• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Four

Penguins Complaining

Rate this topic

"We didn't play our game," Ovechkin said. "I don't want to talk about Varlamov. I don't want to talk about the referees, too. They only had two penalties, it's kind of a joke."

Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau said Varlamov nearly stole the game, and added he disliked the officiating nearly as much as Ovechkin.

"When you get a goaltending effort like that, you have to win because they don't come around every day," Boudreau said. "I think we might have deserved the penalties, but they sure as hell deserved a few more than they got."

He pretty much evaded the question.

Does Ovechkin have a big curve? Yeah. Did Crosby say he thinks it is illegal? No. Is LGW grasping at straws on this one? Yeah.

QFT

If you are going to do this, do it for all series going on right now, 'cause there is no shortage of it.

You're right, Crosby isn't a crybaby.

What does that have to do with anything I posted? I have no reason to try and defend an NHL player haha. I just wonder why a lot of the hate is one sided?

What does that have to do with anything I posted? I have no reason to try and defend an NHL player haha. I just wonder why a lot of the hate is one sided?

So in your opinion is he a cry baby?

If this was a guy at your job, what would you think?

Perhaps I don't understand the relevance to changing your stick in the third? I really don't understand that part.

And regarding the second to last paragraph: do you know if they were asked the same questions, or not? Because you cannot assume they were asked the same things and Crosby just said "oh I enjoy the game as much as him".

They were not asked the same questions, no. They weren't shown the questions. I'm assuming it was a question about Ovechkin's personality, and Crosby felt the need to turn it into something else.

In regards to the "changing your stick in the third" thing, its a common adage in hockey that players are reminded to "change their sticks" in the third period, because thats when the challenge of an illegal stick is most likely to come.

So, putting the two together, Crosby is insinuating that he doesn't use an illegal stick, and that Ovechkin does.

Because Crosby complains about stupid s***. Yes, Ovechkin and Boudreau complained about the penalties, and that makes me think less of him. Frankly, the complaints about the reffing are out of hand these days. Hitchcock and the Jackets. Carlyle and the Ducks. Even Babcock is guilty of it. Doesn't make it right, but at this point, complaining about penalties/reffing is everyones plight.

However, complaints about the curve of a stick (to the media) and the hats on the ice post-hattrick from the team's biggest star are just asking to be bashed.

Crosby needs to pass on these questions, or fire whoever it is thats coaching him on how to handle the media.

Ha, agreed. He'd actually be better off with Bertuzzi's media manager.

I was watching the game tonite. He does hustle like a raped ape, though. You gotta give him credit there. He plays like his skates are on fire.

So in your opinion is he a cry baby?

If this was a guy at your job, what would you think?

Sure, I think he goes overboard sometimes, but I think that will dissipate with age and experience.

Lol? Blade is clearly Illegal. Like Honestly?

http://lambkill.files.wordpress.com/2008/0...le-sam-stfu.jpg

Jagr got his stick checked all the time? so Does Heatly and Spezza? Kovalchuk got caught? Like stfu, i swear to god... God forbid Crosby cries @ a funeral. Its really sad.. Its more sad than dirtbag no lifers that follow celebrities to keep whining and bitching about someone you don't even ******* know... like you really just need to shut the f*** up.

I don't know what I just read. I suggest that you switch to decaf.

Naiiiled it.

sidney.jpg

:lol: Classic :P

Sure, I think he goes overboard sometimes, but I think that will dissipate with age and experience.

HEY! You take your reasoned, non-offensive responses and you get the hell out of here. Come back when you're ready to sling insults! :ranting:

Lol? Blade is clearly Illegal. Like Honestly?

http://lambkill.files.wordpress.com/2008/0...le-sam-stfu.jpg

Jagr got his stick checked all the time? so Does Heatly and Spezza? Kovalchuk got caught? Like stfu, i swear to god... God forbid Crosby cries @ a funeral. Its really sad.. Its more sad than dirtbag no lifers that follow celebrities to keep whining and bitching about someone you don't even ******* know... like you really just need to shut the f*** up.

Ummmmm..... It's just a game?

today they've got 7(!) powerplays including one in overtime. I hope everybody is happy.

And the 1 in overtime was a puck over the glass, so are you somehow suggesting they were getting favouritism there?

The comments regarding Ovechkin's stick were likely planned. I totally understand why it would be done in the media rather than the game. How often do you actually see measurements? Very, very rare. I think the plan would probably be to get the Caps thinking about it and potentially take the illegal stick out of his hands, I think they'd rather that then call him for it in the game and get a powerplay, especially since sticks get changed all the time during the game and they'd be taking the risk of going short-handed.

The one thing I did notice after last night's game was Ovechkin's complaints about the powerplay discrepancy. Can't say I'm surprised that his comments get ignored completely, but if Crosby said the same thing, there would be a 10 page thread on here about him complaining about the refs.

I also found one of Ovechkin's comments funny when he suggested he had, basically a 100% chance in scoring in overtime, but the puck fell off his stick or something....really....100%??

Perhaps I don't understand the relevance to changing your stick in the third? I really don't understand that part.

The third period is, by far, the most likely time a stick challenge would come up. It's often used as a desperation move to try and get a 'free' power play. Some pretty famous names were notorious for using illegal sticks in the first two periods only to switch in the third or if they got spooked and caught someone eyeballin their stick. Unfortunately, I can't remember any of their names with certainty. For some reason I wanna say that Al MacGinnis(sp?) was known for it. But don't quote me on that.

Edited by Broken 16

Guest micah

Well played by Crosby and the Pens. This sends the message that Ovie's stick has been noticed. Ovie would be an idiot to use an illegal curve now, weather he was in the past or not. Pittsburgh looses nothing but might gain a tiny bit.

Guest micah
And the 1 in overtime was a puck over the glass, so are you somehow suggesting they were getting favouritism there?

The comments regarding Ovechkin's stick were likely planned. I totally understand why it would be done in the media rather than the game. How often do you actually see measurements? Very, very rare. I think the plan would probably be to get the Caps thinking about it and potentially take the illegal stick out of his hands, I think they'd rather that then call him for it in the game and get a powerplay, especially since sticks get changed all the time during the game and they'd be taking the risk of going short-handed.

I should have read that before I posted.

Because Crosby complains about stupid s***. Yes, Ovechkin and Boudreau complained about the penalties, and that makes me think less of him. Frankly, the complaints about the reffing are out of hand these days. Hitchcock and the Jackets. Carlyle and the Ducks. Even Babcock is guilty of it. Doesn't make it right, but at this point, complaining about penalties/reffing is everyones plight.

However, complaints about the curve of a stick (to the media) and the hats on the ice post-hattrick from the team's biggest star are just asking to be bashed.

1. Ovechkin was not asked about the referreeing (my spelling is atroucious right now) and made that the subject anyway. Crosby was specifically asked about Ovechkin's stick and made a comment.

2. Regarding the "Ovechkin/Crosby" interviews previously, you are making an assumption as to what Crosby's response was to his question.

3. I understand the third period stick challenge strategy.

4. I would agree with this statement. "The comments regarding Ovechkin's stick were likely planned. I totally understand why it would be done in the media rather than the game. How often do you actually see measurements? Very, very rare. I think the plan would probably be to get the Caps thinking about it and potentially take the illegal stick out of his hands, I think they'd rather that then call him for it in the game and get a powerplay, especially since sticks get changed all the time during the game and they'd be taking the risk of going short-handed."