• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Drake_Marcus

Niedermayer cheap shot and brawl

Rate this topic

So directly tied to the result that the Wings gave up 4 more goals to the Avs and had to muster up a furious 3rd period comeback to score 2 goals to tie and then a tictactoe play from Igor to Shanny to Mac in OT to win it. Without that comeback the fights wouldn't have been anything more than a minor blip in Wing fans' consciousness.

I don't need a play by play. I was there. Were you? Didn't think so. Please go away now.

Doesn't know how to handle the Ducks?

You do realize that we've won as many games as you have, right?

KARMA is going bite the ducks in the ass Thursday night.

GO WINGS!

Karma is a ***** ive heard, to bad i dont believe in that type of nonsense. karma is for the weak minded.

it's pointless to argue over something out of our control...

Yes, everybody has views on the situation and what should be done about the fighting/cheap shots... (i.e. holmstrom on wisniski, scotty n on pavs, and one can argue perry on an injured rafalski) and of course your going to back your team, and be loyal to them. everyone also has a view about the league's bias with the wings/ducks (wether they favor them/hate them/or just let things slide) face it the league is inconsistent and always missing and messing up calls on both sides of the puck... something my dad told me when i was younger, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink...

it comes down to this, game 7, whether you like it or not, see you in detroit, win or start up the golfing season

(i know i spelled many names wrong but honestly i dont care to look them up)

o yea and go wings

i agree that we have 1 stong line to your 4, i dont agree on the bunch of goons, and if we just have 1 line, then why is it that your team of stars cant take us down??

Because needaweiner's allowed to assrape Holmstrom 10 feet away from the net.

it's pointless to argue over something out of our control...

Yes, everybody has views on the situation and what should be done about the fighting/cheap shots... (i.e. holmstrom on wisniski, scotty n on pavs, and one can argue perry on an injured rafalski) and of course your going to back your team, and be loyal to them. everyone also has a view about the league's bias with the wings/ducks (wether they favor them/hate them/or just let things slide) face it the league is inconsistent and always missing and messing up calls on both sides of the puck... something my dad told me when i was younger, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink...

it comes down to this, game 7, whether you like it or not, see you in detroit, win or start up the golfing season

(i know i spelled many names wrong but honestly i dont care to look them up)

o yea and go wings

omg rolmfao... great post

Guest Shoreline
So directly tied to the result that the Wings gave up 4 more goals to the Avs and had to muster up a furious 3rd period comeback to score 2 goals to tie and then a tictactoe play from Igor to Shanny to Mac in OT to win it. Without that comeback the fights wouldn't have been anything more than a minor blip in Wing fans' consciousness.

+1. Wings nearly lost that game and it would have been entirely forgotten if they didn't get their collective offensive heads out of their ass, and into gear, real quick. The fight part was merely a feel good event for fans, and not much else. Didn't affect the outcome at all.

Both teams are fighting hard. The Ducks are known for being chippy and dirty. So what? People getting upset about this are being far too knee-jerk. Pavel is most upset about Niedermayer blanketing him on defense than giving him an extra shot after the whistle. If he was scoring all over Nieds.. well.. obviously this doesn't happen. He's frustrated and pissed at himself. Let's hope for Game 7 he shows up and leaves Nieds jock in the rafters from those wonderful dekes he can do. He should know by now, however, that Nieds is playing the body and should think ahead.

Btw, this was sure as hell not a "brawl". Maybe for Wings standards.

That's resonably fair on the whole, except for the fact that Niedermayer (whoI don't have abig problem with on the whole), cracked him on the skull after the buzzer, and perry beat the s*** of out a totally disinterested rafalski. It wasn't a brawl..if it was i think people wouldn't be as pissed off..it was more chippy bullying after the whistle by the ducks, which is not exactly a new phenomenon. It is actually against the rules, as well as being morally dubious...

what??? you cant handle the truth that the ducks are a good team, that detroit doesnt know how to handle us... please, stop crying

Oh! Hi there. I have wiped my tears away so I guess I can respond to you now.

Meanwhile, I believe some corrections are in order here? The Ducks are an OK team with one line so their strategy is to win games by pushing the edge and pummeling their opponents and causing interference/obstruction any way they can and hope to get away with it. If you were a true Ducks' fan you would know this since most of their fans seem to understand this? For your information, it's called strategic violence/fighting by some. A clever term, but not always accurate because it's a nice way of saying that part of that strategy is that they wait for the whistle and then come in for their shots. And some of them...no, really!....some of them make sure their visors are adjusted and their gloves remain on because they're beyond chickens*** cowards. And some, no really!...deliberately attack players smaller than themselves for no reason at all, and sometimes those attackees have just come back from injury. No, really! And some...no, really!....hook an opposing player after the game is supposedly done and hope for retaliation. Hey, I wouldn't kid you about this. I could even make sure you see some video?.....Naw, I don't think you're ready for that...

And in the Ducks' case, sometimes they're not called when they should be. No, really! So now and then, JUST now and then, it upsets some of us people who are fans of real hockey. You know, the puck possession, finesse style of play where the object is not to attack after the whistle but to beat your opponents fair and square?

:blink: Whoops. Sorry. I can tell you have no idea what I'm talking about so I guess I'll just go back and continue sobbing into my kleenex. But please. Be sure to say hey to your other little co-posting companion for me, OK?

Goodbye and be sure to have a nice day.

Edited by Vladifan

+1. Wings nearly lost that game and it would have been entirely forgotten if they didn't get their collective offensive heads out of their ass, and into gear, real quick. The fight part was merely a feel good event for fans, and not much else. Didn't affect the outcome at all.

