• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Ducks 3

Rate this topic

lmao, keep dreaming buddy, dont you remember what happened in 07??? series tied 2-2 and everyone was saying that detroit was gonna whoop our butts, and what ended up happening? 4-2 thats right, the only team capable of beating you guys are the ducks, and im not saying that its gonna be easy, but it looks like we are back in 07

What I have learned is that when the Wings are down two important defensemen (either Schneider/Kronwall or Rafalski/Lilja), these teams can be very evenly matched, especially when the refs actively take away legit goals from the Wings. Even given this, the Wings are still capable of taking their game to a much higher level than the Ducks can match (witness the 5-0 blowout in '07 and the game last night).

lmao, keep dreaming buddy, dont you remember what happened in 07??? series tied 2-2 and everyone was saying that detroit was gonna whoop our butts, and what ended up happening? 4-2 thats right, the only team capable of beating you guys are the ducks, and im not saying that its gonna be easy, but it looks like we are back in 07

We didn't have two key D-man, we didn't have any physical D-men at all. So no guys like Stewart to beat you along the corners and at the net. No Kronwall to deliver checks to your guys flying from the neutral zone. You now only have 3 top D men. By the looks of last night they are tiring out and slowing down (except salt and pepper) . You may not be able to match (contain) the Hoss-Franzen-Flip line. Datsuk is long overdue as well. If Hiller can't bounce back, look out. How is a rookie going to handle that kind of pressure?

Furthermore, game 2 was an overtime victory, could have went either way and you were WAY outplayed in intensity for the majority of the overtime periods and game 3 should have been another overtime.

That stated, momentum has shifted and to have your ass handed to you in your own barn is never a good thing. You could say that whom ever wins the next game wins the series. :siren:

Edited by servo

No, buddy. DETROIT had the 2-1 lead in '07.. only to have the Ducks come back and take it all. All the Ducks fans can talk about is how this is a carbon copy of '07. It's not. Time to hop into 2009.

Detroit's offensive firepower alone make this series different. We have guys on our second and third lines who would make top lines on other teams, including yours. Getzlaf alone logs more ice time than anybody on that team. Anaheim has ONE line. Perry, Ryan, Getzlaf. After that, they've got Selanne. The Wings have three solid scoring lines. The longer this series goes, the more it favors Detroit. Your top line can't double-shift itself forever.

Haha.

lol, wasnt expecting so many responses lol, hey all i have to say is that i honestly dont know who is going to win, that is was makes it pretty fun and possibly the best series that we are going to see in the playoffs, trust me, i know that the redwings team has all sorts of good players in all the lines, and we just have 1, but last nights performance of the ducks was pretty bad, i dont think you will see that same performance in detroit sunday, but honestly no one knows who is going to win. thats the beauty of it all.

I'm not saying it is going to be easy, but last night made me believe that they now know what it takes to finish the Ducks off. I predicted 7 games when the series started, but I am amending that statement now. :)

Dear Christ. This is not 2007. This is 2009. Anything can happen. So why don't you take a damn pill.

Dear Christ. This is not 2007. This is 2009. Anything can happen. So why don't you take a damn pill.

your a little feisty one aint ya lol, im actually going to take your advice because its friday and i have to take my chill pill anyways, and im not stuck in the past, i mean the last 2 playoffs we have played... well the record speaks for itself.

Great move by Babcock with the line changes. The FFH line is too physical for the Quacks to match up with (given that the ZDH line matches the Perry line) and that bodes well for the Wings when they get last line change in game 5. Things are looking up.

I'm not saying it is going to be easy, but last night made me believe that they now know what it takes to finish the Ducks off. I predicted 7 games when the series started, but I am amending that statement now. :)

Yessirr! Sweeeet Jeeeeezusss!

Thu Wings, ah say thu Wings have seeeeen the laght!!! Glory, HAALLLLelujah!!!

Can ah heeeaar an A-MEN? !!!! :yahoo::notworthy:

Meanwhile, all they have to do is remember that feeling they had after their win last night. Couldn't hurt! ;)

but last nights performance of the ducks was pretty bad

Man... What is with everyone saying this? Can nobody give the Red Wings credit for finally waking up? Do the Ducks fans really think that they're playing against a Detroit Team that is firing on all Cylinders if Hossa hasn't scored yet?

I didn't think the Ducks played that bad. Hiller - maybe... but overall, I think they played pretty good. Their forward had 2 assists... Neidermeier had a goal, and Pronger went to the box... sounds like a normal Ducks game. They had some good Offensive shifts, good cycles, good looks at the net... Ozzie made some big saves and the Wings stepped up.

The Ducks were'nt that bad, the Wings were just that Good.

the wings just simply got it done last night.

the first ten minutes or so was a bit shaky but after that the Wings were able to chase Hiller.

great to see hossa get two goals last night. the flip-franzen-hossa line was the best line on the ice.

Man... What is with everyone saying this? Can nobody give the Red Wings credit for finally waking up? Do the Ducks fans really think that they're playing against a Detroit Team that is firing on all Cylinders if Hossa hasn't scored yet?

I didn't think the Ducks played that bad. Hiller - maybe... but overall, I think they played pretty good. Their forward had 2 assists... Neidermeier had a goal, and Pronger went to the box... sounds like a normal Ducks game. They had some good Offensive shifts, good cycles, good looks at the net... Ozzie made some big saves and the Wings stepped up.

oh i give credit to the redwings no doubt on the pownage they gave us last night, but if you think that the way the ducks played yesterday was a normal game for the ducks, your in for a rude awakening on sunday, im not saying we are going to win, but im saying that its gonna be a real close game.

Definitely not worth a new thread, but Wilbon said today that he was glad the Wings won last night because of the way "they got hosed in game 3".

I always thought he had a nice face. :)

I disagree (with half). I think the Wings played an awesome game, their best of the series no doubt. They really stepped it up. But the Ducks last night were awful. Hiller was exhausted, so was our top line. Bobby is hurt. Our second line just plain sucks. Teemu needs to retire, he's definitely not the same and isn't worth it out there because most of the time he is a liability, not an asset. And it seemed like every player had about 25 turnovers, and on every shot the team left Hiller out to dry.

I'm not trying to take away from the Wings credit, but yes the Ducks were that bad.

Except for the Red Wings injuries on defense, there is no other parallel to 2007. Very different teams under different circumstances.

These are not the 2007 Red Wings.

Except for the Red Wings injuries on defense, there is no other parallel to 2007. Very different teams under different circumstances.

These are not the 2007 Red Wings.

Agreed. And these are definitely not the 2007 Ducks.

:D Yes, we are awesome. Anaheim fans=sad. RWNW=happy.

And to think... Some people don't think LA/OC is a good hockey town...

We love our hockey too!... We just don't root for the Ducks or the Kings.