• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
grimace1970

Well, the series has now been decided

Rate this topic

Wait, I'm confused.

In another thread, some of the Red Wing fans are saying that the NHL doesn't want the Red Wings to win because Bettman wants to spread the Cup around and doesn't want the Red Wings to win it two years in a row. There are some other conspiracy theories as well as to why the NHL doesn't want the Red Wings to win.

Now in this thread, you fans are so excited because a Ducks player touched an octopus which will virtually guarantee victory in this series for the Red Wings.

Wow, I really feel sorry for Hossa, Lidstrom, et al, who are playing their butts off each night because obviously no one has told them that they absolutely have no control over the outcome of any of this. The outcome has already been decided and almost anyone could be put in their skates and it wouldn't make a bit of difference either way. Good thing they get lots of money for being the lucky fools chosen to be meaningless pawns.

And you all think Ducks fans don't know anything about hockey...

Slow down there, Ma. If anybody in this thread really believes that the Wings can sleep through the next two or three games and win just because Pronger touched the octopus, they are dumber than I expected. Simple superstition mixed with typical playoff trash-talk.

If you got that wound up by a thread like this, maybe Ducks fans actually don't know much about playoff hockey.

What's so hard about it? Touching the Octopus overrides by an 8 to 1 Superstition Factor all of the anti-Red Wings happenings. So 1) Hiller is playing in illegal equipment, 2) The Refs don't want us to win, 3) Bettman hates us and doesn't want us to win. All of that going against us, you think we had a chance to beat the Ducks? Hell no. But then Pronger gave us what we needed by touching the Octopus. It's almost impossible to overcome that 8-3 advantage now for the Ducks. Wings should have no problem wrapping this up now unless a Duck fan puts 4 duck eggs in hot water to hard boil them, and then sticks them up his butt and flaps his arms while saying "quack attack come back, octo-curse reverse". If they did that, it would be a series again. But as of now, this is in the bag.

What's so hard about it? Touching the Octopus overrides by an 8 to 1 Superstition Factor all of the anti-Red Wings happenings. So 1) Hiller is playing in illegal equipment, 2) The Refs don't want us to win, 3) Bettman hates us and doesn't want us to win. All of that going against us, you think we had a chance to beat the Ducks? Hell no. But then Pronger gave us what we needed by touching the Octopus. It's almost impossible to overcome that 8-3 advantage now for the Ducks. Wings should have no problem wrapping this up now unless a Duck fan puts 4 duck eggs in hot water to hard boil them, and then sticks them up his butt and flaps his arms while saying "quack attack come back, octo-curse reverse". If they did that, it would be a series again. But as of now, this is in the bag.

Shhh! There are Duck fans here. Don't tell them how to reverse the curse!

:thumbup:

You know something, I want to see that. I want to see a Ducks fan stick 4 hard-boiled eggs up his butt, poop them out on the ice and then say "quack attack come back, octo-curse reverse."

I would actually not give a damn about the rest of the series if that happened.

You know something, I want to see that. I want to see a Ducks fan stick 4 hard-boiled eggs up his butt, poop them out on the ice and then say "quack attack come back, octo-curse reverse."

I want to see a fan do that and detroit win the series anyways.

Guest Shoreline
I want to see a fan do that and detroit win the series anyways.

No kidding. Is that too much to ask for?! :lol:

everyone says "oh it's just a dumb superstition". At least it's a big enough deal that VS. replays the video of Pronger touching it. Does it guarantee the Red Wings will win, no but it helps. anyone have video of this magnificent event.

anyone have video of this magnificent event.

I'd like to see it myself. I was listening to it on the radio because I was studying for finals, and well lets face it if I had the TV on I wouldn't have studied much. Hell here I am at 5:30am pulling an all nighter before I take the damn thing in 3 hours!

Anyways, anybody have a pic or video?

I was just going to say that too. Seriously, if that video shows up on YouTube between now and the end of the series, I will absolutely not care if we lose. And if the Ducks fan sticks raw eggs up his ass instead of hard-boiled ones, I will root for the Ducks to win the Cup.

I was just going to say that too. Seriously, if that video shows up on YouTube between now and the end of the series, I will absolutely not care if we lose. And if the Ducks fan sticks raw eggs up his ass instead of hard-boiled ones, I will root for the Ducks to win the Cup.

Be careful what you wish for. I wouldn't put it past some people to do that. In fact, there are some who might enoy it.

If the Ducks go to the SCF, your penance is to wear a t-shirt of the screen shot of the guy sticking the eggs up his butt with the caption "Go Analheim!"

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

:hysterical:

Be careful what you wish for. I wouldn't put it past some people to do that. In fact, there are some who might enoy it.

If the Ducks go to the SCF, your penance is to wear a t-shirt of the screen shot of the guy sticking the eggs up his butt with the caption "Go Analheim!"

I would not only do that as penance, I'd post pics.

Wow, I really feel sorry for Hossa, Lidstrom, et al, who are playing their butts off each night because obviously no one has told them that they absolutely have no control over the outcome of any of this. The outcome has already been decided and almost anyone could be put in their skates and it wouldn't make a bit of difference either way. Good thing they get lots of money for being the lucky fools chosen to be meaningless pawns.

Jeez Grandma! Why don't you go back and knit something. Nick Lidstrom refused to touch the President's trophy last year. Every goalie is a complete schiz case with their before and in a lot of cases during game compulsive behavior - you may remember Patty Roy. Of course we all know that superstition is what it is, but its part of the game whether you like it or not . Stop killing the buzz.

:pokey:

Not only did he touch it, he basically took a slapper and ripped the thing at the boards. The second he did that, I was ohhhh s*** good night young lady pronger. Then I had to explain to my fiance why you don't eff with the octopus.

Wait, I'm confused.

In another thread, some of the Red Wing fans are saying that the NHL doesn't want the Red Wings to win because Bettman wants to spread the Cup around and doesn't want the Red Wings to win it two years in a row. There are some other conspiracy theories as well as to why the NHL doesn't want the Red Wings to win.

Now in this thread, you fans are so excited because a Ducks player touched an octopus which will virtually guarantee victory in this series for the Red Wings.

No Lidstrom and Hossa and all the others know of this too. That's why they'll be resting for the remainer of the series. Expect to see Leino Abdelkader, Kindl, etc. playing the rest of the series to get them some experience.

Pronger is the one that must do this NOT a Ducks fan it won't work unless he does it LOL!!!

See, that's already the name of the team so it's not that funny.