• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2009 WCSF GAME 7: Ducks 3 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Over on TSN, Bob McKenzie consulted the NHL rule book and said that Cleary's goal was good. The other panel members then go through all of the shady calls and weird bounces in the game and said that it is all even.

yep - bob said pretty much everything i had been thinking. good man!! :D

Guest Four

Rofl, HNIC view:

Goal one for Anaheim - Caused by a crappy referee call, leading to a goalie interference on Osgood, to which then Selanne (who got "injured"), scores - Good goal!

Goal two for Anaheim - Caused by yet another crappy referee call where Pronger cross checks Hudler from behind who hits their goalie as he slides across the ice. Guess who gets the assist on that one? Pronger! - Good goal!

Goal three for Anaheim - Caused by a stick that the referee should have picked up 15 seconds prior when the puck was in the other end. Without that stick, there would be no goal. - Good goal!

Detroit's fourth goal - Caused by Detroit's domination that was seen throughout the game that finally made it's way in. Great play by Cleary to stop the puck and then jam at it to go home. - Bad Goal!

It's hilarious how HNIC is so outraged by the last goal yet all three Anaheim goals could have been prevented if the referees made the correct call/move. We've seen goals like Cleary's countless times both in the season and postseasons for years and only now do they call it a bad goal? I guess we could say it was karma for Hossa's bad break - how sweet the karma tastes. Suck it up Ducks, we should have finished you in game 5 if the calls were neutral.

Thank god we beat the *ucks. For the while there in the 2nd the zebras were doing everything they possibly could to get Anaheim back into the game (that penalty on Hudler was a *uckin' disgrace).

8 wins to go!

F**K YEAH MOTHERF**KING MOTHERF**KERS!!! WHOOOOOOO!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Man, what a game! What a win! Great battle against a team of warriors. I know people hate the Ducks (I kind of do, too), but man, do I respect them. They play huge in huge games and they have the heart of a champion. That's what makes this win so satisfying.

Helm's goal was fantastic, Zetterberg was a force all series long, Sammy had another big goal and Pavel's assist was a beauty. Tremendous game, unbelievable series, incredible, dramatic finish.

And Ozzie was very good, everything the Wings needed.

GO WINGS!!!! BRING ON CHICAGO!!!

....just so everyone knows...I have used my last prayer to the Hockey God's for this game. I stated " if you give the Wings the Heart & Drive, and power to win this game that I know they can.....I will not ask the Hockey God's for anything else for the rest of the series!"......................so...if we are in need of a Hockey Gods Prayer again.....(which I doubt!) PLEASE pick up my slack!

HudlerFanatic in Kodiak Alaska.........

Seriously, I used up my last plea to the Hockey God in game 6 of the finals last year

"If we can beat the Penguins and win the Cup I'll never ask for another favor"

Glad you still had one left!!

Alllrighttt, Blackhorse Beers and a Dan Cleary winner, beautiful :thumbup:

noooooooo black hborse is gross. molson canadian or blue star for the win!!! either way, down on george street we are pumped!!!!! i just hate typing on cell phone!!!!

What huh? Don't we want home ice throughout?

As much as I don't want to pick an opponent, I would take an original 6 stanley cup final in a heart beat.

So I say GO BRUINS.

....just so everyone knows...I have used my last prayer to the Hockey God's for this game. I stated " if you give the Wings the Heart & Drive, and power to win this game that I know they can.....I will not ask the Hockey God's for anything else for the rest of the series!"......................so...if we are in need of a Hockey Gods Prayer again.....(which I doubt!) PLEASE pick up my slack!

HudlerFanatic in Kodiak Alaska.........

well technically the series is over now and we're moving on to a new one.. so.. :D

Edited by hak

noooooooo black hborse is gross. molson canadian or blue star for the win!!! either way, down on george street we are pumped!!!!! i just hate typing on cell phone!!!!

Hahah, agreed on the other two, much better. Hey, at least your dedicated :P

neidemeier Just finishing a post game on CBC. He was crying about Hiller being pushed by cleary????? crying and whining...........

sore loser, and tjhe rest of you goons!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, what a game! What a win! Great battle against a team of warriors. I know people hate the Ducks (I kind of do, too), but man, do I respect them. They play huge in huge games and they have the heart of a champion. That's what makes this win so satisfying.

Yeah, the Ducks have that "it" that makes them extremely extremely extremely tough to play against in the playoffs. They know how to play playoff hockey. They don't make mistakes and play tough, tough defense. They might be the toughest challenge in all the NHL. (Hope I'm right.)

I LOVE IT

We get screwed on a no goal, Pronger gets away with murder, the Ducks play like the punks they are taking cheap shots all series long and in the end the Ducks fans snivel about a goal trickling across the goal line. I hope that pucks takes forever in their nightmares all summer. I hope they have mental breakdowns watching that puck barely slide across the line

Hee-hee...Kinda like the new All American Rejects new song. "Every time you see that goal I hope it gives you Hell, hope it gives you Hell!"