• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ruys92

Abdelkader's First Playoff Goal?

Rate this topic

Just looking from highlights of last nights game.. It looks like Abdy may have tipped the shot. If someone has the game recorded you will see exactly what I am talking about. This would have been his first goal.

The more I watch it I really think he tipped it. Take a look at this great angle.

Mickey says it hits Hillers blocker but I disagree.. it definitely looks like it hit Abdys stick

Edited by Ruys92

Hm. Impossible to tell. It looks like he could have tipped it but that HD angle isn't 100% clear and it's the best of the replays.. If he thinks he got it he might get someone from management to petition a change. I don't think it'll happen 'cause he probably doesn't care.

What I love is that Franzen isn't even looking at the net when he snipes the corner. How many guys can stand over a toilet, look straight at it and still miss (you wives can probably answer this best), and this guy snipes the corner from fifty feet without looking.

Hm. Impossible to tell. It looks like he could have tipped it but that HD angle isn't 100% clear and it's the best of the replays.. If he thinks he got it he might get someone from management to petition a change. I don't think it'll happen 'cause he probably doesn't care.

What I love is that Franzen isn't even looking at the net when he snipes the corner. How many guys can stand over a toilet, look straight at it and still miss (you wives can probably answer this best), and this guy snipes the corner from fifty feet without looking.

But can Franzen pee in a toilet without missing? Because if he can't, maybe I can snipe the corner of a net form fifty feet without looking. My dream of playing NHL hockey can live on as long as I never find out Franzen's urinating abilities.

Edited by Decoy Jones

But can Franzen pee in a toilet without missing? Because if he can't, maybe I can snipe the corner of a net form fifty feet without looking. My dream of playing NHL hockey can live on as long as I never find out Franzen's urinating abilities.

My dream of going through the rest of my life not being driven insane by images in my head that I don't want can live on as long as I never find out Franzen's urinating abilities.

My dream of going through the rest of my life not being driven insane by images in my head that I don't want can live on as long as I never find out Franzen's urinating abilities.

Maybe they call him Mule because he pees like a horse.

Why would he have to look at the net? It's not moving. It's in the same place at all times. If you know exactly where you are on the ice, you should know exactly where the corners of the net are.

Why would he have to look at the net? It's not moving. It's in the same place at all times. If you know exactly where you are on the ice, you should know exactly where the corners of the net are.

Bored again huh? Cool post. :thumbup:

Back on topic - it didn't seem to be tipped to me. Didn't seem to change direction until after it passed his stick, but it's not the greatest angle to judge from.

I ran it frame by frame, but it is hard to tell. Abdelkader's stick is black near the end, and the puck gets lost in it. It sort of looks like a tweak in direction, once it is near his stick, but it doesn't change much, if at all. It may have grazed his stick or went right over it. I would assume that if he touched it, they would have changed it. The Wings are usually good about those things.

I gotta say, it REALLY looks like Abds goal to me. Even after I went back to my DVR to watched it on my big screen (92 inch projection screen) I gotta agree with everyone who says Abdelkader tipped it. You can even tell cause as the puck comes off of Franzens stick, the puck is spiraling perfectly flat and as SOON as it grazes Abdelkaders stick, it starts to go on edge and roll in the air.

You can even faintly see it on the YouTube video above, but it is MUCH clearer on such a big tv.

Truthfully though, I'm glad this hasn't been noticed until now. Had the refs or the guys in the war room seen that, it might have been reviewed and declared to be a high stick (lord knows the war room doesnt get everything right). So, i'm glad they gave it to Franzen.