• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Antilles328

Keith Jones is a %&*($@^(

Rate this topic

What a piece of crap! At the 1st intermission of the Pens/Caps game, he was commending the Ducks on the end of the game shennanigans. COMMENDING THEM! He highlighted Perry going after an injured Rafalski and Getzlaf attacking Hossa while he tried to come to Rafalski's aid.

There is a difference between in-game physicality, making a statement, or even trying to get moment with what the Ducks did. They had already won the game, they were not provoked, they were picking on smaller players and injured players, and they weren't fighting by any code of hockey honor I've ever seen.

Fighting has it's place in hockey but 1) It takes place within the game 2) It takes place between two willing players or at least two players who were asking for it 3) No Cheap Shots 4) You want to fight, drop the gloves/stick and lose the helmet.

Anaheim broke almost every cardinal rule of hockey fighting. AND Keith Jones is talking like it up like the Ryan Getzlaf and Niedermayer were sucking him off under the table.

To not do anything about it is one thing. To commend the goons is another level entirely.

I hated Colorado but at least I could respect some of them. I hate Anaheim but I can't respect them. I can't accept a loss to those ass clowns.

I want a game 7 massacre. I want the Wings to win by 10. If the hockey gods exist, Datsyuk, Zets, and company will make it happen.

Calm down. If the wings got physical out there then you would be cheering them on. But because it was against the wings you throw a fit.

Jones is right.

The ducks are doing what they have to, to win.

Whats the problem?

Its time for the wings to play 60 min a send them home. Thats the best statement ever. Personally I think the Wings needed that wakeup call. And if they hit snooze they will be playing golf by Saturday.

Calm down. If the wings got physical out there then you would be cheering them on. But because it was against the wings you throw a fit.

You point is moot because the Red Wings wouldn't do that. Especially if they had just won.

I saw that too. What the Ducks did last night was completely embarassing for any sports league. These men are supposed to be "professionals" and yet they acted like animals. Their captain completely elbowed Datsyuk with intent to injure, and this is supposed to be their leader? You are completely right about Colorado. I respected them somewhat in spite of my hate for them. The Ducks I completely cannot respect and never will. They are dirty thugs and their antics have no place in hockey.

Any hockey announcer that comments this type of behavior is also embarassing. It shows exactly how much he knows about hockey and about class and sportsmanship also.

I was watching the same segment, and I agree. Before the game went to intermission, one of the studio guys mentioned "questionable tactics" when referring to the end of Game 6, to which one of the play-by-play guys replied about trying to stir up controversy. Apparently, someone got on the phone with the studio guys and told them not to say anything bad about it. Now they're saying Niedermayer is "quite a leader" mentioning his "fighting major" clearly not wanting to call it what is was, a gutless act by a man who has no honor. I get nauseous when I see Perry swinging away and Rafalski clearly trying to cover up because he didn't want to aggravate his injury, which he just returned from. Someone needs to impale Perry on their stick, drive Getzlaf face-first into the glass, and slam Neidermayer's head in the door to the bench, not once but numerous times. Please, if their is any justice left in the universe, let these guys either be suspended (which I doubt) or get hurt.

everyone quit whining, let the wings show up tomorrow, win the game, and let the ducks whine all the way to the golf course. what is done is done, yeah the ducks play a dirty style of hockey, but thats who they are, that is how they try to win. the wings are big enough to let this s*** roll off their backs and act professionally and play a real game of hockey.

Queef Jones is an idiot, that scrum did nothing more then just give the Wings extra motivation for game 7. LOL at him saying they should keep doing what they are doing, if we showed up for more then 5 minutes last night we would have won and the best the ducks could do was a 1-goal win when they are facing elimination. So i do hope the ducks keep playing like they did in game 6 because the Wings will completely dominate. Needless to say im confident in a game 7 win for the Wings.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop crying.. its part of the game. message sent.

Exactly what message was sent? Its always hilarious to me when teams "send a message". Do they and or you think the Red Wings got back the the dressing room and said "Oh no, they started a bunch of fights, they must really want to win. We should just forfeit the next game so they don't beat us up again" Its comical.

Exactly what message was sent? Its always hilarious to me when teams "send a message". Do they and or you think the Red Wings got back the the dressing room and said "Oh no, they started a bunch of fights, they must really want to win. We should just forfeit the next game so they don't beat us up again" Its comical.

Well, I peed in the corner. I'z scurred of the Ducks, I is, I is.

Well, I peed in the corner. I'z scurred of the Ducks, I is, I is.

Sounds like they sent you a message too.

I mean, maybe they should've sent a message at the beginning of the series. Or they could've even attacked Datsyuk and Hossa in the parking lot before game 1. If only the Red Wings had known that the Ducks could beat them up, we could've saved everyone alot of time.

Sounds like they sent you a message too.

I mean, maybe they should've sent a message at the beginning of the series. Or they could've even attacked Datsyuk and Hossa in the parking lot before game 1. If only the Red Wings had known that the Ducks could beat them up, we could've saved everyone alot of time.

Screw the "soccer on ice" (as Micah once put it) that leads to goals and saves, there should be a six-on-six brawl at the beginning of every game. The team that loses that is deducted two "man points". The rest of the game should be decided with who can cheap-shot the other team dirtier, with the dirtier, more manly team getting man points. Elbows to the head are allowed and encouraged.

Christ, Brian Burke might have 12 Stanley Cup rings by now.

Why have our star players slowly been disapearing from the game? Why is Datsyuk being looked at differently because he isn't scoring? Why are we not infront of the net battling? why are there no open ice hits of meaning? There are a few people on this team who are carrying the physical weight of this team. the rest are scared of Anahiem. No doubt in my mind the past 2 game ending scrums/brawls have gotten into the wings head.

There is a reason why our team came out flat. because we're flat our scared. We maybe out hitting them, but we're not out playing them physically.

I couldn't turn the lights off, I was afraid that a Duck player would show up by my bed. All these people that are saying we should be scared are stupid. You ain't going to go far into the playoffs just fighting, you can't be like the Chiefs in the movie Slap Shot.

Why is Datsyuk being looked at differently because he isn't scoring?

Because people are morons and think that since he's not putting any number up, he's not playing well. Yeah, it'd be nice if the puck went in for him, but he's been fine.

Why are we not infront of the net battling? why are there no open ice hits of meaning?

I'd say you're definition of meaningful open ice hits is pretty subjective, and I also didn't know that the alleged lack of them were the sole indicator of whether a team is intimidated or scared. You're right we need to get to the net more, like we did in game 4 and game 5 after Anaheim sent their 1st message after game 3.

No doubt in my mind the past 2 game ending scrums/brawls have gotten into the wings head.

There's been 2 incidents after games in this series. After game 3 and after game 6. Hard to say the last one is in anyone's head since they haven't played since then, but we played a pretty good game in game 4. I guess we were just slightly less scared after that one.

There is a reason why our team came out flat. because we're flat our scared.

Exactly what happened in game 5 that intimidated the Red Wings into playing so flat in game 6?

Guest Shoreline

Keith Jones couldn't possibly be just arguing another side like one of those PTI guys.. naw.

Keith Jones couldn't possibly be just arguing another side like one of those PTI guys.. naw.

Keith Jones couldn't even spell PTI, let alone try to figure a way to argue both sides of an argument.

Stop crying.. its part of the game. message sent.

Except the message received by the Wings isn't the one the Ducks intended to send. All the Ducks did is light a fire under the collective asses of a team that slumped through that game. If the Wings felt motivated before the fight, you can bet they feel even more driven to wipe the floor with the Ducks now.