• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

drfnr14

chris chelios last game?

Rate this topic

well as u saw in game 5 today chris chelios was a healthy scratch.

do you guys think game 4 was his last game as a wing? or even in the NHL?

-discuss-

Actually a rather interesting tid bit that I didn't think about until you brought it up. I have a strange feeling no, as I could see him playing for a different team next year, but if I had to put money on it. I'd say Friday was his last NHL barring a several injuries.

He has said he would still like to continue playing. It looks very unlikely it will be with the Wings, but some team will pick him up to teach their young defensemen some things. LA looks like a fit. He has a house there, he knows Quincey, and he could teach their young defensemen.

well as u saw in game 5 today chris chelios was a healthy scratch.

do you guys think game 4 was his last game as a wing? or even in the NHL?

-discuss-

I have hopes he will coach somewhere instead of playing forever.

If he wants to play one more year it'd be nice to see him get a chance to play in Chicago with an up and coming team for say 20-30 games a year for 6-8 minutes a night.

He's earned no less.

He has been in the league too long for that. Someone would pick him up.

He has deceptive speed but it's still not that fast. I don't really see any team interested in picking him up to be a #6 dman. At best he'll get a reserve dman role and if that's the case then why not be that guy on a two-way contract for the team he's been with for the past 10 years?

has he said he would leave for a different team instead of retiring?

I know he came here from Chicago - after swearing he never ever would, too - but I have a hard time picturing him with a different team at this point in time. He has a lot of roots in Detroit now. Who takes care of Cheli's Chili?

I am more interested to see who will sit when or if Raffie comes back... Will #52 or #14 sit... I am thinking #52 is here to stay.

Thats not a discussion anymore. Not only will Meech sit over Ericsson, but if in some strange world Rafalski AND Lilja came back, then Lebda is going to sit in favor of Ericsson.

I am more interested to see who will sit when or if Raffie comes back... Will #52 or #14 sit... I am thinking #52 is here to stay.

#52 is on this team to stay and wont be missing any games for this team for many years to come unless he gets hurt!! He is playing 20+ minutes a game. I dont think we will miss Meech's 3:19 he logged today.

Guest lilja4mvp

are you sniffing glue? there's no decision to be made. ericsson looks better than kronwall...yeah, babcock will consider sitting him for derek meech. 2qdr29u.gif

He has deceptive speed but it's still not that fast. I don't really see any team interested in picking him up to be a #6 dman. At best he'll get a reserve dman role and if that's the case then why not be that guy on a two-way contract for the team he's been with for the past 10 years?

Chelios is still capable of playing in this league. THe Wings just had many more options. Other teams don't. A team that needs an anchor for their D will pick him up. He's been great in the playoffs so far, and I've always felt comfortable with him on the ice in a crucial situation.

Chelios, the greatest American defenseman ever, will keep on trucking. He'd be a solid 5th or 6th D-man for quite a few teams in the league, if he wanted to go to a team he knew had no chance of winning anything. That's the big question.

He's too much of a competitor to go to a loser this late in his career. Chicago is a possibility, if they need him.

I know I'll be sad to see him go, though. My very first jersey was the red CCM Chelios jersey. Aside from Yzerman, he was my first hockey "hero' growing up.

Chelios has no plans to retire at this point. He has said as much in numerous interviews. He has no problem taking a more limited role, or making less money. So, its pretty much guaranteed that he'll be around until he's done. Maybe the wings won't keep him around, but he's not done in the league.

Guest CaliWingsNut
Do you guys think Chelios does steroids? I do.

Look up his offseason workout info.... I wouldn't doubt that he has taken them in the past, but with a routine like his... you don't need em.