1913 replies to this topic

#121 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (titanium2 @ May 14, 2009 - 01:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tonight I hope for brains to triumph over brawn.

And skill to triumph over skullduggery. (sp?!)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#122 heed316

heed316

Greenman strikes down the Wings foes

• PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Little over an hour til game time!

#123 EuroTwin

EuroTwin

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,707 posts

QUOTE (MidMichSteve @ May 14, 2009 - 05:33PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't wait to see your posts tonight. smile.gif

laugh.gif I have a feeling it will be very... SPELLING LOL.

Hudler and Franzen are going to score tonight because I just spent money on them.
Hudler!!

"If you didn't know him, and saw him without hockey gear, you'd never suspect Datsyuk to be a world-class athlete. He walks a bit hunched over. His gait is somewhat crab-like, almost like he's still skating, even on dry land.

But put him on skates and he's Houdini on ice. He is not the fastest skater by a long shot, but there can't be too many who are stronger or more flexible. Checking him has to feel like checking Gumby. You might get a piece of him, but he bounces away, moving faster thanks to the leverage he gained from your check."

From The Detroit News

#124 heed316

heed316

Greenman strikes down the Wings foes

• PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

How much must it suck for all you on the west coast too...4pm start time for a game 7!

#125 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

UK Night Shift reporting for duty thumbup.gif Thankfully NHL radio works again on my PC at work so I will be able to listen to this game between samples smile.gif

I've got a horrible feeling the Wings are due for another horrific disallowed goal tonight, but hopefully the goal and 13 assists by Datsyuk in a 14-3 win will negate that.

Let the final round of the battle between Good and Evil commence ph34r.gif
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#126 DatsMyWings13

DatsMyWings13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Konnan511 @ May 14, 2009 - 03:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm watching it in my apartment, in Mount Pleasant (CMU) on my HD projector and surround sound. Bought my Captains and coke...should be a great night!

Sounds tasty I'll probably be drinking Crown and Coke.

Edited by DatsMyWings13, 14 May 2009 - 04:55 PM.

#127 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:54 PM

Anyone else freaking out. I'm all nervous and stressed about this game, I want them to win so bad. It makes it 100x more powerful that losing to the ducks for the consecutive playoff series would be mind numbingly painful.

Plus Hawks/Wings Conference finals would be so sweet.

#128 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (heed316 @ May 14, 2009 - 03:51PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much must it suck for all you on the west coast too...4pm start time for a game 7!

Not at all. I miss that about being stationed in SD. Come home from work and cue up the DVR and enjoy a Wings game with dinner. It's these 10:30 pm starts that are brutal.
Hockeytown - No Limits

#129 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:01 PM

1hour countdown... i will be so depressed if wings lose this one................

#130 tommingthepuck96

tommingthepuck96

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:02 PM

Will i be blacked out on versus if i live in the anaheim market tonight?

#131 hmmthesharks

hmmthesharks

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:03 PM

Good luck to the Wings tonight! I want the Quacks to DIE!

But I am a tad nervous, not gonna lie. The Ducks have played well against the Wings. It'll be a close game.

#132 WingingIt

WingingIt

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:03 PM

so we really need to win so I can post the pics i just took in the next #posts for a win thread b/c it's already closed tounge2.gif GO WINGS!
Rob McClanahan: You want me to play huh? Is that what you want?
Herb Brooks: I want you to be a hockey player!
Rob McClanahan: I AM A HOCKEY PLAYER! YOU WANT ME TO PLAY ON ONE LEG? HUH? I'LL PLAY ON ONE LEG!

#133 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (hmmthesharks @ May 14, 2009 - 05:03PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck to the Wings tonight! I want the Quacks to DIE!

But I am a tad nervous, not gonna lie. The Ducks have played well against the Wings. It'll be a close game.

Glad you're here! wink.gif

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#134 drfnr14

drfnr14

OZZY, WITH THE SAVE!!!!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

man i am super nervous!! 1 hour till puck drop!!

#135 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (DatsMyWings13 @ May 14, 2009 - 05:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds tasty I'll probably be drinking Crown and Coke.

I definitely went for quantity over quality, but does it really matter, after a certain point it all tastes the same. And if we score more than 3 goals (shots per goals and total number of assist) I could very well die tonight...but if/when we win, it'll be worth it!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#136 hmmthesharks

hmmthesharks

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Vladifan @ May 14, 2009 - 03:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad you're here! wink.gif

I won't be here for long, unfortunately. tongue.gif I have work half an hour after the game starts so I will have to keep myself updated on the score with my phone. But I am definitely recording the game!

#137 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:09 PM

Is mindfly predicting a loss in this one? I sure f'ing hope so as our win% is MUCH better when he does.

#138 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Konnan511 @ May 14, 2009 - 05:44PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is it that I always agree with you?

Because I'm awesome. smile.gif

wink.gif

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#139 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

Pregame show started at 6 p.m. on FSD for those that can get it.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#140 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:14 PM

Yes 4pm starts suck. Luckily I'm unemployed so I won't miss a SECOND!!!
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GDT, anaheim ducks, stanley cup, playoffs, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users