• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
marcaractac

Possible Rafalski update?

Rate this topic

From TSN:

Defenceman Brian Rafalski (upper body) rode the bicycle yesterday, but didn't skate and won't play again tonight in Game 4. Centre Kris Draper (upper body) also will sit out tonight. - Detroit News

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11009

If Rafalski has an upper body injury, and isn't even skating, it must be a concussion, or something along those lines. If it was anything else, he would at least be able to skate, wouldn't he?

Edited by marcaractac

But they said it didn't happen during the CBJ series....... so did he get hit in the head during free time ? :P

Yup, bettman hired a gang of thugs to whop him in the head nancy kerrigan style.

I don't think he's playing in this series

Yeah you're prob right...dunno whats up with drapes though...at first babs was "certain" he'd be back for game 1 of this series, then game 2 was certain....now its "unclear"

Keep in mind, in the playoffs the term "upper body injury" = "body injury".

The most likely scenario is that it's his groin. It probably tightened up on the days off after the Columbus series and he proabably aggrevated it badly when he went back on the ice for his first practice.

Hence the bicycle, but no skating.

But who knows.......

Redmond did mention in the CBJ series that columbus was focusing on dumping the puck in Rafalski's corner rather than "the perfect human being's" corner. In game 4 Rafalski was taking some good punishment retrieving the puck in our end.

Keep in mind, in the playoffs the term "upper body injury" = "body injury".

The most likely scenario is that it's his groin. It probably tightened up on the days off after the Columbus series and he proabably aggrevated it badly when he went back on the ice for his first practice.

Hence the bicycle, but no skating.

But who knows.......

I'm counting both these guys OUT the rest of the way. Who cares. If those guys can't nut up in the playoffs, then sionara. Just wish it was Holmstrom or Maltby that had nagging injuries instead of Rafalski and Draper. Why can't the Wings ever have a scrub get a playoff injury? "Kopecky is listed as day to day." "Chelios is listed as day to day." It's annoying.

I'm counting both these guys OUT the rest of the way. Who cares. If those guys can't nut up in the playoffs, then sionara. Just wish it was Holmstrom or Maltby that had nagging injuries instead of Rafalski and Draper. Why can't the Wings ever have a scrub get a playoff injury? "Kopecky is listed as day to day." "Chelios is listed as day to day." It's annoying.

Why can't you have a playoff injury and not beable to post things on the internet.

You wish Holmstrom had an injury are you kidding me? Holmstrom is pretty much our go to guy at this point. Tonight its going to be up to him to make sure we get pucks by Hiller. Man if you don't know anything don't try to act like you do.

Id rather have Holmstrom in than Rafalski right now.

I'm counting both these guys OUT the rest of the way. Who cares. If those guys can't nut up in the playoffs, then sionara. Just wish it was Holmstrom or Maltby that had nagging injuries instead of Rafalski and Draper. Why can't the Wings ever have a scrub get a playoff injury? "Kopecky is listed as day to day."

See:

Last year's playoffs.........

yeah that scrub Homer needs to sit. :blink::unsure:

Why can't you have a playoff injury and not beable to post things on the internet.

You wish Holmstrom had an injury are you kidding me? Holmstrom is pretty much our go to guy at this point. Tonight its going to be up to him to make sure we get pucks by Hiller. Man if you don't know anything don't try to act like you do.

Id rather have Holmstrom in than Rafalski right now.

I know that Homer is clutch in the playoffs because he gets in the trenches, but the wings probably would have won game 3 if rafalski had been in. Rafalski out means Chelios is in, and no one else on the team would have gotten burned as bad as he did for that Selanne breakaway.