• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 6 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Ducks 2

Rate this topic

I am wondering by giving Perry a Roughing Penalty instead of an Instigator if this is the cop-out for not giving him a suspension acording to the NHL RULES?

Yep. The refs are terrified to give the instigator penalty, even when deserved (as it was in 2 or 3 cases tonight- Neidavacation, Getzlaf and Perrythepussy).

I have zero, ZERO confidence that the NHL will hand out suspensions to Neidavacation, Getzlaf or Perrythepussy. Getzlaf's vaginal behaviour against Hossa wasn't so terrible, but Neidavacation's cheap shot was utterly gutless and Perrythepussy's actions fulfilled the very definition of 'instigator'.

Lets see if the NHL is a legit league--if this is not applied the league is a COMPLETE JOKE!!

There weren't any instigators handed out, so no dice.

When was the last time the Wings won an elimination game?

Games 6 and 7 versus Colorado.

I'm not too sure about some of the other vets like Rafalski or Stuart, but Nick has played in five Game 7s.

If I remember correctly, the Wings did not have any game 7 since the last game 7 of the Western Conference Final against the Avs. That time, the Wings beat the Avs by 7-0.

As the past story, the Wings did not show up. However, there will be no excuse anymore. If you do not show up, you get f***ed up. That is a deal. The Wings never showed up in the game. They looked ******* lost and never wanted anything. They lost every battle on the corner and the board and did not do anything hard enough to win the game. It was a joke of s*it that the Wings thought they would take this series that easily in the ELIMINATION GAME.

Whatever, it is meaningless to repeat the work the Wings have done in game 6. Prepare for game 7. There will be nothing left. It is do or die. If you win, you go up. If you lose, you go down. The Wings ******* have to be perfect in that game.

The list of crappy players right now:

Datsyuk-Play too cute

Kronwall-Crap as usual in the season

Samuelsson-Same as Kronwall

Zetterberg-Invisible except for empty net

Hossa-Nothing happened except for 2 goals in game 4

Everyone has to ******* show up in game 7. I am sick of watching the Wings look lost in the PLAYOFF. The more disappointed fact is that the Ducks were not even that good but because the Wings did not show up in the game, they lost.

Our best players have to play like our best players. What the f*** is going on?

Despite the 'L', I'm not bothered by it.

Steve Yzerman always use to say, the 4th win is always the hardest to win... and he is 100% correct. And guess what, Ducks ain't getting that 4th win, not in our house.

Again....

Your optimism is humbling.

And I've been saving up my "you were right" for AFTER a Series Victory.

Hopefully I'll have occasion......

Last year the Wings won three game 6's on the road, and came out with a killer instinct for each game.

This team showed tonight how glaringly different they are from last year's team. It's lazy efforts like tonight that separate the contenders from the pretenders.

In all fairness...(and I'm pissed, myself.....), please bear in mind that last year, the Wings didn't play a Team that was one year removed from sullying the Cup with the filthy paws.

The scumbags know "what it takes", too....

Last year the Wings won three game 6's on the road, and came out with a killer instinct for each game.

This team showed tonight how glaringly different they are from last year's team. It's lazy efforts like tonight that separate the contenders from the pretenders.

Oh man you got it- the Wings literally won 50% of their series last year in the first elimination game. They did so against the SexualPredators and the Avalanche. The Stars? Nope. The Pens? Apparently someone forgets the game 5 OT loss.

Unfortunately my version of the game was from the Ducks Fox Sports channel (Fox Sports Pacific) but both announcers made a point to say that the post-game antics could lead to suspensions.

Regardless, we've all seen what Neidermayer did to Datsyuk with the ridiculous elbow...

Anyway, it doesn't look like either of the refs saw the elbow, but they sure saw a lot of other things...

20:00ANACorey Perry : Roughing - 2 min

20:00ANACorey Perry : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

20:00ANACorey Perry : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min

20:00ANAScott Niedermayer : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

20:00ANATodd Marchant : Game misconduct - 0 min

20:00ANARyan Getzlaf : Hooking - 2 min

20:00ANARyan Getzlaf : Roughing - 2 min

20:00DETPavel Datsyuk : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

20:00DETBrian Rafalski : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

I'm not sure what Marchant did. I'm blown away that Pronger stayed out of it. Let's see if the NHL grows a set and suspends one of those high-profile player for a game 7... I'm not holding my breath.

Link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2008030236

There is no chance anyone is suspended. If Scott Walker can't get suspended, no one here will.

The amount of s*** we have seen in several series this year makes Chris Pronger's two suspensions in 2007 look pretty much like honourable and clean play.

Hmmm... does any of this...

NHL rulebook - (NEW for 2005-06) A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime, shall be assessed an instigator minor penalty, a major for fighting, a ten minute misconduct and an automatic one-game suspension. The length of suspension will double for each ... Read Moresubsequent offense. In addition, the player's coach shall be fined $10,000 -- a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

...apply here?

NHL rulebook - (NEW for 2005-06) A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime, shall be assessed an instigator minor penalty, a major for fighting, a ten minute misconduct and an automatic one-game suspension. The length of suspension will double for each ... Read Moresubsequent offense. In addition, the player's coach shall be fined $10,000 -- a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

...apply here?

Bye bye Perry and Marchant?

Bye bye Perry and Marchant?

I was going to post that same quote, but add in a small fact. I got it actually from http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...on/?eref=sircrc , an article about how Scott Walker got off with only a fine after something which clearly fits the criteria of this rule. I would give any of the Ducks players under a 1% chance of being suspended, and probably a 10% chance of being fined.

The moral of the story is the NHL needs to get their s*** together, if you're not going to adhere to rules then remove them so that you don't look terrible when you get called out in a dozen places after incidents.

...apply here?

You're right. Specifically its rule 47.22. If the NHL follows their rules AT ALL, at least one player from the Ducks will be suspended.

You'd think SOMETHING would happen. Every TV channel the game was on (Fox Sports West, Fox Sports Detroit, Versus, TSN) thought the Ducks just started throwing punches at the end of the game. Most of them all said they could see suspensions coming. I know its game 7 and all but COME ON.

...apply here?

I don't see why it wouldn't, but who knows? The whole conspiracy debate would start up again. I would rather beat this team at its full potential on thursday.