• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NEpats1028

Blackhawks On Brink of Advancing

Rate this topic

A Detroit - Chicago WCF would do wonders for the NHL TV ratings. Even though the travel is rough, i'd rather play Vancouver than Chicago. I think the Hawks are very young and energetic and very dangerous. They won the last 2 games against the Wings in the regular season (even though the Wings may have not been giving it their all).

So assuming the Wings advance, who would you rather play?

chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the bulin wall will crumble under the wings pressure. the wings seem to always run it to a strong goal tender in the playoffs. plus det vs. chi would be sick for a wcs.

LETS GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People here are way too scared of Luongo.

I completely agree, especially in the western final. If we would've gotten Vancouver in the semi's, I would be way more freaked. We should be scared of Bulin, he's done it before, like Ward versus Thomas in the Boston Carolina series. Osgood, Bulin, Ward, all great play-off goalies, who should be "feared".

But if we can break Hiller and Mason, and pull off this series in 6 games, Chicago shouldn't be too much of a problem after two very tough opponents in Calgary and Vancouver.

Guest lnvincible

Its Hawks for me. I feel that Detroit has to many weapons for them and Detroit will overpower them and Lidstrom would stick on those scores on the hawks like flys on s***. So as long as we get passed this round i see us going on to the final :)!

People here are way too scared of Luongo.

I just feel like he's capable of winning a series on his own, and they have a decent offense so that could spell trouble. Chicago and Detroit play a similar style, so I think the Wings would matchup well with them.

Having said that, I said at the beginning of this series, and I still feel like the winner of the Wings/Ducks will end up winning the whole thing.

Not against this Wings team, I guarantee you.

Did you think Giguere could single handedly sweep the Wings in '03 before the series?

What about Khabibulin? You don't think he can resurrect his insane days from the Winnipeg series?

Nah...Bulin looks beatable to me.

Edited by Trapt1307

If the Hawks are down 5-0 in the 3rd period, I don't stop watching, because they've had the mojo in the playoffs. Sick amounts of comebacks, OT wins, etc. Going up against that worries me. Vancouver, OTOH, looks like crap to me at the moment.

Guest Shoreline

Hawks are on a friggen roll. They've got one more win to go though. It's certainly feasible for the 'nucks to come back for Game 6, win, and force a Game 7 back at GM place. They're the last Canadian team, which the Canadian media makes a big hype about, so I'm not sure if them losing would suddenly make the Canadian media disinterested in the playoffs henceforth. I'm sure with Vancouver hosting the 2010 winter games there'll be pressure for the Canucks to do well, maybe follow up the games with some decent playoff performance.

Did you think Giguere could single handedly sweep the Wings in '03 before the series?

That comparison doesn't really hold. This current Wings team knows how to make life utterly miserable for any goalie in the NHL, no matter what his name is, no matter what defensive corps. is in front of him. The '03 team, in contrast, stuck to the perimeter like pansies.

Edited by Dabura

Two words and four numbers

Joel Quenneville.

1997, 1998, 2002, 2008.

I have a tough time buying into the idea that this matters, but I hope you're right.

Besides, he has a two-game winning streak on us at the moment. ;)

I think Wings-Hawks would be interesting. Every game would go scoreless through the first two periods, then both teams would realize there's a game going on and score like crazy in the third.

Also: my god do the Wings own Joel's life.

Edited by Dabura

if we play the hawks we'll win a lot of games 5-4 or 4-3. if we play vancouver we'll win a lot of games 3-2 or 2-1. both good series. hawks would be more fun and less travel. probably better for ratings; non-detroit+non-chicago but actual hockey fans will probably be more interested in a wings-hawks series. so, go hawks.