• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cboth686

What's Up with Datsyuk

Rate this topic

He is not injured. He is simply being marginalized by a bigger, and more physical team.

Just like he was against the 2007 Sharks, 2007 Flames and 2007 Ducks? I seem to remember him being nearly a point per game player against those teams.

This would be his second bad performance. The last one- he had to have fluid drained from his thigh in between periods.

He sucked in 2003, 2004 and 2006.

He needs to have fluid pumped into his heart for the way he's played in this series.

Can we give the Ducks a little credit for great D against him? Or did he magically just start sucking?

great players find a way to get things done. that's what separates them. besides, datsyuk did nothing last series. in fact, since he had a shot at 100 points with 97 points and three games left in the regular season, datsyuk has completely buckled.

great players find a way to get things done. that's what separates them. besides, datsyuk did nothing last series. in fact, since he had a shot at 100 points with 97 points and three games left in the regular season, datsyuk has completely buckled.

I take it you two aren't friends anymore?

I take it you two aren't friends anymore?

lol. yeah, i can't even put into words how disappointing he's been this post season. i don't like to call him out, but he's been the most under-performing wing by far. he is supposed to lead our offense, that's his job, that's why he's making the big bucks, and he's sitting at, what, 20th or so on team scoring. that's team scoring, not league scoring. it's just inexcusable. if we're sent packing thursday it's going to fall on him. everybody else, with the possible exception of hossa, is doing their job.

Wow please pass whatever you are smoking if you are saying Dats has no heart. Besides Helm he has been the hardest working wing this series.

Whatever I'm smoking isn't nearly as powerful as what Datsyuk is on right now.

If Helm is the only guy playing better than expected, then we're really in trouble, since it means our star players are underachieving. Helm is a freaking 4th liner.

Malkin = 0 Cups

Ovechkin = 0 Cups

Crosby = 0 Cups

And these losers play in the EASTERN conference.

Datsyuk = 2 Cups

Seriously though. All you spoiled armchair hockey geniuses need to quit s***ting on Datsyuk.

It's a team game and the blame after a game like tonight spreads thick and deep.

FOR INSTANCE, I'd rather lick Scott Neidermeyer's palm sweat off Datsyuk's head then have to watch Kronwall play another game like this last one. And that's just one example.

Ducks are doing a good job shutting down Dats, and his confidence took a hit.

Dats is still doing all the little things that matters, I have no worries about him, he's a competitor like non other.

we need dats to do the big things that matter. that's his role. he is supposed to carry, or at least help carry this team when it needs it. that's why he's here. we need him to do the big things that matter. he might only have one more game this year to answer the call, and a big reason for that is because he hasn't been pulling his weight.

lol. yeah, i can't even put into words how disappointing he's been this post season. i don't like to call him out, but he's been the most under-performing wing by far. he is supposed to lead our offense, that's his job, that's why he's making the big bucks, and he's sitting at, what, 20th or so on team scoring. that's team scoring, not league scoring. it's just inexcusable. if we're sent packing thursday it's going to fall on him. everybody else, with the possible exception of hossa, is doing their job.

I made a comment in the GDT about the top 6 disappearing. But you know, now that I really think about it, it's pretty much down to Datsyuk and Holmstrom. And maybe Flip if you want to include him. Hank's been producing. Mule's been Mule. I've been disappointed with Hossa, but he's got a couple of goals in this series.

You'd think that'd be enough to get us through. I think the reason it's not (arguably) is because of the role Datsyuk's carved out for himself -- specifically, as a guy that makes things happen, makes the people around him better. As we're seeing, when he struggles, everyone around feels the effects. No one more than Homer.

Edited by Dabura

A non scoring Datsyuk is better than Holmstrom, Cleary, and Sammy right now. The guy is the best defensive forward in the game and is still creating chances the puck just isnt going in. Far from a choker

cleary has been far better than datsyuk throughout this series.

Wings are the deepest team in the league. IF we can't win with all this wonderful depth (as a team) that Holland was so kind of bringing here, then we don't deserve to win.

The depth players have done a nice job in my eyes. Hudler's got 3 points in this series, so does Sammy, Cleary, and Flip. Hank and Mule have scored every night.

The now deposed top-line of Datsyuk, Hossa, and Homer are the only top-9 forwards in this series to record two points or less.

I can't believe some of these people are watching the same games I am. It's amazing how ANYONE can blame Datsyuk for our troubles. The guy gets the puck and is immediately hooked, swarmed, stabbed, slashed, and grabbed at center ice by 2 Ducks. Why can they do this? Because HOLMSTROM CANNOT SKATE AND CANNOT SCORE. There is absolutely no threat of anyone BUT Zetterberg, so the Ducks can afford to stick 2 guys in the neutral zone on the puck carrier and one other guy hooking the other. Holmstrom won't be involved in the play until 2 seconds after all the garbage happens to Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and even if by some miracle, the puck rolled over to him, he couldn't do anything with it anyway. It would take less than 3 strides for Neidermayer to catch up to Holmstrom. It's absolutely ridiculous to slow your two best players down with Ninety-SUX. But Babs won't lose his Holmstrom Stiffy. Like most of the fans on here, he's got a Homer love affair going to. So let's just hope the other 3 lines come through in game 7. If they don't, it's golf season.

he flat out dominated the entire 3rd period, where's his finishers at, Hossa? Holmstrom? he's not the only one to blame, he played incredible in the 3rd tonight

Exactly, he can't do it all himself. Especially when he's got a bulls-eye on his back. He's been one of the best players on the ice.

