• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bump

Which referee called the "penalty" on Stuart last night?

Rate this topic

I didn't it see it covered anywhere. What referee called the penalty on Stuart for the hit behind the net. I know it was the far referee who was out near the blue line and not the ref near the play, but was it Watson or Peel? If it was Watson, that's two blown calls and he shouldn't work another game in these playoffs.

I didn't it see it covered anywhere. What referee called the penalty on Stuart for the hit behind the net. I know it was the far referee who was out near the blue line and not the ref near the play, but was it Watson or Peel? If it was Watson, that's two blown calls and he shouldn't work another game in these playoffs.

I have not seen the replay yet but I recall Redmond saying it was the ref at center ice who called it.

I have not seen the replay yet but I recall Redmond saying it was the ref at center ice who called it.

If I remember, I will try to review it to see who the official was near the play, to figure out who called it.

This call pissed me off to no end. This "penalty" contributed to the game winning goal.

and I know that the wings need to kill these off and then they get the PP they need to capitalize... but honestly in a game of inches and lucky bounces deciding games why oh why is it that these half blind zebras get away with making bad calls that decide games. Players are held accountable for their actins and decisions on the ice, why too not the zebras?

Watching the replay of NHL Live. They said Watson, same ref who blew whistle early, made the call.

Sounds like he was a little too over agressive in his calls last night. Someone should create a website that lists all the NHL officials, the games they are in, and what calls they make. I don't think the NHL would mind. :unsure:

He also didn't happen to make the call on the previous game where Stuart hit the guy mid ice and the guy fell down and broke his stick? I think that one ended up in a goal as well... It may have been a deserved interference I can't remember. I just thought it looked pretty weak.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist here, but i have this...conspiracy theory.

That NBA ref was busted a few years ago for being involved with a gambling ring. Do you guys have any idea how much money is invilved world wide in gambling?

Calls like Watson's really make a guy wonder. Especially the No Goal.

Guest MrSandMan

Versus just said during the pens/caps intermission that Detroit got jobbed and the calls (Stuart and the no-goal) was bad calls.

Then they go on to say that's hockey and then they started gushing all over Scott Neidermayer

Edit: Scott, not Rob. Get them confused

Edited by MrSandMan

Versus just said during the pens/caps intermission that Detroit got jobbed and the calls (Stuart and the no-goal) was bad calls.

Then they go on to say that's hockey and then they started gushing all over Rob Neidermayer

They are right that it's all part of hockey, but the NHL makes no attempt to try and eliminate it from hockey.

Then they go on to say that's hockey and then they started gushing all over Scott Neidermayer

Edit: Scott, not Rob. Get them confused

Yah I just saw that as well.... It just shows that there are major problems with the league when calls like the Stuart call and the disallowed goal are considered to be part of the game.... I understand mistakes are made, but they shouldn't be made to the extent that they were last night....

Guest MrSandMan
They are right that it's all part of hockey, but the NHL makes no attempt to try and eliminate it from hockey.

NHL's excuse was that Officials don't have the luxury of "slow-mo" and playbacks. Last I checked, in this 21st century, technology does have slow-mo and replays, they just chose not to utilize this awesome technology. Instead, they would rather make bad calls and screw teams.

Guest MrSandMan
Watson is the new O'hallaran. They must have both graduated with majors in reffing from the Blind Officials Academy.

How can Watson even have a job? He'd get fired even as a kiddy Ref.... He must be a bum related to Bettman. Bettman felt bad for him for being a McDonald reject and gave him a job. That's the only thing that I can think of.

Which Ref was responsible for MISSING the call on Neidermayer? If Watson is responsible for all the BAD calls against the Wings, then that would be really crazy.

I think it was... unless the refs swap sides each period like the teams do (which I don't think they do)

And why can't the ref who was right next to that play call the center ice ref over (or meet in the frickin middle, like I care where they meet) and say, "Uh, no. The puck was right there".

Once again, they're more interested in saving face than making the right calls.

Well it's understandable. Watson lost sight of the puck and never saw Miller play it. <_<

Interesting though, an NHL ref who can not pick up a black puck on white ice. You would think that would be a disadvantage in his job. :angry:

I live in So Cal so I had to watch the Ducks feed w/ that god awful one sided SoB Hays. Even he said that there should not have been a penalty on Stuart and that it was a good clean hard shoulder to shoulder check. He also said the Ducks got a HUGE break on the no goal call. That says something right there....

Well it's understandable. Watson lost sight of the puck and never saw Miller play it. <_<

Interesting though, an NHL ref who can not pick up a black puck on white ice. You would think that would be a disadvantage in his job. :angry:

It's the blue ice that's REALLY tough. And you shouldn't even bother trying if the goalie has black anywhere on his uniform or pads <_<

It's the blue ice that's REALLY tough. And you shouldn't even bother trying if the goalie has black anywhere on his uniform or pads <_<

Was looking for a replay of the Neidermayer goal last night and stumbled upon this:

Brian Hayward is an awesome guy, and this video made me laugh. Not everyone in the Ducks organization is a complete SCHMUCK.

So let me get this straight, it was Watson that called the no goal at the end, and called the penalty on Stuart (from center ice)??

Are you kidding me?

Nope, no conspiracy at all folks, just move along, nothing to see here....