• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

Hi James Wisniewski...

Rate this topic

I always thought he was a hard hitting, tough player, but to call Holmstrom gutless is a joke, especially for a guy who has been known to "bend the rules" a bit with his playing style... I'll still always like him a little for what he did to Tootoo, but these comments are an f'ing joke

I'm still wondering why he needed to get stretchered off. I've watched someone play football with a punctured lung. He couldn't at least skate off with help? Stretchers are not very rock 'n roll.

I'm still wondering why he needed to get stretchered off. I've watched someone play football with a punctured lung. He couldn't at least skate off with help? Stretchers are not very rock 'n roll.

I suspect that the medical staff decided that they were not sure what the problem was and to ensure that moving him did not make it worse they brought out the stretcher. It does seem overkill in retrospect but at the time they were likely just operating in the best interests of the player with an unknown injury in the neck (or what turned out to be the upper lungs).

He also followed it up with a backhanded insult to the media and Pronger, so I think it was more than a bit of blowing off some steam than anything else. I don't know, I'm not as emotionally invested in this series as you all of course, but I took it as him making it clear that Anaheim caught the elbow upon replay. Should make it interesting tonight.

And he was right too: had it been Pronger giving an unintentional elbow, everyone here and everywhere (including me) would have said it was the dirtiest play on the ice that night.

Ha. A Ducks player calling someone gutless is like a politician calling someone a liar, it just doesn't go together.

Biased as I may be, it looked like Homer was knocked off balance and flailed, thus hitting Wisniewski in the face with his elbow. Probably could have been called a penalty but it wasn't. One thing it wasn't though was intentional. I think Wisniewski was a little out of line.

Biased as I may be, it looked like Homer was knocked off balance and flailed, thus hitting Wisniewski in the face with his elbow. Probably could have been called a penalty but it wasn't. One thing it wasn't though was intentional. I think Wisniewski was a little out of line.

the weirdest part of it all, is that the elbow to the face didn't hurt his lung, the shot did, so I don't even know why he's crying... he's not out from the elbow to the face...

i'm so sick of the word "gutless" in hockey. it is way overused. here are some alternatives:

cowardly

lily-livered

spineless

chicken-hearted

yellow

yellow-bellied

prongeresque

wimpish

pusillanimous

contemptible

ignominious

I suspect that the medical staff decided that they were not sure what the problem was and to ensure that moving him did not make it worse they brought out the stretcher. It does seem overkill in retrospect but at the time they were likely just operating in the best interests of the player with an unknown injury in the neck (or what turned out to be the upper lungs).

The med staff only came out because he looked like a soccer player out there. Man up, guy.

Wait, wait, I call bullocks on this one. Holmstrom CLEARLY threw his elbow out. Yeah, he was off-balance by Niedermayer hooking him. But he also threw an elbow pretty clearly too.

I'd more venture to say he didn't intend to elbow an injured man in the face. Of course not, that'd be terrible.

But he just "happened" to throw an elbow at someone's face...purely coincidentally? Bah, right. Homer threw an elbow, but I don't think he intended it for Wisniewski's face.

(Too many vowels in these Ducks names.)

the weirdest part of it all, is that the elbow to the face didn't hurt his lung, the shot did, so I don't even know why he's crying... he's not out from the elbow to the face...

He had just received a potentially serious injury, and he was obviously hurting, and probably a little frightened because of the fact he was tasting blood after getting hit in the chest. Then as he's wondering what the hell is going on he gets an elbow to the face.

Come on guys think about this a little.

Well how would you like being elbowed in the face.

The Ducks tactics are hypocritical and pathetic. This wasn't an elbow being thrown with intent to injure, this is a guy hunched over behind someones elbow getting hit with that persons elbow. From what I heard from Holmstrom, he didn't even know Wisniewski was there, and may not have even knew he elbowed him at all. Everytime I hear Carlyle or their players talk, its more bitching and moaning, but when they get a call here or get away with a questionable hit there, then its "good clean physical hockey". I miss playing someone like Hitchcock who keeps the focus more on the play of his team versus the other team.

Wait, wait, I call bullocks on this one. Holmstrom CLEARLY threw his elbow out. Yeah, he was off-balance by Niedermayer hooking him. But he also threw an elbow pretty clearly too.

I'd more venture to say he didn't intend to elbow an injured man in the face. Of course not, that'd be terrible.

But he just "happened" to throw an elbow at someone's face...purely coincidentally? Bah, right. Homer threw an elbow, but I don't think he intended it for Wisniewski's face.

(Too many vowels in these Ducks names.)

Ever been knocked off balance? Ever tried to walk on a balance beam? You use your arms to stabilize yourself. Homer was surrounded, he tried to stay balanced and threw his arms out.

The med staff only came out because he looked like a soccer player out there. Man up, guy.

Come on Detroit, you fans are usually far less blind than Anaheim. A human being got hit with a speeding puck at the chest, between the padding. Then he got elbowed -- hey, it had to hurt.

Now HERE's where some manning-up was called for.

yes.. what a pu$$y having to be taking away in a streather after his lungs where bruised and was coughing up blood and taking a elbow to the face... seriously?