• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jjudson

Two Game Sevens on VS at the Same Time?

Rate this topic

Okay, I'm a little worried. Checking the NHL site, it shows both games tomorrow night on at the same time on Versus. Barring any interstellar time shift, what game are we going to get treated to? I'm remembering the game the other night when we got bumped for an overtime game. I'm also worried whether they might split the games to east and west audiences. I live in Philly.

Has anyone heard anything? :scared:

Yep. Wings game is on VS then they will join the Boston-Carolina game in progress

http://www.versus.com/nhl/

But I guess the question would be - join when? When the game starts at eight, or after the Red Wings game is over. I don't trust these idiots with the TV schedule. And I would think that the Boston/Carolina game seven is just as important to their fans as ours is. Someone's going to get screwed - and naturally me being an undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, I think it might be me.

I'm just trying to figure out if I need to make other plans to see the game - like drive to Detroit (or at the minimum find a feed somewhere).

Just in case...

But I guess the question would be - join when? When the game starts at eight, or after the Red Wings game is over. I don't trust these idiots with the TV schedule. And I would think that the Boston/Carolina game seven is just as important to their fans as ours is. Someone's going to get screwed - and naturally me being an undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, I think it might be me.

I'm just trying to figure out if I need to make other plans to see the game - like drive to Detroit (or at the minimum find a feed somewhere).

Just in case...

Versus will probably switch to Canes/Bruins in those markets when that game starts and everyone else stays with Ducks/Wings.

Just in case...

Well on the Schedule is says JIP so I'm guessing it will join in progress meaning when the Wings game is over. Just as if a game went to overtime and then they joined the late game after it had already started.

Versus will probably switch to Canes/Bruins in those markets when that game starts and everyone else stays with Ducks/Wings.

That's a possibility, however when the Hawks-Nucks game went to overtime in game 4 they didn't join the Wings-Ducks game until Chicago won.

Can anyone suggest some possible online feeds just in case? Sometimes the TV assumes since Philly, NY, and Boston are in nearby states that we must all be in the same market (same thing works for airport backups, too). I just don't want to get caught tomorrow and be forced to wreck my TV and yell inappropriate curse words in front of my kids.

It sucks out here sometimes. God forbid if the Wings ever play the Flyers. Comcast locks that broacast down tight. If you have Directv, you're SOL. For a former Wings season ticket holder - THAT SUCKS.

Actually, I heard that Versus may not show either game and will instead air a special show which recaps the Penguins great run through the playoffs so far.

What a joke that no other network would pick up the one or the other game.

Guest Shoreline

They couldn't possibly favor the Wings/Ducks game. Bettman hates the Wings!

Can anyone suggest some possible online feeds just in case? Sometimes the TV assumes since Philly, NY, and Boston are in nearby states that we must all be in the same market (same thing works for airport backups, too). I just don't want to get caught tomorrow and be forced to wreck my TV and yell inappropriate curse words in front of my kids.

It sucks out here sometimes. God forbid if the Wings ever play the Flyers. Comcast locks that broacast down tight. If you have Directv, you're SOL. For a former Wings season ticket holder - THAT SUCKS.

Justin TV usually has several feeds to the game. Here is a link to the hockey channels. They won't have a feed up until it closes in on game time. If you need any help, let me know.

http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports/hock...hot〈=en

They couldn't possibly favor the Wings/Ducks game. Bettman hates the Wings!

:lol:

While I'm glad we won this one, anyone else think it's a complete joke that for anyone in the US outside of NESN/FS-Carolinas territory, you need to have Center Ice to watch Bruins-Canes?

It's game 7, there aren't many teams left, the NHL needs to find a way to deliver its product to the masses. Versus does an ok enough job IMO, but it's just one channel. Us hardcore fans know where to find the other games, but it seems strange to me that we try so hard to grab the casual US fan in some ways, but not in the most important way.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

wooo!

i got excited when i saw that CBC will be airing the game tomorrow..!

so ill be able to watch the bos-canes game online..and watch the wings/ducks game on tv..wooo!

i hope jim hughston does the call..hes great!

Actually, I heard that Versus may not show either game and will instead air a special show which recaps the Penguins great run through the playoffs so far.

good call!

thats a better idea anyway.

That's a possibility, however when the Hawks-Nucks game went to overtime in game 4 they didn't join the Wings-Ducks game until Chicago won.

Versus switched to the Ducks/Wings game for those in those markets. I saw the entire Wings game, not the end of the Hawks game.