44 replies to this topic

#1 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

Pens question curve of Ovechkin's stick blade
Wednesday, 05.06.2009 / 2:49 PM / Conference Semifinals: Washington vs. Pittsburgh
By NHL.com Staff
Crosby-Ovechkin Gear PITTSBURGH – There has been a lot of talk revolving around Alex Ovechkin's stick in this series, and not only because of his Game 2 hat trick.

The Penguins have questioned whether Ovechkin is playing with a legal curve, but have not yet asked the referees to measure the curve.

When asked directly about Ovechkin's stick, Penguins captain Sidney Crosby tried to be evasive, saying, "He's got a big curve. I really don't know. I don't know curves well enough to know what's illegal and what's not.

"I don't have to change my stick in the third period or anything like that," No. 87 said. "I don't have to worry about the curve. He's got a big curve."

Pittsburgh goalie Marc-Andre Fleury was more definitive Tuesday, saying he wouldn't be surprised if the curve on Ovechkin's stick blade went beyond the legal three-quarter of an inch limit.

For the record, Ovechkin has never been caught using an illegal stick. The Penguins' complaints were news to Ovechkin.

"I didn't even know about it," Ovechkin said. "What can I say? Nothing."

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=421716

O.o

#2 NumbaSixty-Six

NumbaSixty-Six

4th Line Grinder

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:05 PM

Lol? Blade is clearly Illegal. Like Honestly?

http://lambkill.file...le-sam-stfu.jpg

Jagr got his stick checked all the time? so Does Heatly and Spezza? Kovalchuk got caught? Like stfu, i swear to god... God forbid Crosby cries @ a funeral. Its really sad.. Its more sad than dirtbag no lifers that follow celebrities to keep whining and bitching about someone you don't evenf****** know... like you really just need to shut the f*** up.

#3 Mike

Mike

Population: 11 Banners

• Gold Booster
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (NumbaSixty-Six @ May 6, 2009 - 09:05PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jagr got his stick checked all the time? so Does Heatly and Spezza? Kovalchuk got caught? Like stfu, i swear to god... God forbid Crosby cries @ a funeral. Its really sad.. Its more sad than dirtbag no lifers that follow celebrities to keep whining and bitching about someone you don't evenf****** know... like you really just need to shut the f*** up.

I don't know what I just read. I suggest that you switch to decaf.

Sig by TeeMan

#4 EuroTwin

EuroTwin

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:08 PM

Wow, how passive aggressive. If they think it's illegal, just come out and say "I think his stick is illegal will you please check it." Instead of this half-assed passive-aggressive BS.

Hudler!!

"If you didn't know him, and saw him without hockey gear, you'd never suspect Datsyuk to be a world-class athlete. He walks a bit hunched over. His gait is somewhat crab-like, almost like he's still skating, even on dry land.

But put him on skates and he's Houdini on ice. He is not the fastest skater by a long shot, but there can't be too many who are stronger or more flexible. Checking him has to feel like checking Gumby. You might get a piece of him, but he bounces away, moving faster thanks to the leverage he gained from your check."

From The Detroit News

#5 Statts

Statts

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (NumbaSixty-Six @ May 6, 2009 - 05:05PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Calling him out in the media does nothing. If the pens think his stick is illegal, call him out during the game.

Sounds like your team needs to STFU
I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, I'm going to mop the floor with your face.
I said, You'll be sorry.
He said, Oh, yeah? Why?
I said, Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well.
-Emo Philips

#6 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (EuroTwin @ May 6, 2009 - 08:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, how passive aggressive. If they think it's illegal, just come out and say "I think his stick is illegal will you please check it." Instead of this half-assed passive-aggressive BS.

Someone should ask Bob Hartley if that's such a good idea. laugh.gif I still get a chuckle over that one. "Measure this, Bob."

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#7 EuroTwin

EuroTwin

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (puckloo39 @ May 6, 2009 - 09:13PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone should ask Bob Hartley if that's such a good idea. laugh.gif I still get a chuckle over that one. "Measure this, Bob."

Seriously.

*sigh* I never thought I'd ever say this, but at least he had the balls to do something about it, rather than this lockerroom gossip-mongering, whispers behind closed doors, passive-aggressive drama that is apparently going on.
Hudler!!

"If you didn't know him, and saw him without hockey gear, you'd never suspect Datsyuk to be a world-class athlete. He walks a bit hunched over. His gait is somewhat crab-like, almost like he's still skating, even on dry land.

But put him on skates and he's Houdini on ice. He is not the fastest skater by a long shot, but there can't be too many who are stronger or more flexible. Checking him has to feel like checking Gumby. You might get a piece of him, but he bounces away, moving faster thanks to the leverage he gained from your check."

From The Detroit News

#8 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Statts @ May 6, 2009 - 08:10PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Calling him out in the media does nothing. If the pens think his stick is illegal, call him out during the game.

Sounds like your team needs to STFU

DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!

And Numba sixtySix, sorry, we have a home version of the game for you.
*this space for rent*

#9 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (NumbaSixty-Six @ May 6, 2009 - 09:05PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*Scratches head*
L2Grammar please wink.gif

O.o

#10 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

If they think it's illegal, why cry to the media about it? Why didn't they just call for his stick to be measured in-game if they could tell so blatantly? Actions speak louder than words. Put your money where your mouth is.

Edited by Shoreline, 06 May 2009 - 08:36 PM.

#11 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Shoreline @ May 6, 2009 - 09:36PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they think it's illegal, why cry to the media about it? Why didn't they just call for his stick to be measured in-game if they could tell so blatantly? Actions speak louder than words. Put your money where your mouth is.

That's what I was getting at, but Mr. Angry Penguins Macho-Enforcer seemed to go rather haywire..

O.o

#12 Jake Ryan

Jake Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Four @ May 6, 2009 - 06:33PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Scratches head*
L2Grammar please wink.gif

Yah, I tried re-reading that post WITHOUT voicing inflection in my mind where all the question marks are, as one is taught to do in grammar school. And the post was still hard to make out.

LOL? Honestly? I think you need to chill, bro? Good post, Four?/ I am hungry now? I think I'll go to the fridge and get a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Oh, by the way? The ref in our game sucked last night? / Did you see the call he made on the Hossa goal at the end of the game.

#13 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Jake Ryan @ May 6, 2009 - 09:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yah, I tried re-reading that post WITHOUT voicing inflection in my mind where all the question marks are, as one is taught to do in grammar school. And the post was still hard to make out.

LOL? Honestly? I think you need to chill, bro? Good post, Four?/ I am hungry now? I think I'll go to the fridge and get a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Oh, by the way? The ref in our game sucked last night? / Did you see the call he made on the Hossa goal at the end of the game.

LOL! laugh.gif

O.o

#14 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

HAHA!!!
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#15 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:12 PM

They're complaining about obstruction again too

http://www.post-gaze...6/967905-61.stm

#16 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:15 PM

Crosby needs to pass on these questions, or fire whoever it is thats coaching him on how to handle the media.
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#17 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

He pretty much evaded the question.

Does Ovechkin have a big curve? Yeah. Did Crosby say he thinks it is illegal? No. Is LGW grasping at straws on this one? Yeah.

#18 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:29 PM

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#19 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (esteef @ May 6, 2009 - 10:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

But seriously, the Penguins and Cindy need to stuff it.

#20 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

today they've got 7(!) powerplays including one in overtime. I hope everybody is happy.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah