• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Four

Penguins Complaining

Rate this topic

Guest Four
Pens question curve of Ovechkin's stick blade

Wednesday, 05.06.2009 / 2:49 PM / Conference Semifinals: Washington vs. Pittsburgh

By NHL.com Staff

Crosby-Ovechkin Gear PITTSBURGH – There has been a lot of talk revolving around Alex Ovechkin's stick in this series, and not only because of his Game 2 hat trick.

The Penguins have questioned whether Ovechkin is playing with a legal curve, but have not yet asked the referees to measure the curve.

When asked directly about Ovechkin's stick, Penguins captain Sidney Crosby tried to be evasive, saying, "He's got a big curve. I really don't know. I don't know curves well enough to know what's illegal and what's not.

"I don't have to change my stick in the third period or anything like that," No. 87 said. "I don't have to worry about the curve. He's got a big curve."

Pittsburgh goalie Marc-Andre Fleury was more definitive Tuesday, saying he wouldn't be surprised if the curve on Ovechkin's stick blade went beyond the legal three-quarter of an inch limit.

For the record, Ovechkin has never been caught using an illegal stick. The Penguins' complaints were news to Ovechkin.

"I didn't even know about it," Ovechkin said. "What can I say? Nothing."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=421716

Guest NumbaSixty-Six

Lol? Blade is clearly Illegal. Like Honestly?

http://lambkill.files.wordpress.com/2008/0...le-sam-stfu.jpg

Jagr got his stick checked all the time? so Does Heatly and Spezza? Kovalchuk got caught? Like stfu, i swear to god... God forbid Crosby cries @ a funeral. Its really sad.. Its more sad than dirtbag no lifers that follow celebrities to keep whining and bitching about someone you don't even ******* know... like you really just need to shut the f*** up.

Jagr got his stick checked all the time? so Does Heatly and Spezza? Kovalchuk got caught? Like stfu, i swear to god... God forbid Crosby cries @ a funeral. Its really sad.. Its more sad than dirtbag no lifers that follow celebrities to keep whining and bitching about someone you don't even ******* know... like you really just need to shut the f*** up.

I don't know what I just read. I suggest that you switch to decaf.

Wow, how passive aggressive. If they think it's illegal, just come out and say "I think his stick is illegal will you please check it." Instead of this half-assed passive-aggressive BS.

Calling him out in the media does nothing. If the pens think his stick is illegal, call him out during the game.

Sounds like your team needs to STFU

Wow, how passive aggressive. If they think it's illegal, just come out and say "I think his stick is illegal will you please check it." Instead of this half-assed passive-aggressive BS.

Someone should ask Bob Hartley if that's such a good idea. :lol: I still get a chuckle over that one. "Measure this, Bob."

Someone should ask Bob Hartley if that's such a good idea. :lol: I still get a chuckle over that one. "Measure this, Bob."

Seriously.

*sigh* I never thought I'd ever say this, but at least he had the balls to do something about it, rather than this lockerroom gossip-mongering, whispers behind closed doors, passive-aggressive drama that is apparently going on.

Calling him out in the media does nothing. If the pens think his stick is illegal, call him out during the game.

Sounds like your team needs to STFU

DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!

And Numba sixtySix, sorry, we have a home version of the game for you.

Guest Four

*Scratches head*

L2Grammar please ;)

Guest Shoreline

If they think it's illegal, why cry to the media about it? Why didn't they just call for his stick to be measured in-game if they could tell so blatantly? Actions speak louder than words. Put your money where your mouth is.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Four
If they think it's illegal, why cry to the media about it? Why didn't they just call for his stick to be measured in-game if they could tell so blatantly? Actions speak louder than words. Put your money where your mouth is.

That's what I was getting at, but Mr. Angry Penguins Macho-Enforcer seemed to go rather haywire..

*Scratches head*

L2Grammar please ;)

Yah, I tried re-reading that post WITHOUT voicing inflection in my mind where all the question marks are, as one is taught to do in grammar school. And the post was still hard to make out.

LOL? Honestly? I think you need to chill, bro? Good post, Four?/ I am hungry now? I think I'll go to the fridge and get a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Oh, by the way? The ref in our game sucked last night? / Did you see the call he made on the Hossa goal at the end of the game.

Guest Four
Yah, I tried re-reading that post WITHOUT voicing inflection in my mind where all the question marks are, as one is taught to do in grammar school. And the post was still hard to make out.

LOL? Honestly? I think you need to chill, bro? Good post, Four?/ I am hungry now? I think I'll go to the fridge and get a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Oh, by the way? The ref in our game sucked last night? / Did you see the call he made on the Hossa goal at the end of the game.

LOL! :lol:

He pretty much evaded the question.

Does Ovechkin have a big curve? Yeah. Did Crosby say he thinks it is illegal? No. Is LGW grasping at straws on this one? Yeah.

He initially evaded the question. In fact, when I first read this on NHL.com earlier today, I read through the first half of the argument, and I was impressed at how tactful Crosby was:

When asked directly about Ovechkin's stick, Penguins captain Sidney Crosby tried to be evasive, saying, "He's got a big curve. I really don't know. I don't know curves well enough to know what's illegal and what's not.

There's the try.

And here's the fail:

"I don't have to change my stick in the third period or anything like that," No. 87 said. "I don't have to worry about the curve. He's got a big curve."

Maybe you have a hard time reading between the lines, but thats damn clear insinuation that Ovechkin's stick is illegal, and that Crosby's isn't.

Crosby can't stand Ovechkin. Its obvious. And he has to draw contrasts between him and Ovechkin at every turn he has, trying to make himself sound like the bigger person.

I really wish NHL.com still had that clip up of Ovechkin and Crosby commenting about one another. Ovechkin says "Crosby probably sees the ice better than anyone in the NHL." Crosby says "We're just different people. People say he loves the game more than anyone. But I like the game as much as anyone - if not more."

Ovechkin compliments. Crosby puffs out his chest.

He initially evaded the question. In fact, when I first read this on NHL.com earlier today, I read through the first half of the argument, and I was impressed at how tactful Crosby was:

There's the try.

And here's the fail:

Maybe you have a hard time reading between the lines, but thats damn clear insinuation that Ovechkin's stick is illegal, and that Crosby's isn't.

Crosby can't stand Ovechkin. Its obvious. And he has to draw contrasts between him and Ovechkin at every turn he has, trying to make himself sound like the bigger person.

I really wish NHL.com still had that clip up of Ovechkin and Crosby commenting about one another. Ovechkin says "Crosby probably sees the ice better than anyone in the NHL." Crosby says "We're just different people. People say he loves the game more than anyone. But I like the game as much as anyone - if not more."

Ovechkin compliments. Crosby puffs out his chest.

Perhaps I don't understand the relevance to changing your stick in the third? I really don't understand that part.

And regarding the second to last paragraph: do you know if they were asked the same questions, or not? Because you cannot assume they were asked the same things and Crosby just said "oh I enjoy the game as much as him".

today they've got 7(!) powerplays including one in overtime. I hope everybody is happy.

That's what happens when you dominate a team all game long. Not being a homer, but if it wasn't for Varlamov, this game would have been out of control. Washington was beat to every puck, they were knocked off every puck, they had more turnovers then I could count, and were pinned in their own zone 90% of the game.

They took lazy and frustration penalties all game.

By the way, the OT Penalty was for a delay of game, when a Capitals player shot the puck over the glass because he was being pressured.

Edited by Pensfan

Well no, but that's what I like. I wasn't being sarcastic or making some kind of off-beat remark about it. Some of these threads are really and truly, quite hilarious. If I'm having a bad day or something ain't going right, I find a "Sidney Sucks" thread and laugh my ass off and feel better.

So really, threads like this do a great service to the mental health community. Keep on truckin'!

I loved that I went to the game lastnight, and like everyone else here I was bummed. But before I even logged on, I knew there would be 10 threads of 'were doomed' and 'refs hate us'. Couldn't help but smile at the thought of online-panic-syndrome! :lol:

Edited by miller76