• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

Hi James Wisniewski...

Rate this topic

Of course Holmstrom didn't intend to elbow an injured dude!

But throw an elbow in general? Oh yes.

i agree, but i think that's the point. the big deal about that elbow is that wisniewsi was already hurt, and it's being made into something it's not for motivational purposes.

it was an elbow. in playoff hockey. think i saw one of them before.

i agree, but i think that's the point. the big deal about that elbow is that wisniewsi was already hurt, and it's being made into something it's not for motivational purposes.

I think you make the best point I've read so far. The main thing some of my mates and I noted was that the resulting play should have been four-on-four though, not a Detroit power-play.

Like that was the worst call of the night though. (The other one...a friggin' joke.)

I agree. Homer didn't know he was already injured so some people are making more of the elbow than what it really was; a pretty nasty elbow, whether intentional or not.

The stars aligned against Wishnieski last night, and that happens, but when you think about a guy already hacking up blood and then taking an elbow to the face then perhaps we can understand why he said what he did.

Besides, I've seen no one here give him credit for trying to stay in the play and not immediately falling to the ice. He gave it his best and kept trying, and that alone is admirable.

It may be an attempt to get the Wings pissed off and frustrated so they do stupid stuff during the game. Hopefully the tactic doesn't pay off.

you know, I really hope this is just Wisnewski trying to play mental games as well. If not, hockey players sure have become a bunch of babies lately.

it's not bad enough we've got last years Finals opposing coach whining constantly to the media about obstruction when coaches have an orderly and legal way to bring concerns about the officiating to an NHL rep but we've had opposing coaches start the whining before the series even starts.

the idiocy of the heavily-penalised ducks players calling the Red Wings dirty is dare I say "Rovian".

Lately I feel like I'm not watching and listening to a hockey series but rather cable news with "pundits" firing verbal jabs for political gain.

Can't the players just play, the coaches just coach?

in other leagues if the coaches critisise the reffing they are fined or suspended. Why does the NHL allow this to go on? Is it because they if gives the league more exposure?

maybe there just more media, more blogs, more portals to use an NHL website term if you like. maybe there's just more attention in the wireless age.

"Well how would you like being elbowed in the face." -Duck Guy

Wow, really? These guys are playing hockey for a living, they have had their fair share of elbows to the face, trust me. Homer's average elbow to the face that did no damage whatsoever is not "gutless". He did elbow on purpose but he had no way of knowing Wisniewski was hunched over. He meant to elbow in the body as he was turning away from Niedermeyer but it didnt work out that way. Maybe they should have called an elbowing penalty on Holmstrom but nothing more and it's definately not worth anyone complaining about it.

p.s. if Wisniewski hadn't have been cross-checking Homer he would never had gotten the puck in the ribs.

Besides, I've seen no one here give him credit for trying to stay in the play and not immediately falling to the ice. He gave it his best and kept trying, and that alone is admirable.

thats what i was thinking after i finally saw the play. i also wouldn't of held it against him if he just stayed down.

thats what i was thinking after i finally saw the play. i also wouldn't of held it against him if he just stayed down.

That's how I was taught to play by my uncle, (former Blackhawk and Blues). Never show you are hurt, and never ever give up.

Hopefully just one of many more questionable hits to be doled out by the Red Wings.

Wow.

At least Anaheim fans are just clueless and have no idea their team is dirty. You don't mind players getting hurt. That sucks.

Meanwhile, if it could possibly be called intentional (and I don't think it can) it would be one payback for Homer for...uh...how many times penalties weren't called in his favor?

Niedermeyer HOOKED him and he reacted. What the hell would any red-blooded/red-shirted goalie-frustrator do? And unless anyone here can prove that Homer knew he was back there (and what the hell was he doing there anyway in his condition?), the whole thing is moot. But it pisses me off that Wisniewski went out of his way to play uber-victim in a situation where he was already seriously injured and NOT from Homer's elbow.

Except for the fact that he is obviously going to be OK which is nuthin' but good news.

Wow.

At least Anaheim fans are just clueless and have no idea their team is dirty. You don't mind players getting hurt. That sucks.

