• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Drake_Marcus

Niedermayer cheap shot and brawl

Rate this topic

No chance of the league suspending the Ducks' precious Niedermayer for even 1 game despite the overwhelming evidence that this is clearly an "intent to injure" type of play that is supposedly being "rooted out" by the league.

If any of the Wings then or now felt that Mac beating Claude was more important than Mac beating Roy? Yes, I'm not only implying that I'm flat out stating it.

Hate to break it to you pal, but THAT goal that hold in such reverence is a direct result of that ass whipping.

Guest micah
No chance of the league suspending the Ducks' precious Niedermayer for even 1 game despite the overwhelming evidence that this is clearly an "intent to injure" type of play that is supposedly being "rooted out" by the league.

I don't see any "intent to injure", I see an "intent to hurt". Two very different things. If Niedermier really wanted to injure Dats, he would have buttended him in the Adam's Apple. He didn't, he threw an elbow to to his visored, helmeted head. That's it.

It isn't all positive. Lilly getting his brain scrambled and Kop getting his face cracked aren't really a rah rah building points.

I quite agree with you there, BUT when Lilja and Kopecky are your "enforcers" you cannot expect anything more.

I do agree with you about the tough(er) guys though, and I eluded to this just a bit earlier. If Downey and McCarty are in the lineup and the same 6 guys are on the ice (since Downey and Mac wouldn't be out in that situation to begin with) the same thing happens. If Downey or McCarty just happened to be on the ice, or like I said even the likes of Abdelkader, Ericsson or Stuart, NO WAY that gutless crap goes on. The clucks ONLY do that stuff when the ice s full of Eurpeans, so even having Downey in the lineup wouldn't have changed that because Downey couldn't jump off the bench to pummel Neiderpansification. Now if Downey (or Ericsson) were there and he elbowed one of them, I would expect that the ass-whoopin he would have gotten in return who have been a huge rally point for this team, but Datsyuk getting blindsided and throwing punches with is gloves on doesn't do much for motivation. They should suspend Scott and Datsyuk should start scoring some goals. That would be the rally point they need right now and the NHL needs to show that they are serious about elbows and shots to the head that are blatently, obviously on purpose and with intent to injure.

Thanks egroen for that little snipit, I email Gary Bettman with that asing him what the plans are, I am sure I will not get a response or just an automated one. And I am 100% positive that there will be no suspension, which is why I would invoke my "bounty" for the next game (if they are winning big, or losing big.)

I don't see any "intent to injure", I see an "intent to hurt". Two very different things. If Niedermier really wanted to injure Dats, he would have buttended him in the Adam's Apple. He didn't, he threw an elbow to to his visored, helmeted head. That's it.

:blink: Yeah, and a lot of times the visor does more damage to ones face than the intent to hurt(?) elbow.

Just an FYI: Dictionary definitions for "injure" are as follows:

1. To cause physical harm to; hurt.

2. To cause damage to; impair.

3. To cause distress to; wound: injured their feelings.

4. To commit an injustice or offense against; wrong.

and

1. to do or cause harm of any kind to; damage; hurt; impair: to injure one's hand.

2. to do wrong or injustice to.

3. to wound or offend: to injure a friend's feelings.

...so what you are saying is, "Intent to Injure." That is what I am reading, right?

and just to make sure I am not crazy I looked up the word "Hurt"

1. to cause bodily injury to; injure: He was badly hurt in the accident

...yep, that is what you are saying, "Intent to Injure." I thought you were...

Edited by LeftWinger

Neider-****** is dirtier than a pig who spends its days rolling around in its own s***. Pronger too.

Should Neider-****** be suspended? Yes, I mean that elbow had every intent to injure when Dats was only holding Neider-****** to break things up. And Perry was a total ***** for what he did. Getzlaf too. Let me put this in all caps... NONE OF THE DUCKS WILL EVEN GET A STERN TALKING TO OR SLAP ON THE WRIST FROM THE NHL. My hope is that the Ducks have a bus break down on 8 Mile and let the karma insue. I say bring D-Mac in and start handing out ass-kickings. He should be broken in half, he is old, drinks ensure and wear's diapers.

What these guys did was totally pathetic and doesn't belong in any ice rink. These guys are supposed to be professionals. They aren't. If this were any real professional sports league or a shred of one, Neider-****** would be suspended for Game 7.

I'm amazed you're still hanging around here pretending to be a Wings' fan. A cheapshot to the head of a skill player is an intent to injure, there's no "intent to hurt" in hockey, you're just playing with words.

See this is exactly what I was talking about. Everybody here was all objective and benefit-y-of-the-doubt-y when it came to Ovechkin's knee shot on Gonchar, I mean accidents do happen and all that... but when it happens to YOUR guy, then it's clearly intent to injure! And go get the lousy bastidge!

Edited by BewareThePenguin

See this is exactly what I was talking about. Everybody here was all objective and benefit-y-of-the-doubt-y when it came to Ovechkin's knee shot on Gonchar, I mean accidents do happen and all that... but when it happens to YOUR guy, then it's clearly intent to injure! And go get the lousy bastidge!

Don't say everyone! I hate Ovech(fores)kin as much as I hate Crysby. Ovech is a very dirty player as well.

Except that Ovechkins knee on Gonchar wasn't clearly intent to injure. In fact, it looked accidental.

I thought he deserved a 5 minute major and would not have bitched if he got a suspension (it was not an intent to injure per say, but he definitely did not make much of an effort to not injure Gonchar). But the NHL is obviously reluctant to suspend star players, especially in the playoffs.

