• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HoweHatTrick

Kenny on The Hour with Bettman

Rate this topic

I've talked with a bunch of my friends today (one is a Habs fan, another a Hawks fan, another a Leafs fan), and they all brought up the call before I could. I asked, "hey, you see the Wings game last night?" and the immediate response was, "OMG THAT CALL WAS F*CKING BULLSH*T!"

I didn't even really say anything; I could only reply, "yeah, pretty much man."

Wilbon from PTI said it the best, I think: "This is the foulest of the foul. I mean, you can compile a list of the 10 greatest hose jobs you've ever seen and this makes the top half."

That there's this much uproar over one call that should have gone to instant replay should send a message to Bettman; unfortunately, he seems to be going with the 4 year-old mentality of, "LA LA LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

I've talked with a bunch of my friends today (one is a Habs fan, another a Hawks fan, another a Leafs fan), and they all brought up the call before I could. I asked, "hey, you see the Wings game last night?" and the immediate response was, "OMG THAT CALL WAS F*CKING BULLSH*T!"

Wilbon from PTI said it the best, I think: "This is the foulest of the foul. I mean, you can compile a list of the 10 greatest hose jobs you've ever seen and this makes the top half."

That there's this much uproar over one call that should have gone to instant replay should send a message to Bettman; unfortunately, he seems to be going with the 4 year-old mentality of, "LA LA LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

You think he's that mature?

My whole thing on the intent to blow the whistle rule:

In methods of coaching class, they taught us in certain situations to already have the whistle in our mouths ready to blow it. Why dont the Refs do the same? I mean, the Wings had a goalie pulled, possesion, and driving the net. If the whistle is already in the refs mouth before that, there would be no "intent" gray area, thus freeing up video review and making everyones life happier.

Just a suggestion.

...unfortunately, he seems to be going with the 4 year-old mentality of, "LA LA LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

That is a gross insult to four year olds everywhere.

I would put his age at two. Throws tantrums for no reason, is teething, likes shiny things like money and Crosby's helmet, and is just starting to get the basic vocabulary to get his point across.

:lol:

EXACTLY. That guy is such a retard. I have no idea why he still has a job.

because there are too many new owners, too many investors, not enough hockey people in the game anymore.

how do I know this, because Kenny Holland, master Gm, said as much once. And he's right.

the Board of Governors,aka, the owners of the NHL franchises, are to blame as well. I hate Bettman as much as anybody but it's the BoGs that employ the Napoleonic One. They are both at fault.

Hossa7.4 out

It was the worst call of the year, hands down. I admit, I'm rooting for Anaheim to pull an upset mostly because I dig some of their players, but that call was flat wrong. Game should have gone to overtime, and it would have been a better game anyway. Wings had control toward the end...thought it was great hockey up until that point.

So did anyone catch any of this interview? I haven't checked it out...wouldn't stream for me when I went to listen live. I'd love to hear the gist of it. (Sorry if someone already mentioned it and I missed it.)

That is a gross insult to four year olds everywhere.

I would put his age at two. Throws tantrums for no reason, is teething, likes shiny things like money and Crosby's helmet, and is just starting to get the basic vocabulary to get his point across.

:lol:

Sorry, I was trying to give him some credit. :lol:

Guest MrSandMan

That one bad call could be a series changer. Even *if* Ducks find a way to pull this series out of their ass, I still won't give them credit to beating us. It's cheap and disgraceful that NHL decides such tight games/series.

I think the "intent to blow the whistle" really is a joke. If they'd just wake up, they could make it black and white and say, okay, let's review the goal and see if the audible sound of the whistle is heard before the puck crosses the line. Case closed... That way the ref is still part of the decision making process and game 3's goal actually counts even though it was a mistake to blow the whistle that early. They review every goal no matter what now anyway, so it's not going to make games four hours long.

Exactly my thoughts

Edited by Statts