• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drfnr14

FINALLY! LINE CHANGES!

Rate this topic

Extremely worthy of note: Samuelsson was yanked completely from the PP after one shift. The Wings rolled Lidstrom-Ericsson, Kronwall-Stuart.

Additionally, the success of Mule-Flip-Hoss made them the second PP unit, which along with the reunited ZDH as unit one, made Hudler the odd man out; he had just one power play shift.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

I've been calling for the Equine Line (Hoss-Filly-Mule) since someone coined the term. Just sorry I don't remember who it was so I can give them credit, but I tip my hat to them. Obviously they not only have a cool name, but they produce.

That line has been out there before and produced fairly well.

My theory is that Babs has been mixing the lines up all season and making mental notes, but not sticking with one lineup for long periods of time so that he can do these mixups mid-game. The guys will have had some time to become familiar with the different combinations, so no worried about chemistry, but other teams will not have enough time to break down video of every single unit he has put out there and learn to defend against every combination.

He has more than enough talent to mix and match. He can pick out what's not working at the moment and replace it at will.

Sometimes you get a spark, sometimes you get a blowtorch. Tonight they got a flamethrower.

I may have been 5 pints in but those line combos gave me an erection.

:blink:

Anyways, I see alot of you speaking of the magic between Flip,Hoss,Mule did anyone notice how Zetta and Dats seemed relieved to be back together?

The Big Red Machine has been tuned up. Ducks left the rink with thier heads hanging.

i would personally like to pat babs on the back for change the lines up!!!!!! see.... look what happens

I know, right! It should of happened last game. I kept wondering what was taking him so long to do so.

I know, right! It should of happened last game. I kept wondering what was taking him so long to do so.

I wonder if Draper's absence played a role in his reluctance to change the lines. They're down one center and then to take another one and put him at a wing may have concerned Babcock. I don't know, it's just a theory.

I missed the game, anyone care to list the updated lines?

zetterberg, datsyuk, holmstrom

hossa, franzen, filp

sorry thats all i can remember for right now haha i stayed up to late and got up to early to think to much haha but the lines got changed for the good

You guys are all saying that these are the line changes you have been waiting for. But no one ever said these line changes.

Everyone wanted Zetts, Homer, Dats. Me, I wanted Zetts, Dats, Mule. Actual line was Dats, Cleary, Zetts.

Wait, what? Homer played with Z and D all night. Classic ZDH. Cleary played with Helm and Hudler.

I missed the game, anyone care to list the updated lines?

ZDH

Hossa-Flip-Franzen

Cleary-Helm-Rex

Sammy-Kopecky-Maltby

I've been calling for the Equine Line (Hoss-Filly-Mule) since someone coined the term. Just sorry I don't remember who it was so I can give them credit, but I tip my hat to them. Obviously they not only have a cool name, but they produce.

That line has been out there before and produced fairly well.

My theory is that Babs has been mixing the lines up all season and making mental notes, but not sticking with one lineup for long periods of time so that he can do these mixups mid-game. The guys will have had some time to become familiar with the different combinations, so no worried about chemistry, but other teams will not have enough time to break down video of every single unit he has put out there and learn to defend against every combination.

He has more than enough talent to mix and match. He can pick out what's not working at the moment and replace it at will.

Sometimes you get a spark, sometimes you get a blowtorch. Tonight they got a flamethrower.

Babs has been Bowmanized.

great to see ZDH back together. I expect to see lots of scoring real soon from that line. Also, I've been one of many to criticize Fil this year but he looked like a different player playing with Hossa last night. I don't know if he feels the need to elevate his game since he is playing with Hossa or what, but keep it up son!

I wonder if Draper's absence played a role in his reluctance to change the lines. They're down one center and then to take another one and put him at a wing may have concerned Babcock. I don't know, it's just a theory.

Yup, the announcers actually mentioned this during the game ... they said Babs thought Z and D didn't play particularly well together earlier in the year, and that coupled with Draper's absence made him reluctant to put them together.

You guys are all saying that these are the line changes you have been waiting for. But no one ever said these line changes.

Everyone wanted Zetts, Homer, Dats. Me, I wanted Zetts, Dats, Mule. Actual line was Dats, Cleary, Zetts.

No one ever thought of Hossa, Mule, and Filppula.

:blink:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1627613

No one ever thought of Hossa, Mule, and Filppula. If you would have told me that was the change he was going to make, I woulda said this series is over; Anaheim in 6.

Holy cow, did that line rock. 4 goals together, and just barely failed to convert on 2 more golden opertunities. Who would of thought.

The weirdest thing from tonight is the fact that Osgood let in a goal in the 1st minute, and it was Hiller that was pulled by the end of the night.

Ozzie also had 3 nice steals. He was the difference maker tonight, and belies his less than .900 sv% for the night.

I really feel that with any other goalie the Wings would not even be in this series. Another thankless allstar performance for him.

I think alot of people were calling for Hossa, Mule, and Flippula to be put together while reuinting Datsyuk and Zetterberg. If you thought these changes would result in the series being over, you must not know that much about hockey.

um... not only did I say Hossa-Flip-Franzen, I called those EXACT lines he was rolling last night...

does anyone know how to search through old threads by the way, other than just clicking through them all, I want to find a link to this...

right here, buddy

Of course, you were going with Draper and Rafalski in the line-up, and you included Ville, but other than that, you called it. ;)

Edited by 55fan

right here, buddy

Of course, you were going with Draper and Rafalski in the line-up, and you included Ville, but other than that, you called it. ;)

thank you sir!

that was actually at the beginning of the playoffs though.... I made one just after game 2 with the exact lines he rolled last night (at least for forward) I just cant find it... but yes, I've been advocating ZDH, Hoss-Flip-Franzen all along :beerbuddy:

No one ever thought of Hossa, Mule, and Filppula. If you would have told me that was the change he was going to make, I woulda said this series is over; Anaheim in 6.

Holy cow, did that line rock. 4 goals together, and just barely failed to convert on 2 more golden opertunities. Who would of thought.

The weirdest thing from tonight is the fact that Osgood let in a goal in the 1st minute, and it was Hiller that was pulled by the end of the night.

Ozzie also had 3 nice steals. He was the difference maker tonight, and belies his less than .900 sv% for the night.

I really feel that with any other goalie the Wings would not even be in this series. Another thankless allstar performance for him.

Called the Hossa-Mule-Flip line 2 months ago. ;)