Ovechkin's hit was questionable - and during the game. The Ducks antics were at the end of a game, after a whistle and without question. There is no question, according to the rules, that suspensions should be handed out for that. I bitched a lot when that rule came out in '06, and think it should be stricken from the rulebook - but it's still there. The refs were calling everything on the Ducks at the end there, BUT instigating. It's a joke.

Edited by egroen

Sometimes the right thing to do is the painful thing to do. Good men do not just watch their friends get jumped, thinking "well, maybe the cops will get the bad guys, I'll just stay out of it". Good Captains do not watch their teams' star forwards get beat-up just because they're afraid that the other team has someone who will beat them up. Loyalty has a cost, nobody is denying that.

You are making a great argument for a goon though. If I hear you correctly, you're saying that players should not defend themselves or their teamates if there is a bigger badass on the ice than them.

seriously, its time you choose a new team. kenny holland isnt going anywhere and neither is his philosophy. maybe you should write him a strongly worded letter or better yet, show up at his house and beat his ass to "send your message."

A ridiculously lousy move on Neidermayer's(sp?) part. But Holmstrom elbowed Wiz a few games ago. Granted, that wasn't nearly as blatant as this one - he still did.

If Holmstrom didn't get suspended, I don't see Neidermayer getting suspended.

Guest micah
:blink: Yeah, and a lot of times the visor does more damage to ones face than the intent to hurt(?) elbow.

Just an FYI: Dictionary definitions for "injure" are as follows:

1. To cause physical harm to; hurt.

2. To cause damage to; impair.

3. To cause distress to; wound: injured their feelings.

4. To commit an injustice or offense against; wrong.

and

1. to do or cause harm of any kind to; damage; hurt; impair: to injure one's hand.

2. to do wrong or injustice to.

3. to wound or offend: to injure a friend's feelings.

...so what you are saying is, "Intent to Injure." That is what I am reading, right?

and just to make sure I am not crazy I looked up the word "Hurt"

1. to cause bodily injury to; injure: He was badly hurt in the accident

...yep, that is what you are saying, "Intent to Injure." I thought you were...

You know as well as I do that there are lots of times in hockey when it's okay to inflict pain, to cause hurt, but not injury. If you throw a check into somebody, ideally it will hurt them, leave them with an ache that will maybe get into their head a bit. That isn't what the rulebook is talking about with "intent to injure", and niether was this elbow, IMHO. I can't see an elboy like that causing any serious injurry. A broken nose at worst, and that's hardly the kind of thing that a hockey player would can an injury. It's just an ouch. Ouches are part of the game.

That said, it did merrit retaliation from Pavel, and I was pleased to see that he did his best to return the favor.

Also, and I kid you not with this- after the game I saw Neidavacation punch a kitten in the throat!

True story.

:rotflmao:

I saw that at the end of the game and it made me sick, I went to bed so pissed off! Not only did we lose the game but our players get attacked by a bunch of goons. Niedemayer has always been one of my most hated players. He deserves a suspension and an ass whooping to boot. But at this point I will settle for a Red Wings win in game 7 so I can see his face when he has to pack it in for the season.

Oh and Corry the fairy Perry has been put on my s*** list. He is equally gutless as Niedemayer.

You know as well as I do that there are lots of times in hockey when it's okay to inflict pain, to cause hurt, but not injury. If you throw a check into somebody, ideally it will hurt them, leave them with an ache that will maybe get into their head a bit. That isn't what the rulebook is talking about with "intent to injure", and niether was this elbow, IMHO. I can't see an elboy like that causing any serious injurry. A broken nose at worst, and that's hardly the kind of thing that a hockey player would can an injury. It's just an ouch. Ouches are part of the game.

That said, it did merrit retaliation from Pavel, and I was pleased to see that he did his best to return the favor.

An elbow can easily cause a concussion and we've seen how that's worked out for Lilja. There was intent to injure in my opinion.

Lets magically make Chris Neil a Red Wing for last nights game. What changes? It would still be the exact same people out on the ice at the end. If Neil hops off the bench that's 10 games. You think Getzlaf, Perry, or Niedermayer would fight Neil in game 7 to make up for it? You think that scenario would even cross their minds to make them hesitant to punch up the Wings' skill guys? Absolutely not.

Nice work NN--this seems to be the point everyone's missing. None of these tough guys would've been on the ice last night, since we were trying to tie it up at the time the horn sounded.

The Ducks are stupid, but they're not Carcillo-level stupid. We wouldn't get the chance to beat one of them down tomorrow either.

Wow! I was pissed off enough when Getzlaf started suckering Hossa, and Perry decided once again he was the biggest ***** in the league and jumped Rafalski, but this elbow HAS to be reviewed! If there is any remote chance of consistency, this elbow cannot go unpunished!

.... and yet we all know it will.... hate the f***s and hate the league.

Attention Quacks, that is what an intentional elbow to the head looks like, not the Holmstrom brush against the already injured Wiz.

Prior to the replay my biggest complaint was Neidermayer is a ***** for wearing his visor into a fight against an opposing teams skill forward, but the replay especially of the elbow takes it to another level. Unfortunately I would bet my life no suspensions are handed out, not that we need any of that garbage anyways. Wings just need to show up to game 7 and avoid falling behind early where the Ducks can slow the game down.

Grapes anyone? Be careful they might be sour.

I can handle losing. I can handle losing to the Ducks. The Ducks deserved to win more last night. You aren't going to win every game or every playoff series. I can even understand emotions going right after a game like they did last night. I do not tolerate intentional elbows to the head though or sucker punches like in game 5 of the Boston-Carolina series. That's not called for.