• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SouthernWingsFan

This or That

Rate this topic

While it is nice to be pampered, I am more comfortable making someone I love happy.

Regular spare or donut? Or, now that I think of it, Fix-a-Flat?

Edited by 55fan

Oh, goodness, it all started back in the '60's when I was born in Nebraska. We moved to Illinois when I was only a couple of months old, and then a year later we moved to Saskatchewan, which I still have trouble spelling right the first time (thanks, Matt, for reinstating the spellcheck thing- I never realized how much I rely on it until it's gone!) and so, being a good little Canadian girl, I fell in love with hockey. Dad loves all sports, and since he was from Detroit, he rooted for all of the Detroit teams, including the Red Wings. I wanted to play hockey so bad, but since I was a girl they wouldn't let me, so I ended up figure skating. Then we moved to South Dakota and I kind of got out of hockey since it wasn't televised much and everyone around me was into football. It's really hard to follow a sport when they rarely talk about it on the news and you don't get any magazines, and it isn't reported in your small-town paper. We moved to North Dakota, but it was more of the same- no hockey. Dad got his hockey news from a fellow Detroit ex-pat living in ND. With the advent of the internet, I was able to get more news. My parents were living only two hours away and had Center Ice, so I would watch games with them. I got re-acquainted with the Red Wings, and thanks to the internet, found a nice community of Red Wings fans. I enjoy the water cooler and the games we play here, which is why I'm reading the "this or that" question. I'd have to say that I am not a short and to the point person since I'm 5'10" and not very pointy. Therefore, I'll say long drawn-out answer.

Pizza- delivered, frozen, or home-made?

Forgive, but it usually takes me a while. In the long run, it's so much better for one's mental health to forgive. Forgetting is another matter. I don't forget since there are lessons to be learned, but I do try to forgive and move on wiser.

Talk about what's on your mind or keep it to yourself?

People who know me through Twitter probably think I'm less innocent than I am, but most people who know me through this board, Facebook, or in real life probably have approximately the right estimate of my innocence level. Except for my stepdad and my uncle, to whom I will forever be 10 years old. :)

Dragon or dinosaur?