• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pazzloski

Getzlaf

Rate this topic

Did it seem last night that Getzlaf didnt seem to play much in the third period, I think the announcer said something like under 4 minutes at one point. (Anyone know if there is a website that posts ice time)

You would think that your #1 point getter would be playing alot more. Could it be that he tweaked his knee on that play with fil.(at least i think it was fil). The announcer on TSN said that Carlyle could be resting him for game 5 in detroit but when the score was 5-3 with ten minutes to go that is a more than attainable. Just seeing what you guys think about it or am i just whistling dixie here.

The Ducks say he's sick but I'd bet it was that play with Filppula. I'm sure he's also getting tired. All those 25+ minute games in this series and the Sharks series are catching up to him.

The Ducks say he's sick but I'd bet it was that play with Filppula. I'm sure he's also getting tired. All those 25+ minute games in this series and the Sharks series are catching up to him.

Agreed. That's the other part of playing tired. Your guard has got to go down and voila. You are more vulnerable to injury.

The Filppula hit problem hurt him a little, but I think Carlyle was intending to play him for the entire final three minutes once he pulled the goalie and was allowing him to catch his breath. Unfortunately for him Z scored.

Not gonna lie, I wouldn't be sorry to hear he's too banged up to play the rest of the series. Dude's been killing us. He can come back next season rested and ready to go but if he's a scratch for Game 5, great.

I want the Wings to beat the Ducks with Getzlaf at his best. I want our best to beat their best. (cue the theme to "Rocky" and crank it up!)

I'm sorry. This is the playoffs. If you're on the bench and you aren't injured mechanically in some way, then you better be out there. Being sick is no excuse. Why play him the entire game up until the 3rd period? They're playing the defending cup champs. You don't sit your best guy on the bench unless he's injured.

He's injured. That crap about being sick can't be true.

I'm sorry. This is the playoffs. If you're on the bench and you aren't injured mechanically in some way, then you better be out there. Being sick is no excuse. Why play him the entire game up until the 3rd period? They're playing the defending cup champs. You don't sit your best guy on the bench unless he's injured.

He's injured. That crap about being sick can't be true.

Except your up 2-1 in the series soon to be 2-2 and you've averaged 25 mins a night. The score is 5-3 and you have your net empty, chances are you aren't coming back from this. Live to fight another day especially if you're 50% and you have guys on the bench that are 100%.

Except your up 2-1 in the series soon to be 2-2 and you've averaged 25 mins a night. The score is 5-3 and you have your net empty, chances are you aren't coming back from this. Live to fight another day especially if you're 50% and you have guys on the bench that are 100%.

QTF

Carlyle is saving him for game 5 & 6 since he has been playing huge minutes these past 3 weeks and game 4 was pretty much over and then Z sealed it.

Would you want to see Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the bench if we were down 2 so they can get some rest? Definitely not. I would be infuriated if they weren't out there, especially with a two day break coming up. You don't just give up, stranger things have happened than coming back from 2 goals down in the last 2 minutes. All signs point to an injury on this one, but we'll have to wait and see.

:hysterical:

Completely off topic, but that goalie in your avatar... Artrus Irbe... I totally forgot about him!!! haha.

Anyway, carry on...

Would you want to see Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the bench if we were down 2 so they can get some rest? Definitely not. I would be infuriated if they weren't out there, especially with a two day break coming up. You don't just give up, stranger things have happened than coming back from 2 goals down in the last 2 minutes. All signs point to an injury on this one, but we'll have to wait and see.

Book 'em, Dano33. Rermember when the Ducks barely hung on during the barrage of shots and resulting goals in the WCF and Salaene (sp?) said it was the most nerve racking experience of his life?

I would literally rip my family room apart while watching a game like that and seeing Babs throw in the towel and wait til next game.

This is just my speculation but his knee did an awkward thing on the play where Ericsson hit him on the play here Perry scored their second goal. I don't know if it was Filppula's hit, but then again, I'm normally wrong....

Edited by Jersey Wing

Carlyle is saving him for game 5 & 6 since he has been playing huge minutes these past 3 weeks and game 4 was pretty much over and then Z sealed it.

I don't think that is what it is for a couple of reasons (I don't disagree that maybe they should have but I don't think that is actually why they did it). First look at Getzlaf's 3rd period shifts:

Started Ended Duration

0:27 1:20 00:53

2:16 2:46 00:30

4:52 5:59 01:07

9:51 10:03 00:12

17:26 17:27 00:01

They played Getzlaf 4 shifts in the 3rd period while the score was 5-2 (the 4th shift was the PPG by Niedermayer to bring it to 5-3). After they got within one goal they only played Getzlaf 1 shift (the shift where Z got the empty netter). They played Getzlaf a lot more when the game was further out of reach than they did when it was a two goal game. The first half of the third period the ducks were down by 3 goals and Getzlaf played 4 shifts for 2:42 seconds but the second half of the 3rd period when they were only down two goals they only played him 0:01 second. He didn't play for almost 6 1/2 minutes after they cut the lead to two. If they wanted to rest him they would have after the Samuelsson goal made it a 3 goal lead but they didn't his ice time didn't dramatically diminish until they got within two goals.

Also, Perry and Ryan have played major minutes so far this season as well but their average ice time did not change much in the 3rd period (Ryan's went down about a minute but Perry's actually went up). Both Ryan and Perry took 4 shifts after the halfway point of the 3rd period but Getzlaf only took one and it was just for 1 second. If they were going to rest their guys those two needed the rest as well.

Guest MrSandMan

It appears that he tweaked his knee from the hit he took from Filppula.

Flip was a beast in game 4 (actually, that entire line was a beast)! :D

I want the Wings to beat the Ducks with Getzlaf at his best. I want our best to beat their best. (cue the theme to "Rocky" and crank it up!)

True, but we're without our 2nd best D-man (and PP quarterback). With Ralfi, this series could be over because he'd have some key points and Chelios would be out, hence the bad goals that resulted from him would not have happened. Wings could have easily swept the Ducks if our Ralfi was in.

So I take no shame if one of their top players are out. That's just playoff hockey. If you can't win with injuries, then you're team isn't good enough.

It appears that he tweaked his knee from the hit he took from Filppula.

Flip was a beast in game 4 (actually, that entire line was a beast)! :D

True, but we're without our 2nd best D-man (and PP quarterback). With Ralfi, this series could be over because he'd have some key points and Chelios would be out, hence the bad goals that resulted from him would not have happened. Wings could have easily swept the Ducks if our Ralfi was in.

So I take no shame if one of their top players are out. That's just playoff hockey. If you can't win with injuries, then you're team isn't good enough.

Filp and Kopy, animals I tell ya!

And please don't get me wrong; I'll take a Wings victory anyway it they can get it. I was simply stating my perfect world preference. Go Wings.