• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingMachine91

awkwardness in the handshake line

Rate this topic

throughout watching this series, regardless of how it ends, does anyone else feel that as a player that there will be some awkwardness shaking the hand of somebody like perry or pronger? after getzlaf is yapping and throwing punches and what not, and after all the shananigans after the games, i cant help but feel that some of these players would rather not shake the hands of the opposition.

Guest E_S_A_D
throughout watching this series, regardless of how it ends, does anyone else feel that as a player that there will be some awkwardness shaking the hand of somebody like perry or pronger? after getzlaf is yapping and throwing punches and what not, and after all the shananigans after the games, i cant help but feel that some of these players would rather not shake the hands of the opposition.

Nope, it's all left on the ice. These guys see each other in the hallways, events, etc. It's their profession and they get heated. When the series is over, the punches stop flying.

Nope, it's all left on the ice. These guys see each other in the hallways, events, etc. It's their profession and they get heated. When the series is over, the punches stop flying.

Just like how when the game is over, the punches stop flying and everyone skates off the ice, right? :rolleyes:

I liked what Cheli did a cople years ago when he just left the ice without staying in the had shaking line.

I hate when players do that. I can see blowing someone off in line, but to disregard the entire thing is disrespectful and weak. I don't care wht the circumstances are.

I hate when players do that. I can see blowing someone off in line, but to disregard the entire thing is disrespectful and weak. I don't care wht the circumstances are.

I'd do it. I wouldn't care what ppl thought of it. I doubt any player that does it cares what anyone thinks about it.

It was pretty funny last year when Brodeur refused to shake Sean Avery's hand :lol:

Don't think anything like that will happen after this series. Although if I was a Wing I'd find it hard to shake the hand of many of the Ducks..

I liked what Cheli did a cople years ago when he just left the ice without staying in the had shaking line.

I thought it was ridiculous and in very poor taste that Chelios did that. Be a man and shake the hands of the other men for playing a hard fought series. It's about respect and sportsmanship... play balls out during the series (and a little after each game :cool: ) but man up and shake hands afterward. It's one of the best things in playoff hockey, the post series handshake.

As for this series... this is nothing compared to a plethora of series from the past in terms of bad blood.

i agree 100%. the handshake is a display of respect. why should you show respect to a team that clearly has no respect for you? why dignify a team like the ducks? it just perpetuates their bulls***. i know im in the minority and ill be called classless, but win or loose, if i was a wing id go straight to the dressing room when that final buzzer sounds.

i agree 100%. the handshake is a display of respect. why should you show respect to a team that clearly has no respect for you? why dignify a team like the ducks? it just perpetuates their bulls***. i know im in the minority and ill be called classless, but win or loose, if i was a wing id go straight to the dressing room when that final buzzer sounds.

I also agree. I wouldn't shake any of those pieces of s***s hands. They don't deserve any respect. Is a vicious elbow to the face respectin a guy? Is jumping on top of a guy from behind and pummeling him respectful? I don't think so. Anybody here that says they would shake their hands is a LIAR!

I would shake their hands.

If I lost, I would want to go out with dignity rather than looking like a spoiled brat. If I won, I would want to give them a smile and an insincere "good game" up close.

It's part of the tradition.

I would shake their hands.

If I lost, I would want to go out with dignity rather than looking like a spoiled brat. If I won, I would want to give them a smile and an insincere "good game" up close.

It's part of the tradition.

Agreed. Besides, I think fans have way more emotion invested in these games than the players do. ;)

Hockey players are unique in that they can attempt to murder each other every other night, and yet let go once off the ice. It's what makes the game so unique.

I hate the Ducks, but they compete and have a handful of great players. Most NHLers respect one another. And that's why it's so disrespectful not to engage in the post-series handshake. It's rude and classless.

Shaking hands doesn't mean you're telling the other guy that you like him.

Otherwise, nobody would have shaken Avery's hand last year, instead of it just being Brodeur who did so.

It's just a tradition that needs to be followed, not necessarily liked or enjoyed by the players.

Hockey players are very classy. Even though I think everyone can see that the Ducks are a very dirty team, I dont think that would stop anyone from shaking anyone elses hand. Both teams are doing what they can to win, and they will let go of after the game is over.

Good point, just take a moment and imagine a guy like Dats o Rafi both of them well respected in the league and you are jumping and chip shooting them like they are garbage, show some balls play clean and fear if you want to be respected, if you fight take of your gear and gloves and fight don't do this elbow BS don't jump a guy who's coming from a serious injury. I think in this kind of cases NHL should step up, let the most skilled and most honest most hard working team take the cup, I'm not against fights or good clean hits I'm for the best team.

The post series handshake is one of the greatest traditions in sports, not just playoff hockey. Not one other sport shows that class and respect that hockey players do at the the end of a series. I get that tensions/emotions are high after it's done, but if you refuse to shake someone's hand, then hockey players are no better than NBA players, etc. It sets a status quo that you're a spoiled, selfish professional athlete who doesn't have to respect tradition or have any class. Just my 2 cents.

its a great tradition because the VAST MAJORITY of teams do not play the way the Ducks do, and therefore they deserve respect. if it was just one ass hole like Lemiux with the Aves, fine shake their hands. but this is an entire team of tool bags. and its obvious theres no respect between these two teams so why the empty gesture?

its a great tradition because the VAST MAJORITY of teams do not play the way the Ducks do, and therefore they deserve respect. if it was just one ass hole like Lemiux with the Aves, fine shake their hands. but this is an entire team of tool bags. and its obvious theres no respect between these two teams so why the empty gesture?

No matter if you play against the devil him self and his minions of doom... people will look down on your team and organization if you do not honor this tradition of respect.

No matter if you play against the devil him self and his minions of doom... people will look down on your team and organization if you do not honor this tradition of respect.

I hope your kidding.

FWIW, Pronger hasn't been bad this series. He's pushing the envelope, as usual, but he hasn't done much pure gooning.