• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Got Attacked at Game 3

Rate this topic

I will agree with what the other Ducks are saying. You should be able to run your mouth if you want to, to an extent. I am all for yelling and going crazy for your team. But for the rest of us, that are there with our families (ie CHILDREN), come on. Is it totally necessary for some of you to use the F-word 6 times in a 10 word sentence?

Now I realize that the majority of detroit fans that were there last night were TRUE fans. Not only of the RW, but of hockey. There was that small percentage of RW jerseys last night that were completely stupid. The fight that happened in the arena, according to the people that I know that work there that saw it, RW fan started it. I almost got into it game 3 because some guy wouldnt watch his mouth (cussing).

Here is what I suggest. You guys, RW fans, need to start policing your rowdy boys. The Ducks fans are already starting to do this with our fans. Nothing will set a fan straight then getting bitched out by a fellow fan from his team. It gets embarrassing. In the long run, if we the fans dont take care of this, the NHL will. They already dont allow smoking in stadiums (fine by me and I smoke). They have been trying for years to limit alcohol from sproting events for YEARS! This kind of crap happening just fuels what they are trying to say.

Shannahanman, I torn over what you said. On the one side, I cant find any record of what happened last night in any blotter reports, security personnel, or anything like that. I am not saying it didnt happen....On the other side, your best bet would have been to dial 911 and tell them what is going on. You cant run your mouth like that to a bunch of drunks elephants. At least carry a bat in the back seat. I found out the hardway years ago about running my mouth in the same near fashion you were. I didnt work out well for me either. Also, hate to burst your bubble, but that one guy who said you could sue the Pond, either needs to go to law school, or go back to law school, cuz he has been smoking that cheap ragweed in Santa Ana...I hopeyou are feeling better...

CUZ AFTER THE DUCKS GET DONE WHOOPIN' HAT DETROIT RED WING AS&, WE ARE GOING ON TO THE STANLEY CUP!!! (good luck to BOTH teams)

PARROS IS gOD

I will agree with what the other Ducks are saying. You should be able to run your mouth if you want to, to an extent. I am all for yelling and going crazy for your team. But for the rest of us, that are there with our families (ie CHILDREN), come on. Is it totally necessary for some of you to use the F-word 6 times in a 10 word sentence?

Now I realize that the majority of detroit fans that were there last night were TRUE fans. Not only of the RW, but of hockey. There was that small percentage of RW jerseys last night that were completely stupid. The fight that happened in the arena, according to the people that I know that work there that saw it, RW fan started it. I almost got into it game 3 because some guy wouldnt watch his mouth (cussing).

Here is what I suggest. You guys, RW fans, need to start policing your rowdy boys. The Ducks fans are already starting to do this with our fans. Nothing will set a fan straight then getting bitched out by a fellow fan from his team. It gets embarrassing. In the long run, if we the fans dont take care of this, the NHL will. They already dont allow smoking in stadiums (fine by me and I smoke). They have been trying for years to limit alcohol from sproting events for YEARS! This kind of crap happening just fuels what they are trying to say.

Shannahanman, I torn over what you said. On the one side, I cant find any record of what happened last night in any blotter reports, security personnel, or anything like that. I am not saying it didnt happen....On the other side, your best bet would have been to dial 911 and tell them what is going on. You cant run your mouth like that to a bunch of drunks elephants. At least carry a bat in the back seat. I found out the hardway years ago about running my mouth in the same near fashion you were. I didnt work out well for me either. Also, hate to burst your bubble, but that one guy who said you could sue the Pond, either needs to go to law school, or go back to law school, cuz he has been smoking that cheap ragweed in Santa Ana...I hopeyou are feeling better...

CUZ AFTER THE DUCKS GET DONE WHOOPIN' HAT DETROIT RED WING AS&, WE ARE GOING ON TO THE STANLEY CUP!!! (good luck to BOTH teams)

PARROS IS gOD

Technically speaking, he could sue if he really wanted to. Let's say somebody was walking in front of your house and tripped because your cement slabs were uneven and he fell, breaking his hand. The owner of that house could be sued since it happened on his property and he's liable for what happens there.

Same with the Honda Center. OP could sue because, technically speaking, the owners of that land and building are liable for anything that happens on their property.

It may sound a bit silly - but this IS America. Land of "SUE MCDONALDS 'CAUSE THE CUP DIDN'T SAY HOT" :P

P.S. - Welcome to the boards.

