• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NEpats1028

Blackhawks On Brink of Advancing

Rate this topic

We are still worried but we're more optimistic today. Hiller has been exposed and the injuries to the Ducks have us feeling bubbley.

Anyways, forums are for Why dids and What ifs. :)

I hope the Wings are feeling two things.

Fear and desperation.

Fear of losing.

Desperation to avoid it.

Let's Go Red Wings!!!!!!!

Guest Shoreline

Let's finish this series first before worrying. Wings have lost 2 games in a row once already this series and it isn't out of the question to happen again. I kinda hope the Nucks win and take this series to Game 7.

People - it's the other way around. All those other teams are shatting their pants at the prospect of facing the Wings. Remember that.

Good point. I think we tend to forget how feared this time is.

Edited by Dabura

Chicago seems to play a real Wings-style game, except with much less depth at forward and their d-men pinch in way more. Otherwise, they're all about timing point shots at the same time as the forwards crash for rebounds. It's worked for them on Luongo much better than I thought it would. Byfuglien is their Holmstrom.

I think the Wings can understand this system better than anyone

I lulz @ the pantywaists in here who moan about staying up for a 10:30 p.m. start. EDIT: Being at work tired the next morning is a badge of courage.

I have to chuckle; every other week my beer league game starts at 10:15pm. Nothing like crawling into the rack at 1:00 am all wound up from whippin up on our rivals the Firefighters.

Chicago seems to play a real Wings-style game, except with much less depth at forward and their d-men pinch in way more. Otherwise, they're all about timing point shots at the same time as the forwards crash for rebounds. It's worked for them on Luongo much better than I thought it would. Byfuglien is their Holmstrom.

I think the Wings can understand this system better than anyone

I lulz @ the pantywaists in here who moan about staying up for a 10:30 p.m. start. EDIT: Being at work tired the next morning is a badge of courage.

My issue is that the games would start about half an hour before I have to leave for work.

Good. WHEN the Wings advance I don't want to see anymore 10:30 starts.

7:30pm starts please! I enjoyed the couple I got with Anaheim playing this round. Theres enough eastern time zone games, thanks. :lol:

Thats my only reason for wanting Vancouver to win. A Detroit/Chicago series would be very fun to watch.

Did anyone catch if Luongo took part in the postgame handshake? I caught a glimpse of him leaving the bench for the lockerroom but didn't see him on the ice.

Did anyone catch if Luongo took part in the postgame handshake? I caught a glimpse of him leaving the bench for the lockerroom but didn't see him on the ice.

Yeah Luongo was the first one in line for the Canucks

Not sure if many folks have been watching, but it seems to me the Hawks have done much growing up since the regular season. For some reason, they just seem like a different team. They sure have quite a bit of depth. At least it seems that way in the playoffs. Maybe its just their matchups, but they are the one team that kinda scares me a little. With that said, I do like our chances against anyone. Also.....Lets get there first, we still have a series to try to win.

Not sure if many folks have been watching, but it seems to me the Hawks have done much growing up since the regular season. For some reason, they just seem like a different team. They sure have quite a bit of depth. At least it seems that way in the playoffs. Maybe its just their matchups, but they are the one team that kinda scares me a little. With that said, I do like our chances against anyone. Also.....Lets get there first, we still have a series to try to win.

I honestly haven't seen all that much of them, but it doesn't seem like they play a lick of defense.

A Detroit-Chicago conference final? A million times please.

I don't think I even care that much if the Hawks beat the Wings.

1) I don't think they can.

2) The Hawks played way beyond my expectations this year already, so I wouldn't be too disappointed.

On the other hand...Detroit can't just walk to the finals, can they?

A Wings-Hawks final would be a great series.

Fair enough. When your team's average age is like 19 making it to the Western Conference Finals ain't much to complain about.

van fails yet again. what did u expect. loungo got lit the f*** up. maybe he should pass the "C" onto someone eles. 7 goals!! reall? wow u fail

can wait till next round. chi-det. the bulin wall will crumble/fall yet again!