• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 5 GDT: Ducks 1 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

To the people critical of Datsyuk:

I think he was selected as one of the 3 Stars at The Joe today.

His defense more then makes up for his recent lack of scoring in my opinion. He is up against the other teams top line most of the time. If you keep the other team from scoring that is as good as scoring yourself.

The Wings are loaded with players that can score goals and I don't care which line puts points on the board as long as we have more at the end of the game.

Just saying. :)

Edited by MidMichSteve

Beating Anaheim is like winning a whole nother cup in its own right. You have no idea how happy it makes me to beat this team.

S'OK. I've hated them for about two years less than I've hated the Avs. Which started in l996. :cool:

What superstition is that, Reem? Do the Wings lose when you stick around?

For some reason I can stick around during the games in the season, but lately when I've posted in the GDT in the playoffs we lose. :(

The last two times I've not been in we've won so while it hurts lol I love it and will take one for the team!

That being said, what a game by our boys! Talk about DOMINATION! Helmer was amazing. What a goal. That's what you get for never giving up on a play! Ozzie was great when needed.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!

They can be as long as they don't impede the goaltender's ability to make a save. The rule you might be thinking about was the old crease rule where a player's skate couldn't be in the crease or it would be called off. (See Dallas' controversial SCF goal)

The TSN boyz said the puck went in before the interference. I'm taking them at their word! :satisfied:

Edited by Vladifan

Great win by the Wings! I was a little concerned when they started to sit back but they battled through like true champions! Overall, I thought the game was called pretty fairly. Awesome to see Helmer get on the score sheet!

Looks like the 2000 posts worked! Can't wait to finish them off on Tuesday! Go Wings!!!

I bought a couple pizzas from Little Ceasars before the game today, and went in my Chelios Jersey to pick them up. While I was waiting, the guy working the register started talking to me about the Wings tonight. I asked him who he thought was going to win today. He said he thought ANaheim was going to win ithe series in 6 becuase they're a better team.

I should really find a way to contact Mr. Illitch about this guy. LOL

Consequently, he also thinks if we were to get through and face Luongo, we'd lose...oh, and he also thinks Chelios is still a superstar defensemen in the league.

Now, I love Chelios, think he's great, but lets face it, he's too old now, he's slowing way down, and he turns the puck over.

At any rate, it was a really interesting conversation with this kid. I thought you guys would like to hear about it. Hell, he might even be on this board.

Guest Four
Did O'Halloran call it a goal for Helm? Forgot to check to see who was behind the net.

No, I believe it was 89

Um, WOW. I thought we played really well from about halfway through the first to the end. All the goals were wonderful, the people at the bar we went to were awesome. Some of them were Wings fans too! :lol: Also educated some of the bar patrons on icing (explained three times) and offsides (explained twice) and heard a lot about how much people love that hitting other people is legal in hockey. It was a great time, made all the better by a fantastic win by the guys.

I can't think of one person on our team that I thought played poorly.

I would have liked if Pavs had scored, but I thought he had an outstanding game regardless, made serveral mind-blowing plays, played great defense and had a couple of good hits.

I am very pleased by this win (obviously) and hope we can continue to do the same in game 6!

Um, WOW. I thought we played really well from about halfway through the first to the end. All the goals were wonderful, the people at the bar we went to were awesome. Some of them were Wings fans too! :lol: Also educated some of the bar patrons on icing (explained three times) and offsides (explained twice) and heard a lot about how much people love that hitting other people is legal in hockey. It was a great time, made all the better by a fantastic win by the guys.

I can't think of one person on our team that I thought played poorly.

I would have liked if Pavs had scored, but I thought he had an outstanding game regardless, made serveral mind-blowing plays, played great defense and had a couple of good hits.

I am very pleased by this win (obviously) and hope we can continue to do the same in game 6!

Maybe he'll get those 17 goals in Anaheim. He played better in the road last year.

Guest Shoreline
They showed this stat on TSN, I thought it was mind-blowingly impressive:

muletheman.jpg

Thus why I'm happy this Mule is helping pull the Red Wings for years to come.

What a game, what a win! This game was well deserved, the team played incredible. I was so worried for the span when it was a 1-goal game because the Ducks didn't even deserve to be on the ice and yet a bad bounce could have evened the score. Helm working his ass off once again and this time he gets rewarded with a huge goal, did anyone deserve a goal more then Helm in this game? I don't think so. Abdelkader was a definite upgrade from Kopecky, he had a hell of a game as well. Ozzie was big when he had to be, it is hard to be in the game and focused when you are doing nothing for long periods of time but he was, awesome stuff. If the Wings continue this play, which i am certain they will, they will wrap it up on tuesday.

P.S Datsyuk is just saving up goals to score a hatty in game 6.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a game, what a win! This game was well deserved, the team played incredible. I was so worried for the span when it was a 1-goal game because the Ducks didn't even deserve to be on the ice and yet a bad bounce could have evened the score. Helm working his ass off once again and this time he gets rewarded with a huge goal, did anyone deserve a goal more then Helm in this game? I don't think so. Abdelkader was a definite upgrade from Kopecky, he had a hell of a game as well. Ozzie was big when he had to be, it is hard to be in the game and focused when you are doing nothing for long periods of time but he was, awesome stuff. If the Wings continue this play, which i am certain they will, they will wrap it up on tuesday.

P.S Datsyuk is just saving up goals to score a hatty in game 6.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 had some great chances tonight. There was a total of 4 posts tonight I think a few LGWer's counted tonight when were watching the game together....

Same goes with Z; 2 empty net goals, but has had many chances.

OK, don't get after me about looking ahead, this entire board can have ZERO effect on what happens on the ice. If you are superstitious about things, hit your BACK button now

Let's SUPPOSE the Wings finish off Anaheim and beat either Vancouver or the Blackhawks and move onto the Finals like we're all hoping (and let's face it, expecting). All the four teams reamining in the Eastern Conference have LOST to the Red Wings in the Stanley Cup Finals. Interesting tidbit that I don't know if anybody has brought up....

Pittsburgh? Won a cup against them in 2008

Carolina? Won a cup against them in 2002

Washington? Won a cup against them in 1998

Boston? Won a cup against them in 1943

Obviousy the Wings could only play ONE of them but the Red Wings have beaten all four Semi-Finalists in the Eastern Conference this year in the Finals.

Edited by Jersey Wing