The hit didn't hurt him ****** the puck did. The elbow was a basic elbow that stuff happens all of the time, especially in front of the net

nvm lol iam done with this thread...

ducks are just saying how they think it went down and wings are saying how they think it went down nuff said.

elbow to the face was not on purpose saying how I think it went down

now iam done... O.o

Edited by Duck Guy

The hit didn't hurt him ****** the puck did. The elbow was a basic elbow that stuff happens all of the time, especially in front of the net

I swear to fuggin Christ, how many people in Detroit can READ?

I said nothing about the elbow hurting him. I said that particular poster's ATTITUDE about WANTING more "questionable hits" is pretty s***ty.

It's a sport, but the dudes that play it are rad. That some fans wish injury upon them is far more douchbaggery than your lack of comprehension skills.

I said nothing about the elbow hurting him. I said that particular poster's ATTITUDE about WANTING more "questionable hits" is pretty s***ty.

It's a sport, but the dudes that play it are rad. That some fans wish injury upon them is far more douchbaggery than your lack of comprehension skills.

Get out of here then and go back to your team's message board. You referred to players getting injured from questionable hits, this entire thread is about Holmstrom's elbow, which has been deemed a questionable hit.

Come on Detroit, you fans are usually far less blind than Anaheim. A human being got hit with a speeding puck at the chest, between the padding. Then he got elbowed -- hey, it had to hurt.

Now HERE's where some manning-up was called for.

Excuse me, on who's part? At that point in the uh...action, if Franzen tries to get up with Getzlaf literally standing over him what do you think would have happened? Know much about physics? Or for that matter, Getzlaf's cheapshots? Or maybe Franzen should really have tried to get up at that point so Mr. Hotshot-after-the-whistle can hit him again while he's off balance? And the refs? What do you think they would have done? Better yet, tell us all about what you would have done.

Get f'ck'n real.

Edited by Vladifan

Nice. The posters here are from all over North America and around the world. But now you're gonna make a generalization and insult people in Detroit because of what they say.

Get out of here then and go back to your team's message board. You referred to players getting injured from questionable hits, this entire thread is about Holmstrom's elbow, which has been deemed a questionable hit.

No, actually, I didn't say s*** about Holmstrom's elbow being a questionable hit. He hit someone with an elbow -- pretty clear cut.

He also had NOTHING to do with Wisniewski's injury -- pretty clear there as well.

I commented on one fan's desire to see more "questionable hits," I just think that's a s***ty attitude.

It's like, hey, we have a disagreement, so I hope you get in a car wreck and die. That's kind of a s***ty attitude too. It's a message board about hockey -- we're here to chat about it. You aren't gonna agree with me, and I'm still gonna think you can't read.

We'll get over it.

Nice. The posters here are from all over North America and around the world. But now you're gonna make a generalization and insult people in Detroit because of what they say.

Nah, you're right. My apologies to Detroit natives.

Plus the Joe is still a fun place to catch a game. Anyway, games are coming on, so hopefully I'll catch you folks around.

do a youtube search of "pronger elbow" and compare it to a search of "holmstrom elbow". i know this doesn't prove anything, but geeeeez.

Well you gotta know, with Pronger and Brown on Hudler, it's genetics. For Holmstrom, well, gutless...

How Gutty is this Pronger? Talk about GUTLESS!

Hey Wizzer, what would you call that, Good Ol' Hockey? Bravery? Rough PLay? or gutless?

sidenote: Look at this embelishment

Really, we are much better off if we don't feed the trolls.

Also, there is only one person that knows if the elbow was thrown intentionally.

Well you gotta know, with Pronger and Brown on Hudler, it's genetics. For Holmstrom, well, gutless...

Pronger is dirty. Not to many people deny that even Anaheim fans like me. That brown hit was 100% clean elbow tucked in and not even 1 second after puck release. Holstrom is also a dirty player. Holstrom got away with a ton in game three. Multiple slashes to Niedermeyer, elbow on Wiz, cross checked hiller in the face mask. EVERY team in the league has dirty players. end story

Very remisnecient of Colorado in the 90's calling us out all the time, even though the Avs iniated half the s*** themselves. The comment about Pronger is a joke as well, go eff yourself Wisniewski, hope you come back and take another one right in the teeth.