• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BlakChamber

Ovechkin's hit on Gonchar

Rate this topic

stfu, if this happen to lidstrom you'd be balling your eyes out.

1. You didn't make an argument for why this is a dirty hit, you just made an argument for everyone to lose perspective here, because they may lose perspective in another situation.

2. Stop talking like you're a tough guy; those of us who have been around the sun a while just think that you need to go take a cold shower.

3. If he did widen his stance, I couldn't see it. My opinion on this hit has nothing to do with me responding negatively toward your previous comment.

Am I the only one who thinks Ovechkin is annoying, and completely one dimensional? :evil:

All venting aside though, that hit isn't suspension worthy at all. He definitely didn't intentionally try for knee on knee, he just didn't try to prevent it either. So unfortunate for the Pens, this is really going to affect them if he's out for a while.

So unfortunate for the Pens, this is really going to affect them if he's out for a while.

Supposedly he could have came back in, but they're being cautious with him. That's the rumor circulating around right now, supposedly from Bylsma's mouth.

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
1. You didn't make an argument for why this is a dirty hit, you just made an argument for everyone to lose perspective here, because they may lose perspective in another situation.

2. Stop talking like you're a tough guy; those of us who have been around the sun a while just think that you need to go take a cold shower.

3. If he did widen his stance, I couldn't see it. My opinion on this hit has nothing to do with me responding negatively toward your previous comment.

:rolleyes: i act like a tuff guy.... Lolllerskates....

If I had a dollar for everytime Ovechkin charged someone, whether it be:

Dustin Brown

Evgeni Malkin

Johnathan Toews

Vincent Lecav

Eric Staal

Sergei Gonchar

Denis Wideman

Zach Bog

etc etc

i'd have well over 1,000 dollars. i am so sick of the league it just really makes me upset because I start sounding like a stupid ignorant flyer's fan, but Ovechkin gets a huge free ride on pretty much everything.

Guest Shoreline

Should've been a 5, and Ovy is lucky he didn't get it. It's a dangerous play to make, intent or not.

Dustin Brown

Evgeni Malkin

Johnathan Toews

Vincent Lecav

Eric Staal

Sergei Gonchar

Denis Wideman

Zach Bog

etc etc

i'd have well over 1,000 dollars. i am so sick of the league it just really makes me upset because I start sounding like a stupid ignorant flyer's fan, but Ovechkin gets a huge free ride on pretty much everything.

I'm not sure what I should call it, but when you respond to a cogent observation with "stfu" it is stupid to say the least. Are we talking about Ovechkin's body of actions, or just this play? I thought this thread entitled: "Replying to Ovechkin's hit on Gonchar" was about this hit. My bad.

Dustin Brown

Evgeni Malkin

Johnathan Toews

Vincent Lecav

Eric Staal

Sergei Gonchar

Denis Wideman

Zach Bog

etc etc

Maybe you'd be content if Ovechkin just crosschecked your goaltender in the head? I'm sure you'd let that go, just like the league did you a big fat ******* favor and let that head-shot go. :rolleyes:

Cue more death threats...

I thought the hit deserved a major because Ovie didn't pull his knee back at all - its not like he was in a checking position. It doesn't warrant a suspension though...

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
Maybe you'd be content if Ovechkin just crosschecked your goaltender in the head? I'm sure you'd let that go, just like the league did you a big fat ******* favor and let that head-shot go. :rolleyes:

Cue more death threats...

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl yea and Osgood spearing Ribby in the face last year is totally cool.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl yea and Osgood spearing Ribby in the face last year is totally cool.

Hey Threadjacker: This is about Ovie's hit on Gonchar, not about past acts by anyone else. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by insulting long time posters on this board, but I don't think anyone has put on the homer glasses in this thread. Get over yourself and discuss the aspects of THIS THREAD. If not, take a self-imposed timeout.

No, it wasn't. And neither was the two-hand slash to Osgood's chest.

This kind of stuff happens. I think it was a piss poor move on Ovie's part and it definitely warranted a penalty.. but that's what playoff hockey has become.

:rolleyes: More bias. More homerism. How cute. Feel free to show me a clear video of a "spear in the face." Oh, yeah, thats right. Any video that shows Osgood spearing someone in the face can only be watched with those free homer glasses that come in every specially marked box of Wheat Puffs featuring Crosby the Cream puff himself on the front.

Why don't you go take your anger out by punching someone in the butt, eh?

Dustin Brown

Evgeni Malkin

Johnathan Toews

Vincent Lecav

Eric Staal

Sergei Gonchar

Denis Wideman

Zach Bog

etc etc

Show video if these 1000 charges or shut your mouth.

Not a clean hit....but not a dirty hit either. Can't stand AO but that is what it is. Like Gonchar and hope he can come back in the series. Wow think if this was an AO/Crosby hit????

I can't wait to hear what Don Cherry has to say tomorrow. His Ovechkin hate will reach new heights. :lol:

I dunno- Cherry will be conflicted. On one hand a Russian committed a questionable hit. But on the other hand a Russian was injured by a big hit. It'd be a lot easier for him to hate Ovi for that hit if it was against a Canadian player.

And on an unrelated note (since sadly, this thread isn't really about the play, it's about the player)- I have a hard time believing he intended to hit the knee there. It doesn't look like it to me. It was a dumb play, yeah, but I don't see intent to injure.