• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pazzloski

Getzlaf

Rate this topic

I hope Carlyle benched him. Getzlaf has been great in the playoffs so far, but man does he have his lazy moments. He can't skate to save his life, he's overweight, and if wasn't so big he'd get layed out every game for always skating up the ice with his head down.

Getzlaf is just an all-around good player, in my opinion. Everybody has their off nights, though. He's also logging some serious ice time. I mean 30+ minutes per game? I can imagine that's beginning to wear him down.

If I were Carlyle, I would've benched him late in that game for the simple fact that he's one of my main big guns to use the rest of the playoff run.

Edited by Ms_Hockey

Getzlaf is just an all-around good player, in my opinion. Everybody has their off nights, though. He's also logging some serious ice time. I mean 30+ minutes per game? I can imagine that's beginning to wear him down.

If I were Carlyle, I would've benched him late in that game for the simple fact that he's one of my main big guns to use the rest of the playoff run.

He's definitely an amazing player, but his laziness (and face-offs ugh) is unpredictable. Right now, yeah I bet he is exhausted from playing so many minutes. Even during the regular season though, the Ducks would have 2 or 3 days off, and he would do the same things as if it was a back to back on the road. :ranting: He just annoys me. I wouldn't want him on any other team though. :P It's a love-hate relationship.

He's definitely an amazing player, but his laziness (and face-offs ugh) is unpredictable. Right now, yeah I bet he is exhausted from playing so many minutes. Even during the regular season though, the Ducks would have 2 or 3 days off, and he would do the same things as if it was a back to back on the road. :ranting: He just annoys me. I wouldn't want him on any other team though. :P It's a love-hate relationship.

I still remember the first Wings/Ducks match up this year and the GDT on this board was like "Wow, Getzlaf is amazing." That's when I decided to follow him quietly and adamantly. :ph34r: He hasn't stopped impressing me yet.. and he definitely adds an enormous amount of talent to the Ducks.

On the dislike side, the only thing I dislike about Getzlaf is the jersey he wears. (Sorry!) :P

I still remember the first Wings/Ducks match up this year and the GDT on this board was like "Wow, Getzlaf is amazing." That's when I decided to follow him quietly and adamantly. :ph34r: He hasn't stopped impressing me yet.. and he definitely adds an enormous amount of talent to the Ducks.

On the dislike side, the only thing I dislike about Getzlaf is the jersey he wears. (Sorry!) :P

I'm not going to try and sway you from liking any Ducks players. ;)

What do you think of that Corey Perry? (This was a joke, please don't throw stones at me... :lol: Although that one is my favorite player :unsure: )

Ryan Getzlaf 2009-05-09 probable for Sunday's game against Detroit illness

James Wisniewski 2009-05-09 questionable for Sunday's game against Detroit

I hope Carlyle benched him. Getzlaf has been great in the playoffs so far, but man does he have his lazy moments. He can't skate to save his life, he's overweight, and if wasn't so big he'd get layed out every game for always skating up the ice with his head down.

He's the Duck's best player - bench him? :blink: I could only wish Carlyle was that stupid. I don't like him right now because he is a Duck - but if he is too "lazy and overweight" for your team - send him over the to Wings next year....we'll take him. ;)