The Wings, the deepest team? Yes But what the f*** is going on; nothing is working out there? When the depth matters, that is the occasion when your best players come up to play. The thing is, Datsyuk has been crap all playoff. Same with Hossa and Zetterberg. The least criticism is on Zetterberg because he scored some goals; but mostly, EMPTY NET GOALS, who the f*** cares.

Datsyuk seriously has to do something. Hossa has to do something. Zetterberg has to do something. What the f*** is going on our best players again?

I can't believe some of these people are watching the same games I am. It's amazing how ANYONE can blame Datsyuk for our troubles. The guy gets the puck and is immediately hooked, swarmed, stabbed, slashed, and grabbed at center ice by 2 Ducks. Why can they do this? Because HOLMSTROM CANNOT SKATE AND CANNOT SCORE. There is absolutely no threat of anyone BUT Zetterberg, so the Ducks can afford to stick 2 guys in the neutral zone on the puck carrier and one other guy hooking the other. Holmstrom won't be involved in the play until 2 seconds after all the garbage happens to Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and even if by some miracle, the puck rolled over to him, he couldn't do anything with it anyway. It would take less than 3 strides for Neidermayer to catch up to Holmstrom. It's absolutely ridiculous to slow your two best players down with Ninety-SUX. But Babs won't lose his Holmstrom Stiffy. Like most of the fans on here, he's got a Homer love affair going to. So let's just hope the other 3 lines come through in game 7. If they don't, it's golf season.

Are you just copying and pasting this into every thread?

Ducks are doing a good job shutting down Dats, and his confidence took a hit.

Dats is still doing all the little things that matters, I have no worries about him, he's a competitor like non other.

I'm sorry, that argument works for anyone besides a Hart finalist.

He is completely snakebitten right now, and it's terrible to watch. He's been my favorite Red Wing since his rookie season, and it sucks that his hard work; probably the hardest on this team with the exception of Helm; has gone completely unrewarded.

Word,

LDi03

If Helm is the only guy playing better than expected, then we're really in trouble, since it means our star players are underachieving. Helm is a freaking 4th liner.

Not playing better than expected is underachieving now? :rolleyes:

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that there's nothing wrong with his work ethic. And since there's many aspects of his game that's working fine I don't think there's any "choking" going on at all.

But one of the aspects that he's supposed to provide is offensive production, and that's clearly not working. I think one problem is that he doesn't seem to know how to solve all the extra attention he's getting (and lots of it). One key to his game is to control the puck while finding open space of ice from where he can shot or pass. He does this better than anyone. Yet the Ducks D are bogging him down very effectively, making his puck possession almost more of a liability, exposing the puck and slowing the play down.

Even when he does find open space and makes a great pass, others has been unable to capitalize. Which isn't Dats fault of course.

I don't know but maybe he should take a look at Z. He seem to fare fairly well despite heavy attention.

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that there's nothing wrong with his work ethic. And since there's many aspects of his game that's working fine I don't think there's any "choking" going on at all.

But one of the aspects that he's supposed to provide is offensive production, and that's clearly not working. I think one problem is that he doesn't seem to know how to solve all the extra attention he's getting (and lots of it). One key to his game is to control the puck while finding open space of ice from where he can shot or pass. He does this better than anyone. Yet the Ducks D are bogging him down very effectively, making his puck possession almost more of a liability, exposing the puck and slowing the play down.

Even when he does find open space and makes a great pass, others has been unable to capitalize. Which isn't Dats fault of course.

I don't know but maybe he should take a look at Z. He seem to fare fairly well despite heavy attention.

Datsyuk was not producing even at the end of the regular season.

Zetterberg only scored 3 normal goals, the other 3 were empty netters, I'd say he's not playing as expected either.

Go to NHL.com, hit "player search", type in Holmstrom, click on Tomas Holmstrom, and view Ninety-SUX's stats for the series. This guy is the POISON Datsyuk is dealing with. Coach won't separate Ninety-SUX from Pavel, so get used to this. Problem is it rubs off on Zetterberg, too. Double Whammy for the Wings. Big time bonus for the Quack Attack. Anyone that Holmstrom plays with will do worse 5 on 5 than what they would do if they didn't play with him. That's where Ninety-SUX is at in his career. I like Homer, and he serves a role on the PP, but he's absolutely KILLING us right now. Babs can't see it so far.

I thnik you are overreacting just a smudge.

Anyways, people good/bad go through cold streaks all the time. Unfortuantely Datsyuk is on a cold streak at the worst time right now. It's not like he isn't getting chances or not trying out there...

People...Datsyuk has been one of the hardest working Wings.

In order to put up points regularly he needs to have people get near the net. So far, the WIngs have only bothered to grab rebounds in two games. Sure, Datsyuk can be amazing and walk through a teams defense, but not every single shift, game in and game out, especially against a one year removed Cup champion team that smothers whoever comes in the zone.

What exactly is Datsyuk to do when they climb on his back? There's no Wing to pass to, or if there is, it's through four Anaheim players.

HJe's not a choker.