• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jpd88

Pasha flipping puck over net to Cleary

Rate this topic

So I was studying for exams last night and had one of the live streams going on my computer so I could watch the game. Pavel has been my favorite player for the past 8 years and I heard he made an unbelievable play behind the net, flipping the puck over the net and almost scoring. Does anyone have a video of this? I didnt see it live last night and I really want to see what happened. Hopefully someone can help me out and lets get pumped for Tuesday night.

So I was studying for exams last night and had one of the live streams going on my computer so I could watch the game. Pavel has been my favorite player for the past 8 years and I heard he made an unbelievable play behind the net, flipping the puck over the net and almost scoring. Does anyone have a video of this? I didnt see it live last night and I really want to see what happened. Hopefully someone can help me out and lets get pumped for Tuesday night.

didn't really almost score... the press is making a bigger deal out of it than need be... inventive attempt, but it didn't get anywhere really...

it was a great shift though

. It was a sweet move, pity it didn't turn into a goal. Datsyuk had a great game and he's bound to break out of his scoring funk soon. Edited by IrishWing19

tough call on what Pavel was trying to do... and ONLY Pav knows for sure.

bank it off Hiller to trickle down his back and in

flip in front for Cleary, or

pass out front to himself (as he followed it around the net)

tough call on what Pavel was trying to do... and ONLY Pav knows for sure.

bank it off Hiller to trickle down his back and in

flip in front for Cleary, or

pass out front to himself (as he followed it around the net)

i think he was trying to come around himself... you see him skate to get to the front but hes interfered with on the way preventing him from getting there...

Whether it was close or not, the whole league is going to hear about it. And you know what? Now some D-men are going to start thinking about it when he is behind the net, I guarantee you that. That will open a little bit of room for other plays. Also, I am NA and I love cheering for NA players, but it seems like Euros are much more inventive about what you can do with the puck. If Hudler's in front of the net, maybe there is more of an attempt by a Wing to bat that in. Cleary just kind of stood there. Finally, that was 5 on 5? That looked like a powerplay! I didn't get to watch the game either, but after watching that, I feel much better about Pavel not scoring.

I think Redmond pointed out something about it... about how it could have been interferance on the Ducks Dman, but then again, Pav almost could have gotten whistled for tripping...

It was still pretty damn cool..

thats what we've come to expect from the man known as Pavel Datsyuk. we were in fits over that whole shift at my house, i think it was literally close to 3 minutes in their zone. scoring or not, thats gotta be embarassing for the ducks.

Ovechkin was hailed as the king of the NHL for doing that trick-shootout move in the All-Star game last year where he juggled the puck a few times and missed it completely on the shot. This was just as cool imo.

Despite failing to reach the puck and get a scoring chance, it was impressive and something not many players would think of doing. Especially not in what is essentially a must-win game in the playoffs.

That shift was probably the best he's had in the playoffs btw. Just dominant.

He's definitely trying to pass to himself here. It's not anything that's out of the ordinary at the lower levels of hockey, but the defenseman for the Ducks read that the whole way and got his stick on it. Not to minimize Datsyuk at all. He's a very creative player, it's just what the other guy said about the media crapping themselves over it.

I originally thought he tried to roll it down Hiller's back. But FSN Detroit showed another angle where Cleary was very clearly calling for the pass and motioned with his stick to flip it over the net. Dan was making a motion that kind of looked like "up and over" and Dats did it immediately following. I'd look for the TSN replay somewhere to see it.

Maybe Datsyuk should've tried this:

Wouldn't even be very hard for him with the hands he has. This video is from a Finnish League's game. Rob Hisey is the goal scorer.

Ive watched this like 10 times and I cant see the puck go in the net

Whether it was close or not, the whole league is going to hear about it. And you know what? Now some D-men are going to start thinking about it when he is behind the net, I guarantee you that. That will open a little bit of room for other plays. Also, I am NA and I love cheering for NA players, but it seems like Euros are much more inventive about what you can do with the puck. If Hudler's in front of the net, maybe there is more of an attempt by a Wing to bat that in. Cleary just kind of stood there. Finally, that was 5 on 5? That looked like a powerplay! I didn't get to watch the game either, but after watching that, I feel much better about Pavel not scoring.

Euro fans are probably saying NA players are more creative after watching that Ontario boy Rob Hisey vid in Finland. :ph34r:

The grass is always greener.

Euro fans are probably saying NA players are more creative after watching that Ontario boy Rob Hisey vid in Finland. :ph34r:

The grass is always greener.

Yeah, what is up with that guy? He has some highlight goals, but I couldn't find who had his rights. Is he just a trick shot sort of guy with not enough talent to take that to the NHL?

Was a sweet move for sure. My son watched it as they replayed it over and over. Dats will score soon. He's just in a funk but it will end. My prediction is tomorrow night.

Maybe Datsyuk should've tried this:

Wouldn't even be very hard for him with the hands he has. This video is from a Finnish League's game. Rob Hisey is the goal scorer.

That has been done to death by all kinds of different showboating players. Hell, Robert Nilsson has done it, that says it all!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Pavel is better than that goal, he's an inventor, not a copycat.

Hisey and Nilsson scored, Datsyuk didn't.

He didn't score on that specific move, you're right. He also happened to try it in a Game 5 of the Stanley Cup playoffs, not in some beer-league regular season game.

And my point is just that Pavel doesn't have a habit of imitating cool moves that someone else has done, he comes up with his own stuff.

You know, "Datsyukian-dekes". If I mention "The Datsyuk-move", most people who are into hockey know exactly what I mean.