• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Ducks 3

Rate this topic

I'm totally pumped for this game, I'm not getting my hopes down at all, knowing that that will make a loss more devastating but, I love this team.

I'm confident that they'll start early and play to their potential, knowing everything is on the line in this game.

Any info on Leino traveling with the team after this game, now that the Griffins are out of the playoffs. We do have that home game but I'm wondering if he'll either be traveling with the team or breaking into the lineup.

I'm gonna be at the game. Section 413. Skimping outta class early to make it too.

No predictions. All I'm gonna say is that it's gonna be a tight one, but I believe our boys will come prepared and hungry. Let's play Red Wings hockey!!!

Guest mindfly

If the wings can't win this one I don't know what to think anymore.. they are well rested, they have faced adversity, they were robbed by the ref last game...they are angry and they should be motivated.... they really should win this game.

Edited by mindfly

"....To whom much is given, much is expected .."

As like most of you I'm still SEETHING over that call. I haven't slept great in 2 nights now. Ugh!

I'm very, very, very interested to see which Red Wings team shows tonight. I want a decisive, statement making victory tonight, like a 4, 5-1 final.

Go Wings!!

I have a good feeling about tonight. THe past few games I've been uneasy for whatever reason, but tonight I'm feeling a huge win for the Wings. They're going to come out flying and take over this series. I also feel like there's going to be a huge play that crushes the Ducks spirits in the 2nd.

Current Streaks

Historical Franchise

Overall: 2-game losing streak (1 triple overtime)

Road: 1-game losing streak.

Season Playoffs

Overall: 2-game losing streak (1 triple overtime)

Road: 1-game losing streak.

Playoff games vs. Anaheim

Historical Franchise

Streaks: 2-game losing streak (1-triple overtime)

Road: 3-game losing streak.

Series Game 4

This is the 94th Series Game 4 played. The Club’s record in the previous 93 games:

42W-51L.

This is the 87th Game 4 in a best-of-seven series played. The Club’s record in the previous 86 games:

40W-46L.

This the 60th Game 4 in a best-of-seven series with home ice advantage played. The Club’s record in the previous 59 games:

29W-30L.

Conference Semi-Final Series Game 4

This is the 11th Conference Semi-Final Game 4 played. The Club’s record in the previous 10 games:

7W-3L.

This is the 9th Conference Semi-Final Game 2 with home ice advantage played. The Club’s record in the previous 8 games:

7W-1L.

Game 4 vs. Anaheim

This is the 5th Game 4 in a Series vs. Anaheim played. The Club’s record in the previous 4 games:

2W-2L.

Game 4 Record, with series 1-2

This is the 28th Game 4, with the series 1-2, in a best-of-seven series: the Club’s record in the previous 27 games:

12W-15L.

This is the 16th Game 4, with the series 1-2, in a best-of-seven series with home ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 15 games:

9W-6L.

This is the 4th Game 4, with the series 1-2, in a best-of-seven Conference Semi-Final Series. The Club’s record in the previous 3 games:

2W-1L.

This is the 3rd Game 4, with the series 1-2, in a best-of-seven Conference Semi-Final series with home ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 2 games:

2W-0L.

Games on this Date

This is the 6th playoff game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 5 games:

3W-2L

LGW.

Let's Go Wings! I'm so nervous for this one. I really don't want to go to bed tonight pissed off and nauseated again.

Please play the game the way we all know you can! Let's blow the Ducks out of the water! That would be quacktastic!

Go Wings!! :siren:

Edited by HanKarin40

Get the f*** out of here. Seriously.

Just because someone has a differing opinion on how they feel the game is going to be played out doesn't give anyone the right to tell them to "Get the f*** out of here." Keep those posts to yourself.

Red Wings Nation West it's time.....OUR TIME IS NOW!!!! It's time to come out and CRASH THE GOALIE - pepper him with shots, pick up those rebounds, make QUICK line changes, play the PUCK ON TO OUR TEAMS STICK!!! WIN THOSE FACEOFFS! It's time to seriously play RED WING HOCKEY HERE!!!!!

Red Wings Nation West will be there again tonight! See you at the preskate at 6:30 section 209-210. I'll be in my Winter Classic jersey (blank - it goes to sportsk.com during summer :) for customization).

Tonight in attendance will be:

Me

ThirdManIn and his GF

Vladimir98

Puckhog419 and his GF (Driving THIS MORNING from San Jose) way to go you guys!

Norcalwingnut (can't wait to meet you)

TheNephilim

FUUFNF and his GF

I can't wait!! Let's go RED WINGS!!!

It's not that the Wings don't bring any intensity from the beginning. It's just that they don't bring more intensity than Anaheim because the Ducks are full on sprinting right from the beginning, which is why they wear down a little as the game goes on.

They know that Detroit is easier to play against when they're down and have to come from behind. So they figure that they can just blitz for the 1st period or so and then they'll get by with a win. Detroit has to find a way take the first punch and yet maintain their endurance throughout the game.

My so cal "homerness" tells me Ducks 3 Wings 2.

However, I have been a hockey fan too long to think that is realisitic. The ONLY chance the Ducks have to win this game is if they take two or fewer penalties and the Wings somehow come out flat.

Wings 3

Ducks 1

I really don't see five goals being put up on Hiller as many of you have predicted.

I am breaking with long standing tradition and posting in the GDT prior to the game.

May the guys show up tonight. Damn it. May they FINALLY show up when the puck drops, rather than 35 minutes into the Game.

Because I'll tell you what.....

If I have to read ONE MORE ARTICLE, either here in SoCal, or coming out of Detroit, about how Hiller has been "the difference" or how "the Wings must find a way to beat Hiller"....

I will VOMIT!

They are throwing muffins at him out there. MUFFINS!

Lobbing 40 shots from the point, or from the goal line, right into his chest or glove, is NOT going to cut it.

This is shaping up to be yet another year where the Wings use the "hot goaltender" as an EXCUSE as to why their vaunted Offense FAILED TO SHOW UP !

It has happened before. Let it NOT happen again. Not this year. Not against this SH!T Team!

The Wings are the BETTER Team. From top to bottom. NO doubt in my mind.

If they lose this, it will be because THEY lost it. Nothing more, nothing less. It will have precious little to do with the Ducks, and certainly far less to do with Hiller.

This is the BEST TEAM in the NHL. THEY control their destiny.

The only Team THAT can beat the Wings in 4 of 7 Games....

Is the WINGS! May they remember that fact, and REFUSE to allow themselves to let it happen...

AGAIN!

Now get out there and make it happen, guys!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!