well before the end of the game and for sure after Z's EN... It was a nice walk out aside from the guy behind me mumbling something about "half these people haven't even ever been to Detroit... " I nearly turned around to correct him but I decided he didn't need to know that I'd been several times before and even was at Yzerman's Retirement Ceremony... eh! Scoreboard was what counted tonight and they knew it.

I think part of the subdued nature was due to the wings win. Most cities riot after wins, not losses. Either way I agree with everyone that mentioned having even more security at game 6. It'll be crazy there no matter who wins.

Saw 4-5 scrums almost start.. but i only saw 1 actually play out.

The kid got rocked, he picked the fight, i guess he thought he was safe because it was in anahiem but before i knew it he was on the ground getting beat down by a couple wings fans.

My first game, and i thought it was a red wings home game... Are all away playoff games packed with that many red wing fans? Or was tonight above average? Best time of my life, if you minus all the drunk duck fans.

Some thoughts from an Anaheim Fan:

First, a fan should NEVER be attacked physically. PERIOD.

Second, generalizations suck. For either side. "Ducks fans are goons." "Detroit fans are jerks". Etc. I can tell that the majority of posters on this board, at least in this discussion, seem to know the difference. We all know that there are some idiots out there. It sucks.

I was at both games 3 and 4. There were Ducks fans after game 3 that were idiots and there were Wings fans after game 4 that were idiots.

I know that not all fans are idiots.

In fact, at game 4, the Wings fan in front of me was great. We had a few chuckles and enjoyed the game. The Ducks fan behind me was an idiot. Oh well.

Yes, I am a Ducks fan. I am somewhat knowledgeable about the game. I know what icing is at least ;) It goes on a cake.

Anyway. I wanted to put my two cents in. I think that if you assault someone you should be punished, no matter the jersey you are wearing. I don't think that one country, state, city are the worst ever and should all drop off the end of the earth. This is all for entertainment. Enjoy yourself, get into it, yell at the refs/opposing forward/hated player/goalie, but leave it there. Both sides.

Well for future reference if anyone goes to a game at the tank, I'll probably be there. We should meet up for a pregame beer or twelve.

I'd offer same, but I'm not a STH and can never buy a ticket for a Wings/Sharks game - it's always sold out on the first day because of all the Wings fans showing up.

Luckily I know someone who's an Oiler's fan. You can walk right up and buy those.

Hope everything went ok after the wings win tonight. Was anyone there?

whats up supafly? any developments of your teams off season plans, rumors?

(i hope that doesnt come off as being a dick, your a poster i respect)

Hey guys. So the night ended twice as bad for me as everyone else. Some of you might have noticed the stiuation out in the parking lot after the game. Well, that was me. Basically, after the game, me and my buddy headed toward our car and proceeded to drive out. As we were driving out, 5 HUGE 300 POUND Ducks fans were giving s*** to EVERY Wings fan that walked by, even children. I had to intervene. So, I rolled down by window and simply reminded them who won the cup last year and who got eliminated first round. Well, obviously, I hit a button. The next thing I knew, all 5 of them rushed my car. A few of them proceeded to break all my windows and the window I had just rolled down on ther passenger side was still open. So, two of em decided it would be manly to start throwing punches at my friend on the passenger side, who said NOTHING, while he was still in the car. Keep in mind this is while the other 3 are trying to break my windows. I jump out of the car and as soon as I do, two of them rush me and the next thing I know (well, as soon as the parking lot stopped spinning) my nose was gushing blood and my thumb was broken. All of this was happening as fellow Duck fans laughed their asses off in the background. They immediately escaped without anyone catching any plates or anything.

And me, I ended up with a blood soaked nose and broken thumb. Yea, What a night....

Frist of all I would to say I am sory about what happen to you at the game, that was not call for as I am a Ducks fan it is to bad that a few drunken Ducks fan got out or hand. The game was a really good game even if we lost, hope all is well with you and your friend. Like I said b4 I a really sorry. We lost the game to the better team and I hope for a better game from our team on Sunday. Good luck to the Wings and let the better team win.

Dude I got the day worng, still am sorry about what happen to you and your friend, hope you are both fine.

Some thoughts from an Anaheim Fan:

First, a fan should NEVER be attacked physically. PERIOD.

Second, generalizations suck. For either side. "Ducks fans are goons." "Detroit fans are jerks". Etc. I can tell that the majority of posters on this board, at least in this discussion, seem to know the difference. We all know that there are some idiots out there. It sucks.

I was at both games 3 and 4. There were Ducks fans after game 3 that were idiots and there were Wings fans after game 4 that were idiots.

I know that not all fans are idiots.

In fact, at game 4, the Wings fan in front of me was great. We had a few chuckles and enjoyed the game. The Ducks fan behind me was an idiot. Oh well.

Yes, I am a Ducks fan. I am somewhat knowledgeable about the game. I know what icing is at least ;) It goes on a cake.

Anyway. I wanted to put my two cents in. I think that if you assault someone you should be punished, no matter the jersey you are wearing. I don't think that one country, state, city are the worst ever and should all drop off the end of the earth. This is all for entertainment. Enjoy yourself, get into it, yell at the refs/opposing forward/hated player/goalie, but leave it there. Both sides.

Well said!

Ducks fans like THESE are more than welcome on the boards. :P

I posted this in the "Ducks Fans..." thread, but I figured I should post it here as well. Especially because I think the OP is owed an apology.

As a season ticket holder and a die-hard Ducks fan, I would to apologize to ANY fan of the opposing team that gets attacked at Honda Center. It is disgusting and it shouldn't happen, no matter what team is playing, and what the outcome is. As this is a Wings message board, I'm sure there aren't threads about Ducks fans venting about bad encounters with Wings fans, but it goes both way. Take a look on the Ducks message boards, because Red Wings fans aren't innocent angels (I am not trying to justify any bad behavior like I've been reading about on here).

I'm a trash-talker at the games, and I'm sure I use my share of profanity. Although, I would never physically attack another fan of any team (which is hard for me because I have an awful temper), which might not be surprising because I am a 17 year old girl, I might be tough and could hold my own for a couple seconds but I'd get my butt handed to me. If I had seen any of these acts occur, being a Wings fan or especially a Ducks fan being the instigator, I would have said something and called security.

It's a shame that these things happen, and it labels ALL of Anaheim's fans as classless and dirty (Sounds like our team eh? wink.gif ). But one thing I'm sure you all know is that every team has fans like that, even the Red Wings. I've been to games in L.A., San Jose, and even Phoenix where I have gotten profanities screamed at me by grown men (I have thick skin, so it doesn't bother me especially because I don't keep my mouth shut). I've seen fights go down, cars damaged, out of control drunk people at many different games from many different fans. Unfortunately, that's what happens. Most of the time those people aren't "fans", just bandwagoners or people looking for a drink and a good time.

Again, I am NOT trying to justify any violent behavior from Ducks fans, I just think that maybe some of you are a little emotional about it because it is the post season, and let's face it, the Anaheim vs. Detroit rivalry has gotten pretty ugly.

If any of you attend game 6 at the Pond and experience some nasty Ducks fans, come on up to section 425, and let me know. I'll take care of them. wink.gif I want all visiting fans to enjoy the Honda Center atmosphere and be able to cheer for their team without having beers chucked at you (wishful thinking).

Again, sorry for all these bad encounters. It's disgusting to see, as a Ducks fan, and as a hockey fan in general.