• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Rafalski, Draper, Kopecky won't play Sunday

Rate this topic

Well I guess that I am the only one on these forums that thinks that Abdelkader is a downgrade to Kopecky. While Kopecky is a skinny, pretty boy who certainly shouldnt be fighting, he knows how to play hockey. Abdelkader.......we will see what he offers....

This is not a knock on Abs at all, I havnt seen much of his play. Maybe he will be a better fit for the 4th line.

Guest mindfly
Kopecky out is AWESOME news. Awesome!

Too bad Raffy is still out :(

I thought you supported all slovaks and czechs :P

I'm putting it down to alcohol, drugs, or good sense of humor.

After all, LGW is srs bsns.

We're sour-ass bassoons? Vowels, woman. Vowels.

I am wondering if Kader is in over Leino because Kader has been known to drop the gloves (from what I remember hearing- please correct me if I'm wrong). If this is the case, we may see Leino in a later series (knock wood).

Well I guess that I am the only one on these forums that thinks that Abdelkader is a downgrade to Kopecky. While Kopecky is a skinny, pretty boy who certainly shouldnt be fighting, he knows how to play hockey. Abdelkader.......we will see what he offers....

This is not a knock on Abs at all, I havnt seen much of his play. Maybe he will be a better fit for the 4th line.

Stop. Just stop. Now.

I would rather see what Abdelkader can do in the playoffs up here with the Wings again over Kopy. Look at his numbers in the 10 games he played in Griffins Playoffs.. GP 10 G 6 A 2 PTS 8 +- 2, his only down fall are his PIM at 23... and here are Kopy's numbers in the 8 games hes played up here GP 8 G 0 A 1 PTS 1 +- 0, PIM 7. Abdelkader skates faster and harder than Kopy. Before game 4, Babs said they wanted to just wear the ducks out with Abdelkader you can do that with Leino you have a mini Datsyuk that hasn't trusted his eyes to Dr. Rahmani yet. Finesse hasn't worked well for the Wings against the Ducks its been hard physical plays that have gotten the job done...

I like Kopecky but Abdelkader is NOT a downgrade. Abs is an awesome player, he won't go out of the line-up again IMO, he'll make it his own. He's a hungry, hungry hockey player who will be desperate to make the spot his. I can't wait to see him out there. :thumbup:

Abby is one of those players that is at the right place at the right time all the time. I listen the Sirius CBC hockey and when they speak of all the youth the wings have in GR, they always bring up Abby as the player to watch for. This kid is fun to watch, makes plays with his grit and speed. He will kick some ars on Sunday.

Guest MrSandMan

People are also forgetting that Abby knows how to score goals. He scored the clutch winning goal in the Michigan State 2007 championship.

For those who have not seen him, he's 6'2" 215 ibs and a mad skater. He's physical and all over the place like Helm.

Also, he's a Michigan Native, born in Muskegon. He's our future people, embrace him!

Wait. You haven't seen him play much but you say that he is a downgrade.

That makes no fricking sense. If you haven't seen him play much how can you say he's a downgrade?

Where's the logic in that?

I would rather see what Abdelkader can do in the playoffs up here with the Wings again over Kopy. Look at his numbers in the 10 games he played in Griffins Playoffs.. GP 10 G 6 A 2 PTS 8 +- 2, his only down fall are his PIM at 23... and here are Kopy's numbers in the 8 games hes played up here GP 8 G 0 A 1 PTS 1 +- 0, PIM 7. Abdelkader skates faster and harder than Kopy. Before game 4, Babs said they wanted to just wear the ducks out with Abdelkader you can do that with Leino you have a mini Datsyuk that hasn't trusted his eyes to Dr. Rahmani yet. Finesse hasn't worked well for the Wings against the Ducks its been hard physical plays that have gotten the job done...

ahhh. You are comparing Abby's numbers while playing in the AHL playoffs to Kopy's numbers while playing in the NHL Playoffs.

Didn't it occur to you when you were typing this that that's not a fair comparison. In fact it's more than not fair, it's just well... never mind.

Granted that Kopy hasn't done much and it will be good to see what Abby can do but keep it in perspective.

People are also forgetting that Abby knows how to score goals. He scored the clutch winning goal in the Michigan State 2007 championship.

For those who have not seen him, he's 6'2" 215 ibs and a mad skater. He's physical and all over the place like Helm.

