• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ms_Hockey

Lidstrom named a top 10 favorite for the Conn Smythe.

Rate this topic

Link.

7. Nicklas Lidstrom, Defense, Detroit

Trouble looks to be brewing for the heroes of Hockeytown USA, but the defending Norris Trophy-winner is doing all he can to ground the Ducks. The 39-year-old Hall-of-Famer-to-be has four points in three games versus Anaheim and has already played more than 94 minutes in the series. He’s been easily the best Red Wing to date in the playoffs and is showing no signs of slowing down.

Edited by Ms_Hockey

The Top 3 favorites are from the Ducks? This is a joke and there is no trouble brewing in Hockeytown.

I was wondering the same thing. Seems the media is getting the idea that we're running around like chickens with our heads chopped off.

I was wondering the same thing. Seems the media is getting the idea that we're running around like chickens with our heads chopped off.

Does anyone from the Media know a guy by the name of FRANZEN??? Honestly, do these writers know anything about hockey??

Funny how things change after one game. The number one candidate now has a 2.39 GAA and .919 SA%, compared to 1.74 and .955 when the article was written, not to mention being pulled for the backup during the game.

I agree with the fact that Franzen should be up there though. The Mule is made of clutch and win.

What is this trouble they speak of?

And I second the notion, there's this guy named Franzen who is consistently awesome in the playoffs, maybe someday the rest of the league and media will find out about him.

That list is obscenely stupid to put Neidermayer and Hiller ahead of Lidstrom, Ward, Crosby and Ovechkin. It seems to just be riding in the high of Detroit's (then) two recent losses to Anaheim.

This article was written before game 4.

Notice the date it was written.

Still, even before Game #4 there was no trouble in Hockeytown. The Wings were only down 2-1 and almost forced OT in Game #3 where they could have won.

Edited by Mike

Hiller is going to be the first goalie to win the Conn Smythe playoff trophy with 6 wins in the playoffs. No wait, the Ducks are going to win game 6 by a score of 23-1, and Ryan Getzlaf is going to be the first player to record 4 hat-tricks to go along with 9 assists and 21 points, making him the Conn Smythe trophy winner, despite not advancing to the last two rounds after the Wings win game 7. No wait, Scott Neidermayer is going to get 3 more goals off of running the goalie and be deemed the MVP of the playoffs for his ability to do anything BUT play solid defense. This article is a JOKE.

That list is obscenely stupid to put Neidermayer and Hiller ahead of Lidstrom, Ward, Crosby and Ovechkin. It seems to just be riding in the high of Detroit's (then) two recent losses to Anaheim.

Conn Smythe is MVP of the playoffs. Getzlaf leads the NHL in points right now. He deserves it. Without Hiller, The Ducks would not of beat the top seed Sharks. Neids deserves a nod, but not in the top 3! (He did do a great job shutting down your top line until Thursday!)

Talking about the Conn Smythe Award before any teams are in the Cup finals is bad juju, in my book. A lot can happen between then and now.

I will say that Johan Franzen is making a play for the most valuable player for the Wings up to this last played game.

Read the article again. Watch other teams besides The Wings. There CAN be good players that are not on the Wings. Stop being a Homer

I don't think the guy who wrote the article has been watching the playoffs. Luongo has been great for the Canucks and isn't in the top 10. Staal for the Hurricanes has been dominate and helped to eliminate the Devils, not on the list. Thomas has been solid for the Bruins until recently, not on the list. Franzen has been his usual amazing playoff self and is not on the list. There are so many great players that are missing from this list, but somehow the Ducks have 3? The article is a joke.

Edited by Mike

At this point in his career I will take a Conn Smythe Lidstrom over a Norris Lidstrom 10 out of 10 times, he has all the Norris trophies he needs.

Conn Smythe is MVP of the playoffs. Getzlaf leads the NHL in points right now. He deserves it. Without Hiller, The Ducks would not of beat the top seed Sharks. Neids deserves a nod, but not in the top 3! (He did do a great job shutting down your top line until Thursday!)

Getzlaf is tied for the lead in points with Crosby so let's give it to both of them. :rolleyes: Let's not be a homer now and not give all the facts.

Edit: Getzlaf is 19th in goals with 3 while Franzen is 4th with 6. Crosby has 9 goals, tied with Eric Staal.

Edited by Mike

Talking about the Conn Smythe Award before any teams are in the Cup finals is bad juju, in my book. A lot can happen between then and now.

I will say that Johan Franzen is making a play for the most valuable player for the Wings up to this last played game.

;)

The fact that this article was written now, in the second round, is ridiculous. The fact that Niedermayer is on it is ridiculous. The fact that Michael Ryder is on it while Johan Franzen is not, is ridiculous. The placement of the other two Ducks as #s 1 and 2 is ridiculous.

If this list had been an unranked "here's ten guys, in no particular order, who have stepped up for their team" it would have been much less egregious. As it is, it's simply meaningless.