• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Rafalski, Draper, Kopecky won't play Sunday

Rate this topic

Well great, Abdelkader it is. Babcock knows what he's doing. I'm certainly not getting paid to make that decision. The line change call certainly worked out.

I was just voicing my opinion on who I'd play. I was just worried about an over-eager penalty. I hope Abdelkader runs the Ducks defense through the glass. If Wisniewski plays I hope Helm and Abdelkader keep dumping the puck in his corner and make him pay every time he plays it.

Abby takes dumb penalties, on the positive note is he'll hurt Getzlaf more than he's already hurting.

I doubt he'll spend much time on the ice with Getzlaf. We get last change again on Sunday.

I don't understand this whole injury thing.

With every passing game I (apparently as well as everyone else) find it harder to believe that Rafs and Drapes are both day-to-day, but if it was the case that it was a long term injury, why wouldn't they just come clean and say "Rafalski and Draper most likely will not be playing in this series"?

I don't understand this whole injury thing.

With every passing game I (apparently as well as everyone else) find it harder to believe that Rafs and Drapes are both day-to-day, but if it was the case that it was a long term injury, why wouldn't they just come clean and say "Rafalski and Draper most likely will not be playing in this series"?

I would imagine it's more so Carlyle is unsure of what to expect in the coming days rather than to keep us fans in the dark. Effective or not, that'd be the reason. Lots of teams do this in the playoffs.

RED WINGS + FIGHTING= SERIOUS INJURIES

Well after being quite the prognosticator with this post how could anyone not accept your knowledge as gospel.

I will personally start by voicing my opinion. I hope I'm wrong here and I know I'll get flack for this. Blue Jackets in 6. Wings must win first two home games.

They are playing a hungrier, better goaltended, and more physical team.

I would imagine it's more so Carlyle is unsure of what to expect in the coming days rather than to keep us fans in the dark. Effective or not, that'd be the reason. Lots of teams do this in the playoffs.

I can't see how that could possibly affect the Ducks.

Carlyle hears he's playing, then execute plan A

Carlyle hears he's not playing, then execute plan B

Guest MrSandMan

Then why announce today that Ralf, Draper and Kops isn't playing? Why not let Carlyle sweat it out for awhile? Now Ducks org have a few days to research and see who this "Abby" character is.

Then why announce today that Ralf, Draper and Kops isn't playing? Why not let Carlyle sweat it out for awhile? Now Ducks org have a few days to research and see who this "Abby" character is.

Rafalski not ruled out of game 6. Rafalski ruled out for game 6. Rafalski not ruled out of game 7. Rafalski ruled out of game 7. Rafalski not ruled out for series opener. Rafalski ruled out for game 1. Rafalski not ruled out or game 2. Rafalski ruled out for game 2. ..................... Rafalski ruled out for game 7 of finals.

There, you have it from me first. It's going to be the lamest thing when, the day after the playoffs are over, the Red Wings release the information that Brian Rafalski tore ligaments in his top hand while picking up his labrador retriever and is expected to miss the next 4-6 months following surgery on April 26th to repair the torn ligaments. It's going to be REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY lame.

Rafalski not ruled out of game 6. Rafalski ruled out for game 6. Rafalski not ruled out of game 7. Rafalski ruled out of game 7. Rafalski not ruled out for series opener. Rafalski ruled out for game 1. Rafalski not ruled out or game 2. Rafalski ruled out for game 2. ..................... Rafalski ruled out for game 7 of finals.

There, you have it from me first. It's going to be the lamest thing when, the day after the playoffs are over, the Red Wings release the information that Brian Rafalski tore ligaments in his top hand while picking up his labrador retriever and is expected to miss the next 4-6 months following surgery on April 26th to repair the torn ligaments. It's going to be REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY lame.

Hopefully it wasn't a snow blower accident. :lol:

I can't see how that could possibly affect the Ducks.

Carlyle hears he's playing, then execute plan A

Carlyle hears he's not playing, then execute plan B

Nevertheless.

I can't believe our coach is behind on everything again. Took him 3 games to put Z and Dats together and now he doesn't get it that Leino should have been in the lineup by now. Do we need to lose bunch of other games for him to get it?

Man, I'm just not a big fan of Babcock.

The Wings will play this series probably without Rafalski. The thing I want to know is who will replace the place of Kopecky. I do not mind who will be on the place but I never watched the full game of Abdelkader.

I believe Leino has a tremendous skill but isn't Abdelkader better fit for the ROLE OF 4TH LINE?

The Wings will play this series probably without Rafalski. The thing I want to know is who will replace the place of Kopecky. I do not mind who will be on the place but I never watched the full game of Abdelkader.

I believe Leino has a tremendous skill but isn't Abdelkader better fit for the ROLE OF 4TH LINE?

I'd like to see Leino play too, but I'm going to get out the magic crystal ball and say that Abdelkader will get the nod. I just have a hunch on this one. Babcock seems to like his physical abilities a bit more than Leino's skill. We'll see what he decides.

It was reported two hours ago that Abdelkader was in for Kopecky. Go read the Kopecky thread.

I knew it. I thought Babs would choose Abdelkader for his toughness over Leino's skill. My hunch was right. Cool.

I can't believe our coach is behind on everything again. Took him 3 games to put Z and Dats together and now he doesn't get it that Leino should have been in the lineup by now. Do we need to lose bunch of other games for him to get it?

HE is such a moron, they should take his name of the Cup from last year, if it weren't for him we would have won 16 straight. :yowza: I wonder if Kenny and Co. ever considered so guy sitting at his computer with no experience for coach, I can't believe they didn't take that option, it seems so logical. :ph34r:

You are right, a guy who currently leads the league in winning percentage since 2003 has no business making these decisions.

There, fixed it for you.

right as i saw kopecky get his butt kicked i knew he would be out. i wish theyd tell us wtf is up with rafalski. we just need a huge home game sunday and lets shoot five hole on hiller. i noticed after game one his five hole was not too good

I think I'd rather see Leino than Abdelkader. Our fourth line has been the most consistent at dominating the Ducks this series, and if Babs puts a scorer on Helm's line, I think good things will happen. Helm pretty much beats the puck into the corner after dumping it in, has little trouble forcing the turnover, and if he has Leino in the slot to feed it, with Maltby crashing the net, all of a sudden the Wings have a dangerous fourth line.

Great point :thumbup: