• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Phazon

Anaheim-Pittsburgh bettman's dream final?

Rate this topic

Nobody from the East is really a threat to whoever wins the West. The only dangerous team is Boston, if Thomas is hot (which he's currently not).

The Blackhawks, Ducks, Wings (well, when we have our heads in the game), and Canucks all look far better and more competitive than anyone from the East.

If the SCF is Ducks/Pens, the Ducks will slaughter the Pens, as they'd have to go through us and either Luongo--sorry, the Canucks--or the Hawks first.

Nobody from the East is really a threat to whoever wins the West. The only dangerous team is Boston, if Thomas is hot (which he's currently not).

The Blackhawks, Ducks, Wings (well, when we have our heads in the game), and Canucks all look far better and more competitive than anyone from the East.

If the SCF is Ducks/Pens, the Ducks will slaughter the Pens, as they'd have to go through us and either Luongo--sorry, the Canucks--or the Hawks first.

that's not my point. A ducks-pens final would have minimum of european players, just like bettman wants

Will everyone stop with the Bettman/NHL/Ref/Conspiracy thing? Root for the Wings... cheer when they win, critique their effort when they lose. The NHL/Bettman/Refs are not against the Wings, nor are they rigging games so that Pittsburgh gets to the finals. The teams play the same game, same amount of players, on the same dimensions of ice, and thats it. I am sick and tired of all the crap that is being said about the NHL playing a part in who wins the games. LET IT GO!

Will everyone stop with the Bettman/NHL/Ref/Conspiracy thing? Root for the Wings... cheer when they win, critique their effort when they lose. The NHL/Bettman/Refs are not against the Wings, nor are they rigging games so that Pittsburgh gets to the finals. The teams play the same game, same amount of players, on the same dimensions of ice, and thats it. I am sick and tired of all the crap that is being said about the NHL playing a part in who wins the games. LET IT GO!

And MLB are not reading our thoughts....

Edited by Duck Guy

I agree with Anaheim - Pittsburg. The face of NHL with Stanley Cup under his belt is a dream for NHL adverstisment campaign. And, in this series Ahaneim can be easily controlled by calling all those penalties that usually go unnoticed. Any other team from the west can win in spite of bed officiating as it already happened last year.

My money is on Washington/Pittsburg - Anaheim. No way we will go through Anaheim.

Saw caps-pens game tonight, and pens had 7 pp's to caps 2. You know bettman wants a ducks-pens final.

What is he the Borg queen? It's a bit of a stretch to imagine he controls the calls refs make...

I agree. :thumbup:

One final note, though... the NHL does effect the outcome of games- by continuing to accept inconsistent reffing and inconsistent suspensions.

For example- Kunitz should never have been allowed to get away with the slash on Varlamofmfhfnffokk, and Corry Perry's elbow to that Shark was absolutely inexcusable- Larraque said it was much worse than the elbow of destruction in the Rangers series when he was on Off The Record. I'm still shocked that Perry wasn't suspended for such a blatant attempt to injure via a shot to the head

I didn't see the Pens-Caps game so I can't comment on that directly, but tangentially: I hate it when people use power play disparities as an example of the league's favoritism. You earn your power plays, so if on team has a lot of PPs and wins and the other team only has a few and loses, it stands to reason that the former was outplaying the later.

With that said, obvious exceptions exist. Tuesday's game being a prime example...

Guest micah
that's not my point. A ducks-pens final would have minimum of european players, just like bettman wants

Quit your crying. If Bettman wanted sissy Euros out of the league he would campaign for dropping the Instigator penalty and allowing more obstruction. If anything, Bettman's time as Commish has been great for European players and the teams they play on (and no, I am not implying nor do I believe that there is a "pro-Euro Bettman conspiracy either).

it's hilarious how everyone thinks Bettman is out to get their team... the Red Wings style is like Bettman's wet dream

Flyers fans think Bettman's out to get them because they hit and fight with North Americans, as has been their style for 35 years.

Wings fans think Bettman's out to get them because they do the exact opposite with Euros, as has been our style for 15 years.

I'm not saying "don't criticize Bettman," I'm just saying that if you do, at least get your stories straight.

Wow... you're paranoid. Have you resorted to taking the guts out of your television and covering your windows in tin foil to keep 'big brother' from watching your every move yet?

Guest E_S_A_D
it's hilarious how everyone thinks Bettman is out to get their team... the Red Wings style is like Bettman's wet dream

You are letting emotion interfere with sound judgement Skacore.

Yes, Bettman would prefer high revenue figure skating. However, he knows that the tv share/ ratings/ advertising dollars would be much greater with Wings out of it. He is businessman first, panzy second.

Also, keep in mind, the Pittsburgh series 2nd round right now, is 60% higher viewership than Wings/ Avs last year.

Guest E_S_A_D
Wow... you're paranoid. Have you resorted to taking the guts out of your television and covering your windows in tin foil to keep 'big brother' from watching your every move yet?

Not accurate. Fazon has a very valid point. The NHL is a struggling business model and Bettman is the CEO. The business needs to excel; Bettman, the league bigwigs would love nothing more than the Wings to diminish quietly in the second round.

Higher viewership + higher advertising dollars= win for NHL

Yes, Bettman would prefer high revenue figure skating. However, he knows that the tv share/ ratings/ advertising dollars would be much greater with Wings out of it. He is businessman first, panzy second.

Epic, epic fail right here.

This decade, the highest rated pre-lockout Cup finals was in 2002 and the highest rated post-lockout Cup finals were 2008. The only US team that might be better than the Red Wings in terms of tv share/ratings/advertising dollars would be the Rangers. If Bettman really is a puppet master and pulling the strings so that the NHL has a Cup finals that makes the most money, the Ducks would not be in it.

Please explain how having the team having with the largest fanbase in the US eliminated from the playoffs is good for higher viewership and advertising dollars.

Saw caps-pens game tonight, and pens had 7 pp's to caps 2. You know bettman wants a ducks-pens final.

Well gosh, maybe that will make up for the oh, 10 or 12 non-calls the Capitals got away with the first couple games. Not to mention Ovechkin's Academy-Award dive.

But hey, nobody says anything about Ovechkin 'cuz he's got that, you know, passion for the game thing going on.

Guest E_S_A_D
Epic, epic fail right here.

Quick question, what is it with kids these days and the 'epic fail' terminology? I'm serious, sounds like 5th graders taking over...