• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cboth686

What's Up with Datsyuk

Rate this topic

If Datsyuk played against a team with the same kind of defense as the Caps/Pens, he would have 15-20 points.

That's not really an excuse, he should be able to find a way to get it done against the Ducks as well, but atleast we can take comfort in knowing that if we get by the Ducks we've gotten past probably the best defense that is left in the Playoffs.

Mix up lines to generate Offense

Chelios - Kopecky - Meech

Rafalski - Cleary - Lidstrom

Bench third line

Bench fourth line

D pairings:

Datsuyk - Zetterberg

Hossa - Filpulla

Franzen - Holmstrom

Dude! Kopecky's injured.

That said, great lines :thumbup:

Guest micah
Mix up lines to generate Offense

Chelios - Kopecky - Meech

Rafalski - Cleary - Lidstrom

Just Downey

Micky Redmond - Karen Newman - Paul MacLean

D pairings:

Datsuyk - Zetterberg

Hossa - Filpulla

Franzen - Holmstrom

A quick fix. You can't just have no 3rd or 4th line.

face the fact, youre calling out holmstrom, but it is only fair to call out everyones darling datsyuk. He is the hart canditdate and has done jack. Fancy dangling dont do anything vs the ducks.

He better produce next game

Meanwhile, the other hart candidates malkin and ovechkin have 16 and 20 points.

You must be a huge Dack's fun or may be you are to stupid and blind not to understand and see all other good things he is doing on the ice. Moronic post.

You must be a huge Dack's fun or may be you are to stupid and blind not to understand and see all other good things he is doing on the ice. Moronic post.

his point is valid. datsyuk's primary job is to score. he is doing his job terribly.

It cant be Holmstrom's fault because he was out during the first period and Cleary took his spot.

All I know is this is really Bettman's fault. The refs are calling the puck dead the second it touches Hiller's pads. They even called it dead in game 3 AFTER the goal, but ruled intended to be dead before the goal. WTF? The ducks are getting away with murder. Ponda center's ice sucks. We'll close it out in a blow out in JLA game 7, but really this was all about stretching this series out so there would be more money in the coffers.

I think there are three factors that have to deal with Datsyuk's lack of point production, each one contributing to the next:

1. Niedermayer is the only defenseman I have ever seen that can consistently get the better of Datsyuk, most likely due to the fact that he is quite possibly the best skater in the league.

2. The Ducks are using a very effective defensive box in the neutral zone and in their own zone that they are hooking and holding to keep players on the outside of.

3. Mickey Redmond said, and I agree, that Datsyuk needs to use his linemates more instead of doing everything himself. I have never seen him move as quickly as I did last night at times, but he needs to pass the puck.

So in other words, Datsyuk can't do much one on one, and he can't pass to his team mates because they are being bullied out of the play.

Maybe the Russian mafia has a finger on one of his relatives... :rolleyes:

Who knows - players go through streaks like this. I agree with everyone that has said other players like Homer, Hossa, Hudler, Flip etc.. aren't chipping in much either. The streaky play from individual players really doesn't surprise me with what we saw during the regular season.

We need Datsyuk more then ever now, with a 1 game series tomorrow. Detroit has managed to win even without his presence but you can only go so far when your best player isn't producing. I'm not saying he is having a horrible series or anything, its just time the guy put at least one in the back of the net.

Pick up on your countrymen Hudler or wahtever his name is, Detroit need to trade him.

You mean the guy that saw barely a handful of shifts in last nights game, and in that short span, got the primary assist on the only goal we scored?

You mean the guy that scored the GWG in Game 5?

You mean the guy that has more points that Holmstrom, Filppula, Datsyuk, Samuelsson, Kronwall and Hossa?

You mean the 4th highest scoring forward on this team, with the 9th most ice time?

Yeah - Detroit clearly needs to trade Hudler.

What a bucket full of fail.

Maybe the Russian mafia has a finger on one of his relatives... :rolleyes:

Who knows - players go through streaks like this. I agree with everyone that has said other players like Homer, Hossa, Hudler, Flip etc.. aren't chipping in much either. The streaky play from individual players really doesn't surprise me with what we saw during the regular season.

Filppula and Hudler are doing MORE than their fair share. Hossa and Datsyuk need to step up. They get the 1st line minutes. They need to at least produce like top sixers.

The fact that Hudler and Cleary are 2 of our 4 top scoring forwards right now says all we need to know about the playoffs thus far.

Filppula and Hudler are doing MORE than their fair share. Hossa and Datsyuk need to step up. They get the 1st line minutes. They need to at least produce like top sixers.

The fact that Hudler and Cleary are 2 of our 4 top scoring forwards right now says all we need to know about the playoffs thus far.

Star players have to play like stars and role players have to elevate their games in the playoffs.

Flip is playing well but he isn't burying the puck. He has 0 goals in 10 games. Take out the 3 assist game when he moved onto Franzen's line and he has 3 points in 9 games that is not exactly burning up the offensive stat sheet. His all around game is pretty good.

Hudler has 6 points in 10 games which is below his regular season pace.

The majority of the team needs to pick it up not just Pavel although his absence is the most glaring.

He has "Robert Lang Syndrome".

They say it can't be cured.

If that were the case, he'd be scoring clutch playoff goals when the Wings needed them the most.

He's definitely over-thinking things out there. The only cure is for him to find the back of the net, and lets hope thats tomorrow.