• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

Reading through the Ducks boards, I almost spilled milk through my nose from laughing so hard when I read this.

No sense getting all upset. You can't beat the league. They want Detroit, its pretty obvious if you've watchted this entire series and the funny thing is, we knew it going in. Its tough to overcome a very good team that the league wants to advance.

Really? The league wants us to advance? Okay then. rolleyes.gif
QUOTE (Datsyerberger @ January 19, 2009 - 01:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A new Lemieux-McCarty fight, as seen by internet forum posters.

Lemieux cheapshots a player with his walker, drawing the ire of D-Mac, who hobbles over. They draw their canes, salute, and cross them, then proceed to repeatedly whack eachother over the heads while hanging onto the bench with their other hands for balance. D-Mac then hits Lemieux's hip, which gives out, Lemieux feebly falls to the ground, crumpling as D-Mac continues to land barely noticeable Yoda-esque cane strikes. Lemieux's age begins catching up to him, crying "what a world, what a world..!" as he melts into a puddle of goo.

#2 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,057 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

Illitch paid Watson a small fortune to call off Hossa's late goal and put us down in the series.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#3 Turbo1

Turbo1

Prospect

• 44 posts

Aww those poor ducks fans, that is all they can come up with?

#4 WingsFan2008

WingsFan2008

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Well of course the league wouldn't want a team based in the GLA area(has about 15 million people) doing well in favor of a team in a dying city.

#5 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

If it ain't another Bettman conspiracy..

CONSPIRACIES. R. BAD.

If they wanted the Wings to win they might be calling the Ducks on about 10 more penalties a game just for interference alone. Stupid f***s.

#6 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Every teams' forums post that kind of stuff when they're losing. Look back a couple days and you'll read it here, specifically regarding game 3.

#7 Wingsin09

Wingsin09

Is that a belly button I smell?

• HoF Booster
  • 50 posts

******* hilarious. Tried to reply but they turned of my posting permission.
An honest brew makes it's own friends. John Molson 1786

#8 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

Every fan base says that. How many times have you seen LGW'ers saying the same sort of thing? That's just normal message board stuff. smile.gif

#9 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

QUOTE (Echolalia @ May 10, 2009 - 08:02PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every teams' forums post that kind of stuff when they're losing. Look back a couple days and you'll read it here, specifically regarding game 3.

Shhhh. Don't ruin my fun. dry.gif tongue.gif

Lemieux cheapshots a player with his walker, drawing the ire of D-Mac, who hobbles over. They draw their canes, salute, and cross them, then proceed to repeatedly whack eachother over the heads while hanging onto the bench with their other hands for balance. D-Mac then hits Lemieux's hip, which gives out, Lemieux feebly falls to the ground, crumpling as D-Mac continues to land barely noticeable Yoda-esque cane strikes. Lemieux's age begins catching up to him, crying "what a world, what a world..!" as he melts into a puddle of goo.

#10 Wingsallwin

Wingsallwin

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

I think he(or she) forgot where Cindy belongs to and Pronger belongs to blink.gif
My MSN: kim.kang@hotmail.com

Go Wings Go!

#11 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

QUOTE (Echolalia @ May 10, 2009 - 05:02PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hah, yeah, or how it's Bettman's fault Versus won't show every single Wings WCQF/WCSF game. laugh.gif

I wouldn't confuse superstition (fun) with conspiracy theories (stupid).

#12 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,057 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Echolalia @ May 10, 2009 - 07:02PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be fair, our complaints were generally more justified.

The Ducks got away with a s***-ton today, and they still couldn't win.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#13 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Wingsin09 @ May 10, 2009 - 08:02PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
******* hilarious. Tried to reply but they turned of my posting permission.

You got further than I did. They didn't even validate my account. dry.gif

#14 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Broken 16 @ May 10, 2009 - 08:03PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every fan base says that. How many times have you seen LGW'ers saying the same sort of thing? That's just normal message board stuff. smile.gif

I don't recall anybody saying the league wanted the Ducks to win.. but I know that LGW gets pretty damn pathetic after a loss.

#15 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

What would really be ironic is if Pens fans or maybe even Caps fans were to say that.

#16 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

It's Now or Never, Kenny....

• Silver Booster
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

Yea, its soooo obvious they want us to win. Right up to the waived off goal in game 3 rolleyes.gif

Edited by ShanahanMan, 10 May 2009 - 07:15 PM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#17 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (ShanahanMan @ May 10, 2009 - 05:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, its soooo obvious they want us to win. Right up to the waived off goal in game 3 rolleyes.gif

It was all part of the grand scheme of things. ph34r.gif

Edited by Shoreline, 10 May 2009 - 07:21 PM.

#18 CUJO#31

CUJO#31

Yeah I still like Cujo!!! ;o)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

No sense getting all upset. You can't beat the league. They want Detroit, its pretty obvious if you've watchted this entire series and the funny thing is, we knew it going in. Its tough to overcome a very good team that the league wants to advance.

What is this D-Bags excuse for this then???!!!???
scared.gif

Yeah...I thought so...
YAWN!!!

#19 drfnr14

drfnr14

OZZY, WITH THE SAVE!!!!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:28 PM

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww this makes the victory so much sweet!

#20 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,241 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Broken 16 @ May 10, 2009 - 08:03PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think we've ever ignored anything like Anaheim scoring, getting it disallowed, and then Anaheim getting a bunch of BS penalties and then claiming that they were being favored.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.