Edited by Ms_Hockey

Technically speaking, he could sue if he really wanted to. Let's say somebody was walking in front of your house and tripped because your cement slabs were uneven and he fell, breaking his hand. The owner of that house could be sued since it happened on his property and he's liable for what happens there.

Same with the Honda Center. OP could sue because, technically speaking, the owners of that land and building are liable for anything that happens on their property.

It may sound a bit silly - but this IS America. Land of "SUE MCDONALDS 'CAUSE THE CUP DIDN'T SAY HOT" :P

P.S. - Welcome to the boards.

It'd be pretty difficult to actually pull it off though, especially with this on the back of every ticket:

Ticket holder assumes all risks of personal injury and all other hazards related to the event for which ticket is issued, whether occurring prior to, during or after the event including specifically but not exclusively danger of injury by hockey pucks, sticks, and other equipment, by spectators or players, or by thrown objects. Holder agrees that ADHC, Anaheim Arena Management, LLC, The City of Anaheim, The NHL, The Member Clubs of the NHL, NHL Enterprise, L.P., The NHLPA, and current and former players, and each of their affiliates, parents, related entities, owners, governors, officers, directors, partners, principals, employees and agents are expressly released by holder from any claims arising from or relating to such causes or otherwise occurring at or in connection with event.
Edited by LadyDuck

The United States of America - Land of the free, home of the litigious.

The OP could theoretically sue the Honda Center since it happened on their property, but he'd have a hard time collecting any punitive damages or medical reimbursement. It's highly unlikely that he'll ever see the scum that did it, so basically.....don't waste your breath. What happened to you absolutely sucks and it's embarrassing as a hockey fan that another fan would act like an animal in that way, but you should just be thankful you and your fellow vehicular occupant were not seriously injured.

It'd be pretty difficult to actually pull it off though, especially with this on the back of every ticket:

Ah, yes. That would make it damn near impossible.

But then there's the question of - did he print the tickets off the internet (like Ticketmaster)? If he did and could show that the disclaimer wasn't on his ticket or the site, he'd probably be able to get away with it.

I still wouldn't bother trying, though. Way too much hassle.

Ah, yes. That would make it damn near impossible.

But then there's the question of - did he print the tickets off the internet (like Ticketmaster)? If he did and could show that the disclaimer wasn't on his ticket or the site, he'd probably be able to get away with it.

I still wouldn't bother trying, though. Way too much hassle.

They print that on every ticket (season, box office, ticketmaster).

Any venue for sporting events, concerts, etc. make it damn near impossible to sue these days. :P

Unless anyone is seriously (most likely permanently injured) then I don't think anyone would be able to get away with pulling it off.

Any venue for sporting events, concerts, etc. make it damn near impossible to sue these days. :P

Unless anyone is seriously (most likely permanently injured) then I don't think anyone would be able to get away with pulling it off.

Darnit. Whatever happened to America being sue-happy? <_<

Fun fact: I read a story about a guy who went around suing restaurants for not having a ramp for the disabled. The catch? He wasn't disabled.

PARROS IS gOD

This is seriously the funniest thing I have read in a long time; whether intentional or not.

If you think "fine print" will somehow stop litigation, you are really fooling yourself. What state are you from again?

If you think "fine print" will somehow stop litigation, you are really fooling yourself. What state are you from again?

California, doesn't it say that right over there

<------? ;)

If someone wants to try and sue for a couple bruises and a broken finger, then be my guest. Let me know how it goes. :)

Totally untrue. An attendee has a reasonable expectation to be safe at an event. Now a parking lot brawl may not be a good example (since it would be much harder to determine who was actually at fault), but suppose a lighting fixture fell from the rafters and landed on someone's head. The Honda Center will get sued for that and they will lose no matter what kind of boiler-plate legal mumbo-jumbo they have printed on the back of their ticket.

Totally untrue. An attendee has a reasonable expectation to be safe at an event. Now a parking lot brawl may not be a good example (since it would be much harder to determine who was actually at fault), but suppose a lighting fixture fell from the rafters and landed on someone's head. The Honda Center will get sued for that and they will lose no matter what kind of boiler-plate legal mumbo-jumbo they have printed on the back of their ticket.

If that kind of thing happened, then yes it would be worth it to sue. Unless anyone is seriously (i.e. permanently) injured in a fight, then good luck.

Guest Four
Sounds like BS there's cops everywhere, I think you might just being trying to get attention. If this did happen I'm sorry go to the police.

If that "1994" symbolizes when you were born, then I'd really question what you know about hockey arenas