So you're telling me that Patrick Roy getting his ass beat at center ice had zero effect on his goaltending. LMAO!!! That's awesome. Whatever...

Edited by Broken 16

If I were a giant, I would step on Pronger & feel no remorse.

Hey, if you were a giant you could also squash the Ericsson-dodging-but-go-after-Rafalski Perry, and the Is-my-visor-on-straight Niedermeyer. And be my guest!

There is no way you can compare the two elbows... that's like trying to compare apples and windshield Wipers ...

:hysterical: Great line Duck Guy, you sure do make up for these other duck fan morons who just signed up last week. :rolleyes:

Your right my DVR is lying

Not your DVR just your duck tinted glasses

What is not shown in this video is Pav face washing Nieds and delivering 3-4 rapid soft punches to the side of his head. The VS video clip shows a lot more.....

WOW, that is the dumbest thing I have ever read and on the internet that says a lot

It’s disappointing that we had a chance to close the series out, but they’re a good team. They’re not going to give up and we saw that tonight. So we have to regroup and come back and be ready to come in Thursday night.

hahahahaha, he knows the ducks are a good team, i love that type of respect. he calls it how it is!

He said the same type of thing about the Blue Jackets (and most other teams at one time or another). He is just a much better person than most of the duck's players so you may not recognize class, humility, and statesmanship when you see it.

if you read the quoted comments from your captain and your coach, they both know that the ducks are a good team, both teams have gotten away with s***, but only because its crazy for the ducks to be 3-3 with detroit, all you bandwagon fans have to talk s***. i dont hate the detroit redwings, in fact they have a bad ass team, but wow do the fans complain more then they do.

But still not as much as Carlyle or Perry do. Its no wonder Burke got away from there as fast as he could.

what??? you cant handle the truth that the ducks are a good team, that detroit doesnt know how to handle us... please, stop crying

It's tied at 3-3 and the Wings have outscored them 18-14 and only one teams goalie has been chased from his net.

Edited by Frozen-Man

Hey, if you were a giant you could also squash the Ericsson-dodging-but-go-after-Rafalski Perry, and the Is-my-visor-on-straight Niedermeyer. And be my guest!

Maybe, I'd just wait until they were all getting on their plane & when Teemu's retired & then just step on that before the pilot gets in. That way, there's noone getting destroyed that doesn't deserve... Although, Teemu does score enough on us to piss me off. :ranting:

Seriously. I hope he gets in an accident where the car explodes immediately & he's trapped in there still alive & burns to death.

Karma is a ***** ive heard, to bad i dont believe in that type of nonsense. karma is for the weak minded.

Enjoy youre alternative egocentric belief system...didn't jesus say the meek shall inherit the earth...so theres another....;-)

It's tied at 3-3 and the Wings have outscored them 18-14 and only one teams goalie has been chased from his net.

Haha, that's a good line. Had Osgood not been up to the task in these playoffs, I think you folks would have liked TC.

Was it a cheap shot? Yea

Is that expected from the ducks? Yes

Will anyone get punished? Nope

Will the NHL do anything about it? Nope

Does it happen every year in the playoffs? Yes

What are you going to do?

LOL. Well put.

I think most wings fans are looking at this the wrong way. Fine the ducks got away with some cheap shots. Lets hope they try that in game 7 so the wings can be on the PP more than they have been. Yes i would like one of the wings to beat the chit out of them, but i would rather send the ducks home with their tails between their legs.

Remember the old bugs bunny cartoon? We didn't have to shoot the ducks now, we are waiting until we get home!

And I think the Ducks are a pretty good team, who have players who raise their game in the playoffs, good defence, great goaltending, a strong 1st line a and a legi goalscorer on the second...after that it weakens off a bit, but i respect their ability. If they weren't so heavily populated with players that i dislike, i would be fine with them...I actually quite like most teams in the league (though have never cared for the Devils of Stars due to their playing style), an obviously the Avs are in their own category......

But regardless of all this, cheating is cheating....a certain amount can be let go in the playoffs, but the league's disciniplinary system is star-centric and totally inconsistant. The only consolation is that the ducks remind me of the smart-mouthed kid at school who would give you s*** every time the teachers weren't looking, who when you saw them again at 30 were fat, balding, dull and with a clutch of illegitemate kids surviving on state handouts...

:thumbup:

Do you know how many periods of Red Wing/Avalanche playoff hockey featured fights? 2. That's in 6 full series of bitter rivalry (well 5, as the 6th series was the rout last spring, which if discounted eliminates one of the periods that featured a fight).

The Wings need to play world class hockey. Nothing else matters.

Toughness isn't dropping the gloves and fighting. Toughness is not allowing the opposition to dictate the way you play the game. Go to the hard areas. Win puck battles. Score. Defend. Win. Fighting in the playoffs is about as important as beard growing ability.

:thumbup:

Having a fighter or two is ok, but if that's all they can do then they are a waste of a roster spot.

Haha, that's a good line. Had Osgood not been up to the task in these playoffs, I think you folks would have liked TC.

I'm a big Conks fan but I am always glad to see Ozzy play and glad he has done well.

I'm a big Conks fan but I am always glad to see Ozzy play and glad he has done well.

I've always liked TC as well, but I still thought it was a good decision to start with Oz and go from there. Likewise with Anaheim, they made the right decision going with Hiller even though I've always liked Gigs. (He would have made one helluva Flame.)