• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Chicago Columnist: Blackhawks should want no part of Wings

Rate this topic

Hilarious article...

Anaheim is on a hot streak...it's hard to stop a team when they're on that kind of momentum. I mean, the Hawks have proven they can take Detroit this year, haven't they? Hawks are on some serious Wheaties-and-Red-Bull momentum now, so whether it be the Ducks or the Wings, I think it will be a 6-game series with the Hawks prevailing.

We want the Wings because they're the ideal team to beat....the "Russians" to our 1980 USA team.

Posted by: JayKo | May 12, 2009 1:32:03 PM]

the "Russians" to our 1980 USA team. lol??? apparently michigan turned into russia

The villainous Wings have won four Cups going back to 1997. The Hawks have won only three Cups in their history. In. Their. History.

Since the diabolic Wings started winning their four Cups again 12 years ago, the Hawks have won only two playoff series -- series, not Cups, do you hear me? -- and both of them came in the last month.

The Wings are a playoff-savvy team. The Hawks need a treat parent.

Good stuff.

Very eye-openning article for Chi-town faithful. I realize anything could happen in the playoffs, so on and so forth. But did you see how many times the Blackhawks have trailed and been allowed to come back by Calgary and Vancouver? They were given games. And when they had the lead, they didn't exactly hold steadfast either. We still have another win to get in this series and its going to be tough as hell tonite, but here's hoping for a original six "Lets Go Red Wings" vs. "Detroit Sucks" WCF.

steve i used to live in chicago and now i live in right outside of detroit and wings fans have seen what the hawks did to kiprusoff and luongo, and they dont like the idea of having to face the red-hot hawks. i mean didnt the hawks win the season series? trust me if they can beat luongo and kiprusoff, they can surely take down the bum that is chris oschoke as hes refered to here.

This is my favorite quote from the Hawks fans responses. I don't think the Hawks won the season series, I could be wrong. I don't think I have heard Osgood referred to as Oschoke at all, if ever. Don't think the Wings are too worried about what the Hawks did to Kiprusoff and Luongo. I seem to remember a Dallas Stars team that did the same thing to JS Giguere and Gene Nabokov and the Wings steam rolled out to a 3 games to 0 lead before finishing it off in 6. I am not saying that the Hawks team is worse or better than that Stars team, but they knocked off teams that were supposed to beat them as well, and it seems that the Hawks are expecting the same from Detroit. They better hope Anaheim pulls it out because if they face Detroit in the WCF, they will be lucky to win 1 game. As a matter of fact I will give them game 4 in Chicago, but no more. Anaheim has been and will be our biggest adversity in these playoffs. Wile we're at it, lets put our hands together for a Washington win upcoming and Boston to come back and win that series. The World cannot wait for a Detroit/Boston Stanley Cup Final...

the "Russians" to our 1980 USA team. lol??? apparently michigan turned into russia

But if the Hawks fans are comparing our Detroit Red Wings domination to that of the Red Army in the 70's and 80's then I will take that comparison. The Wings have been dominate thats for sure, but Red Army dominate? What a compliment! Thanks! Unfortunately, I am not thinking there will be a second miracle on ice, why? 1980 USA/Red Army was ONE game to advance. You have to play us best of 7, winning 4 to advance. Nobody can beat this Red (Army) Wings team in a 7 game series, nobody. They can have their beating us the last two games of the season, because the last win of the playoffs will Detroit closing out the series in game 5, moving on once again tho their 6th SCF appearance in 12 years.

(of course we still have to finish up business in Anaheim. So I guess for arguments sake (since the Hawks are already in he WCF) until we finish of Anaheim, they have a better shot at winning the Cup. But that is like saying, I lost everything in the Stock market, but at least I didn't invest my own money.))

I don't think the Hawks won the season series, I could be wrong.

They didn't, and did in fact lose the season series, but only by technicality. The Wings won four times and lost twice, but two of those wins were in a shootout.

It's neither here nor there, being that it was only the regular season. From what I've seen, the Hawks are a run and gun team, which doesn't bode well for them if they run afoul with the Wings. I'll have more to say after tonight, hopefully. :)

Abominable

Dreaded

Evil

Vexing

Beastly

Villainous

Diabolic

Playoff-Savvy

Clinical

Poised

Disciplined

Agonizing

Pernicious

I think that dude ran out of adjectives...

Edited by Broken 16

That guy is right on.

The Hawks fan that are writing in and calling him a moron are bandwagon fans who care more about a "good game" and "beating the best" than a win. Give me a break -- I am hippy-dippy-skippy-happy if every team Detroit faces in the playoffs is decimated by injuries. Give me the easiest road possible, thank you.

I read this article on the Orange County Register; it is another one that pays a lot of respect to the Wings organization. It is a well written article, considering it was published in the county of your "enemy." Good read though.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/pick-wi...terberg-through

Have to agree, that is a really good article. This point really stands out and speaks volumes about their ability to pick out good talent:

The Red Wings haven't had a first-round pick as high as No. 10 since 1991 (Martin Lapointe). Since then they have had only one Top 20 pick, Jakub Kindl at No. 19 in 2005.

That guy is right on.

The Hawks fan that are writing in and calling him a moron are bandwagon fans who care more about a "good game" and "beating the best" than a win. Give me a break -- I am hippy-dippy-skippy-happy if every team Detroit faces in the playoffs is decimated by injuries. Give me the easiest road possible, thank you.

That's because we're a bunch of "soft euros." We couldn't possibly beat a good team with our goaltending.;)

Edited by MidMichSteve

I think the fans make more sense. In order for the Hawks to get to the point where they're ready to hoist Sr. Stanley, they have to prove they're the dominant team. They might have to lose to the Wings a few times before that day arrives, just like the Wings had to lose to Colorado and New Jersey (both cup champions) before they were ready. The Hawks need playoff experience. No better place to get it than at the JOE BABY!!!!! LGW