• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pretty Irish Girl

Who are the Black Aces?

Rate this topic

OK, I was wondering of someone could explain who the "Black Aces" are and what is their role in the playoffs? Do they suit up on game night or are they in the press box? How does the salery cap come into effect with them?Please enlighten me!

The Black Aces are the kids the Wings called up from Grand Rapids (I.E. Leino, Abdelkader, etc.) once their season came to an end. Leino and the rest of the call-ups that didn't make the game roster watch from the locker room or the pressbox on the road.

The cap doesn't exist once the playoffs begin.

The Black Aces are the kids the Wings called up from Grand Rapids (I.E. Leino, Abdelkader, etc.) once their season came to an end. Leino and the rest of the call-ups that didn't make the game roster watch from the locker room or the pressbox on the road.

The cap doesn't exist once the playoffs begin.

But if you're not careful they're bust a cap!!

They're a rowdy towdy bunch of men on choppers that ride into town on a full moon and flask full of whiskey. You don't want to be associating yourself with those bunch because they're nothing but trouble.

^This. :thumbup:

Edited by Chase

They're a rowdy towdy bunch of men on choppers that ride into town on a full moon and flask full of whiskey. You don't want to be associating yourself with those bunch because they're nothing but trouble.

Well if thats the case, then I KNOW I would like them :)

NHL and below teams fifth- and sixth-liners have been wearing black practice jerseys since Grapes coached.

Or, it's a book with all the African-American pitchers who have won 20 games, as Jim "Mudcat" Grant displays.

mudcat_grant.jpg

no seriously who are they....? McCarty, Downey, Leino, J Howard, Kindl (future star) and ken kal mentioned a Russian Dman but he forgot his name... Who is he?!?

no seriously who are they....? McCarty, Downey, Leino, J Howard, Kindl (future star) and ken kal mentioned a Russian Dman but he forgot his name... Who is he?!?

Sergei Kolosov (drafted as Siarhei Kolasau). He's from Belarus. Big, mean (or at least used to be), decently skating, defensive defenseman. Sort of fell off the radar as he wasn't quite good enough to be signed for Grand Rapids a few years ago so he went back to Europe. GR's coach, Fraser, happened to coach the Belarussian World Championship team and Kolosov impressed there so he recommended him to Nill and Holland when he was signed to coach the Griffins, that Sergei was worth another look. They brought him over and he's been sort of a Lilly in training. Nothing to be exceedingly excited about, but every team needs a Lilly for the bottom half of the defensive group.

Sergei Kolosov (drafted as Siarhei Kolasau). He's from Belarus. Big, mean (or at least used to be), decently skating, defensive defenseman. Sort of fell off the radar as he wasn't quite good enough to be signed for Grand Rapids a few years ago so he went back to Europe. GR's coach, Fraser, happened to coach the Belarussian World Championship team and Kolosov impressed there so he recommended him to Nill and Holland when he was signed to coach the Griffins, that Sergei was worth another look. They brought him over and he's been sort of a Lilly in training. Nothing to be exceedingly excited about, but every team needs a Lilly for the bottom half of the defensive group.

Ah! Good call man, I've heard of him. I kept thinking Russian Dman? Dmitri Bykov?!? Haha

Thought Sergei was real young, 21-22 but it sounds like he's much older with his history you just explained...

I can't wait for Kindl to develop and come up... 6'3, 220... Brad Stuart size, though his +/- has been rough in GR... If he can pull it together defensively, hell be a rock for years to come.

Any update on Brendan Smith too?

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

speaking of mccarty..the wings are calling him up..

wooo

i miss mccarty

hes from where i live! :D

Am i the only one who is bummed we drafted Brendan Smith instead of Nick Petrecki?

Brendan Smith has been so unlucky with injuries at Wisconsin, it's difficult to see what he's really made of