Also, he's a Michigan Native, born in Muskegon. He's our future people, embrace him!

Beautifully put. :thumbup:

People said he would only be a grinder and yet he scored 20+ goals in his AHL rookie season and 6 in 10 playoff games. He has scoring line potential IMO, in the Holmstrom mould but obviously with much better skating and more physical in terms of dishing out hits. So in actual respect it's a lousy comparison. :P But they have size in common and the ability to park themselves in front of the net and score. Just as you said, he knows how to score goals. He's one of our best prospects, could even be our best forward prospect. :thumbup:

Good thing Kopecky stopped that fist with his face!!!! :scared:

Why yes, Virginia, Tomas Kopecky's decision to fight Francois Beauchemin was dumb, dumb, dumb. TSN's Darren Dreger reports that Kopecky suffered a facial fracture during the exchange:

May 8, TSN: Forward Tomas Kopecky is now out long term after his fight with Ducks defenceman Francois Beauchemin during the Wings Game 4 victory. He is certainly out for Game 5 of the series and the Wings should not expect to have him back until deep into the playoffs.

Really? I thought it was brilliant. Because of the fight Beauchemin had to sit for 5 minutes at a critical time. Kopy is expendable.

I like Kopecky but Abdelkader is NOT a downgrade. Abs is an awesome player, he won't go out of the line-up again IMO, he'll make it his own. He's a hungry, hungry hockey player who will be desperate to make the spot his. I can't wait to see him out there. :thumbup:

It's almost a 100% certainty he will go back down next season. Not because he's not good enough, but because Ken Holland has great faith in the AHL and the way young players develop there. Detroit has always let prospects develop until they are almost too ready for the NHL. This is a system Scotty Bowman developed and Holland has said is committed to continuing because it's the reason Hank and Dats are two of the best in the world and guys like Ericsson, Helm and Grigorenko were able to flourish immediately in the NHL.

Hmmm... well, there's always exceptions. :P

It's almost a 100% certainty he will go back down next season. Not because he's not good enough, but because Ken Holland has great faith in the AHL and the way young players develop there. Detroit has always let prospects develop until they are almost too ready for the NHL. This is a system Scotty Bowman developed and Holland has said is committed to continuing because it's the reason Hank and Dats are two of the best in the world and guys like Ericsson, Helm and Grigorenko were able to flourish immediately in the NHL.

Oh I didn't mean stay here for next season, I meant pull a Helm and stay in the playoff line-up. ;)

Although when Draper comes back you'd assume Abdelkader will go out, but I'm hoping he plays well enough so Maltby sits instead.

Guest MrSandMan

:D

ahhh. You are comparing Abby's numbers while playing in the AHL playoffs to Kopy's numbers while playing in the NHL Playoffs.

Didn't it occur to you when you were typing this that that's not a fair comparison. In fact it's more than not fair, it's just well... never mind.

Granted that Kopy hasn't done much and it will be good to see what Abby can do but keep it in perspective.

Yes yes yes I agree with you and yes it did occur to me that the AHL is nowhere near the NHL in a skill wise, but check this out Kopy's AHL playoffs in the 2005-2006 season GP 16 G 3 A 4 PTS 7 +- 0 PIM 25

Playing in twice as many games but only getting half the amount of goals. Yes you can now say that he had different team mates and blah blah blah... Comparing his AHL playoffs to Abby's. I would rather have Abby up there giving it a shot then Kopy who has been a good fourth liner and getting better... All and all it will be interesting and good to see another Michigan born and someone brought up through the Wings system to prove themselves.

i'm not happy with this news i thought Ken Daniels said he'd be playing in game 5 we need Raffy back

It really irks me that both times with played anaheim in the post season we've been down two of our top four defenseman

WORD!

Guest E_S_A_D

Absolutely pumped that Abdelkader will be in instead of Kopecky. I'm sorry to see him get hurt getting beat up, but very glad to see Justin in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdrV5iF43tQ

Totally off subject, but if you didn't see the Tiger's game last night you missed out.

Oh I didn't mean stay here for next season, I meant pull a Helm and stay in the playoff line-up. ;)

Although when Draper comes back you'd assume Abdelkader will go out, but I'm hoping he plays well enough so Maltby sits instead.

Oh right, I see. Yeah, I hope you're right. Certainly wouldn't hurt to have another Helm pan out. It's a tough team to try and crack when healthy though.