• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 5 GDT: Ducks 1 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

#13 had some great chances tonight. There was a total of 4 posts tonight I think a few LGWer's counted tonight when were watching the game together....

Same goes with Z; 2 empty net goals, but has had many chances.

Completely agree, and i was not getting on Datsyuk, he may not be scoring but it is not for lack of effort or even confidence for that matter. That flip to himself he attempted = not a player lacking confidence, he will find the back of the net in game 6. His defensive play was selke-esque once again and his stick handling today most likely left skid marks in a few Ducks' player's undergarments.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, don't get after me about looking ahead, this entire board can have ZERO effect on what happens on the ice.

We know. But the whole "Post X number of times for a Game Y victory" and the juju thing I have going on that I know others are doing too, and other little quirks.....they're fun. It makes us feel like we're a part of it all, rather than just spectators. That's not a bad thing.

Just got back a lil while ago from the game (3 hour drive)... damn that was soo much fun, the joe was goin nuts! i think we can expect the wings to close it out on tues. i mean, its only right for the winbgs to close it out on the road its not like they ever do that :P

For as much as the Wings were absolutely dominating the play, they are having some hard luck scoring goals. But three is good enough to win. And if you can hold your opponent to one with good defense (and one outstanding save or two) that's all you ever really need.

I'm so relieved and proud of this team. For the sake of our collective sanity, they have to close this one out Tuesday. :thumbup:

I watched the game on TSN for the first time in a while. For a Canadian hockey channel they sure have a horrible broadcast from technical issues to the commentators.

What's wrong with Hossa again? He can't score!! Z and Dats are not doing too hot either.

Cleary should have been called for goalie interference but we know the refs suck ass in this series plus they owe us a big one anyway.

For as much as the Wings were absolutely dominating the play, they are having some hard luck scoring goals. But three is good enough to win. And if you can hold your opponent to one with good defense (and one outstanding save or two) that's all you ever really need.

I'm so relieved and proud of this team. For the sake of our collective sanity, they have to close this one out Tuesday. :thumbup:

Some people here still have sanity.... ?

Luckys. <_<

the Wings played great today.

they silenced all of the Ducks' offensive weapons and played an aggressive forecheck and put up 4 on Hiller.

If the Wings continue to play the way they have the last 2 1/3 games, the series will be over after game 6 - and would revenge taste so sweet!

the Wings played great today.

they silenced all of the Ducks' offensive weapons and played an aggressive forecheck and put up 4 on Hiller.

If the Wings continue to play the way they have the last 2 1/3 games, the series will be over after game 6 - and would revenge taste so sweet!

It certainly helped that Getzlaf appeared to be injured.

I watched the game on TSN for the first time in a while. For a Canadian hockey channel they sure have a horrible broadcast from technical issues to the commentators.

What's wrong with Hossa again? He can't score!! Z and Dats are not doing too hot either.

Cleary should have been called for goalie interference but we know the refs suck ass in this series plus they owe us a big one anyway.

What? Z had 3 points and was awesome all game. Pavel pretty much did everything except scoring, atleast he picked up an assist.

Hossa's line looked great again, but he needs to stop shooting glove-hand.

I ask people why Hiller gets so much praise? He's GARBAGE! If the puck isn't shot directly at his giant chest guard, he's not making the save.

Franzen rang one of far-side post from 25' out! A TRUE premier goalie would have stopped that. Heck, an ECHL goalie would have stopped that.

Franzen's goal today shows exactly what kind of goalie Hiller is. He goes down into the butterfly the second the puck is in the offensive zone. And since he has a garbage glove and blocker hand if you shoot high, and it's on the net, it's in the net.

The Ducks have no answer. If they're not on the PP and Getzlaf and Perry aren't on the ice together, they have no offensive presence. Absolutely ZERO.

R.Neidermayer, Nokelienen, Brown, Christianson, Marchant, Carter, Ebbett and Miller are all terrible. Absolutely terrible. They shouldn't even be in the NHL.

Suck it Ducks. Wings are closing this out in Anaheim. And if Rafalski was in this lineup it would have already been done.

Bad juju making this post now.

But I don't really disagree. Hiller's gotten entirely too much credit, and the Ducks have zero up front that scares me outside of Getzlaf/Perry/Selanne. And Getzlaf's clearly something less than 100% at the moment.

Wings have put their plan into action and just started playing like the Red Wings should. Ducks are a very experienced, tough to play against team, but they are tired and it shows.

Hiller is fine young goalie, he's just hit a hot team. It's nice to say that, instead of our usual excuse of "we hit a hot goalie" and couldn't solve him.

Go, Wings. I am sick of Anaheim and want to see them in the rear view mirror. :cool:

*unjinx :unsure:

I think depth is what is killing the ducks, not their players being PeeWee level talent.

The Ducks have 2.33 (maybe .66 with Christensen in the lineup) forward lines and 2.5 D-pairings.

They had a lot of guys logging a lot of ice time early in the series. With Wiz out one game the D had to log a lot of extra minutes.

I think Getzlaf is dog tired, I think that first line blew their wad (so to speak) in the first game and a half. They were not only playing great O but very very good D, it appears as though the legs that usually feed the wolf are spent.

Getzlaf's legs aren't all there for whatever reason, Perry ringing wristers high glove on Osgood (while successful multiple times) is the only weapon he has right now. Teemu is Teemu, he will be fast and have opportunities. The D is tired in my opinion, Neids made what looked to be mentally tired plays yesterday. All of the great neutral play the Ducks had is gone, they are not picking off Detroit's outlet passes any more and that is proving very dangerous.

Ana is not going as hard into the corners and tough spots. That is not to say they are not going into those spots with all that they have left in the tank, but no team in the league rolls 4 lines at you the way Detroit does, in a 7 game series that wears on you, especially if your team is really only 2 lines deep.

I think Carlyle switching up lines was him trying to get guys with some legs left in them on lines with Perry, Getzlaf, and Teemu. However I think Getzlaf (whom has been going all out all postseason) is completely spent, maybe a day or two off help him out, but his legs look burnt out.

Pahlsson, imo, is the thing the ducks are desperately missing! The defense and secondary scoring that he provided would have gone a long way, and may have extended them to a third line.

Duckguy if you hit this thread what are your thoughts?