• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Here's to positive thinking

Rate this topic

really? any source saying that for sure?

if so, major bummer...

I don't think he'll be back in this series at all. He was injured at some point in the BJ series and then had 8 days off before game 1 and he still wasn't well? Forget it, he's done. Wings have to rise above w/out him. There's no other way to cut it.

It's possible...

Yes it is absolutely. 2007 Wings down 2-1 to Sharks and 30 seconds from going down 3-1 playing in San Jose. The Wings score, win in OT and rattle off 3 straight wins for a 6-4 series victory.

I see 3 straight Wings victories....

I don't think he'll be back in this series at all. He was injured at some point in the BJ series and then had 8 days off before game 1 and he still wasn't well? Forget it, he's done. Wings have to rise above w/out him. There's no other way to cut it.

if that is the case, then it's time to shake things up and go with a 5.5 d-man roster... and I say 5.5 meaning dress both Lebda and Meech and have them split duties, with other guys taking more ice time

for example:

Cycle 1 -

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Lidstrom

Cycle 2 -

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Stuart

Meech-Stuart

Cycle 3 -

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Ericsson

Cycle 4 -

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Stuart

Meech-Kronwall

and repeat...

Guest MrSandMan
really? any source saying that for sure?

if so, major bummer...

Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond said last night that Ralfi won't play game 4 but is expected to return on Sunday's game 5.

Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond said last night that Ralfi won't play game 4 but is expected to return on Sunday's game 5.

No they didn't. They said he was unlikely to play in Game 4, but that there was no official news that he wasn't going to either.

Guest MrSandMan
No they didn't. They said he was unlikely to play in Game 4, but that there was no official news that he wasn't going to either.

Rewatch the FSN game, obvioulsy you missed it. They said "he will not play in game 4 but is expected to return for Sunday's game 5".

Here's some positive thinking. The Wings don't lose another game in this series. They are MUCH better than this team and as soon as they crack Hiller, its blowout city. Losing like this should only fire up the Wings even more.

It was just one game, not the season.

Guest lilja4mvp
Here's some delusional thinking. The Wings don't lose another game in this series.

fixed that up for ya

Ya im over the last game now, and i firmly believe the redwings will win the next three games. I expect them to play out of their minds cuz their so pissed off. I know when i played mad i played so much better.

Rewatch the FSN game, obvioulsy you missed it. They said "he will not play in game 4 but is expected to return for Sunday's game 5".

and then Daniels said "although theres no official word on that." Obviosuly you missed it.

He may be out, but its not official yet.

Here's some positive thinking. The Wings don't lose another game in this series. They are MUCH better than this team and as soon as they crack Hiller, its blowout city. Losing like this should only fire up the Wings even more.

I highly doubt that. The situation is more serious than we think right now. If we do not split the games on Thursday, we will be f***ed up again. We mentioned again and again that this team can be better than this but never happened. If the team can be better but they do not become better, there is no point of saying how the things go.

Besides, it is not just one game. It is the PLAYOFF. If we lose ANY GAME IN THE PLAYOFF, we have to take it seriously. I know the Wings are good on road but something has to be done. If we lose this series with this much amount of talent, huge amount of problem is on babcock. He has done nothing this series so far. What the f*** is the point of keeping the line which has zero chemistry?

By the way, heres some realistic positive thinking.

Anaheim's #6 Dman is fricking Sheldon Brookbank. Their #7 is an injured Brett Hedican. They traded away Huskins and Montador at the deadline, and unless I'm mistaken, their new #7 is Mikkelson. A 21 year old rookie who has 34 games of NHL experience.

An Anaheim squad that was once 3 paird deep, is now just 2 pairs deep. Say hello to a Brookbank-Mikkelson bottom pairing. In other words - say hello to Pronger and Niedermayer running on empty for half the game, since theres no way Carlyle is putting out those 2 together on the ice when we have 3 lines that can score.

If there ever was a turning point in a series against the Anaheim Ducks, its when they FINALLY have key injuries to their D. If we grind out a W in game 4, and get Rafalski back for game 5, with Wiz still out, this series is ours.

Guest lilja4mvp

younguns, that's at best a wash when we have the brutal lebda-chelios pairing. rafalski better be half-dead to be out of the lineup for game 4.

LOL I'll make sure to bring up this post next Wednesday morning.

chances are that you won't.

...but i will.

Injuries happen, I don't think any team doesn't have to deal with them ever in the playoffs. That being said Raf coulda made the difference in game 2 and 3, but so could the players on the ice. Expect a whole 60 minutes in game 4, because this starting up in the 3rd period s*** isn't cutting it, and this is pretty much our last stand because we won't be coming back if we get down 3 - 1. It's true though, regardless of our halfassed effort last night, OT still shoulda been forced, but that's that, and the Wings need to forget about it and play a full game tomorrow.

Wings in 6!

Anaheim's #6 Dman is fricking Sheldon Brookbank. Their #7 is an injured Brett Hedican. They traded away Huskins and Montador at the deadline, and unless I'm mistaken, their new #7 is Mikkelson. A 21 year old rookie who has 34 games of NHL experience.

An Anaheim squad that was once 3 paird deep, is now just 2 pairs deep. Say hello to a Brookbank-Mikkelson bottom pairing. In other words - say hello to Pronger and Niedermayer running on empty for half the game, since theres no way Carlyle is putting out those 2 together on the ice when we have 3 lines that can score.

If there ever was a turning point in a series against the Anaheim Ducks, its when they FINALLY have key injuries to their D. If we grind out a W in game 4, and get Rafalski back for game 5, with Wiz still out, this series is ours.

:thumbup:

I agree but the ******* fact is that CHELLIOS AND LEBDA PAIRING HAS BEEN NO DIFFERENT THAN INJURED DEFENSIVE LINE UP.

younguns, that's at best a wash when we have the brutal lebda-chelios pairing. rafalski better be half-dead to be out of the lineup for game 4.

chances are that you won't.

...but i will.

It must be fun to be so pessimistic. :rolleyes: Why exactly do you think the Ducks will win the series? Because of how drastically they've out played us? The Wings out shot the Ducks 35-9 in the final two periods last night. As soon as the Wings crack Hiller, its over for them. The Wings are a MUCH better team and look like it, even in a loss. Is winning the next three really that unbelievable?

If RaIf is somewhat good to go.. Give him Cheli's minutes.. Put him on the 3rd pairing with Lebda.. and PP duty.. Limit his minutes.. a Hurt Rafalski is better then a healthy Chelios.. my 0.02$

I wouldn't mind seeing Meech being subbed in for Chelios.. atleast Meech can move the puck. and make a pass.

Guest lilja4mvp
Is winning the next three really that unbelievable?

yes.

the wings will not win 3 straight with datsyuk and hossa getting completely shutdown and outscored by a line of benders. the wings will not win 3 straight with a 3rd pairing of lebda-chelios getting icetime. the wings will not win 3 straight when samuelsson is firing all of your powerplay shots.

it's not going to happen.

Why is Meech such a bad option? If he an Chelios are not capable of playing in the playoffs why were they on the team all year. Why not bring in Jakub Kindl? He could have been getting ready for this situation all year long.

Same with Leino, he could be running on 4th line that can score. Maybe someone could help our most valuable 4th liner Helm.