• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1913 replies to this topic

#1781 hokike

hokike

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

First, for those RW fans who stil try to critisize Wings, some food for thought: what is the difference between good and average team? Good team can play one average game and still they win but for average team everything has to go on their way.

It is unrealistic to expect that for every PO game all team members play 100% but games as such, well, happen maybe once or twice per series...

Second, in case if some did not notice, a "soft euro" team just beat by far the toughest team in POs, so please there is no need for posts like "f*** euros, I want tough north americans", especially after losses.

Edited by hokike, 14 May 2009 - 09:10 PM.

Crosby’s frustration level seemed to reach a boiling point in the final seconds, leading to him cross-checking Zetterberg in the back in front of Detroit goaltender Jimmy Howard(notes).

“I knew it was him without turning around,” Zetterberg said.

#1782 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

I don't want to stop watching the post game coverage, but really want to see game 7 in Boston >_<

I'd stream it, but my internets been d/cing every few minutes annoyingly enough at the moment.
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#1783 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

Just great, simply great. I'm still feeling ecstatic from Cleary's goal and the win. Also, the B's just tied it up wink.gif
I would've hated for our game to go to OT but theirs, I wouldn't mind watching that one bit.

#1784 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:09 PM

Can't understand why swedish television choosed the stupid ducks feed, two times in a row... i had to watch the entire game on mute, the few times i unmuted they were whining i was like theeeeeeeeeee fuuuuuuck.... MUTE

#1785 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:10 PM

BTW, remember Pronger touched the octopus. They had no chance to win this game, no matter how close they made it.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#1786 TheSupafly

TheSupafly

Shark fan extrodinaire

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Good job guys. Good luck against the Hawks.

#1787 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

QUOTE (mindfly @ May 14, 2009 - 08:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't understand why swedish television choosed the stupid ducks feed, two times in a row... i had to watch the entire game on mute, the few times i unmuted they were whining i was like theeeeeeeeeee fuuuuuuck.... MUTE

That's weird, you'd think that since it's the Wings playing with all their Swedes they'd pick the Wings feed. Oh well

#1788 Lord Stanley XI

Lord Stanley XI

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

Didn't see Getzlaf give Ozzie a little hug. I can like him now.
The poster formerly known as Stan Leycup X (2002-2008)

Coming soon: XII, Captain

#1789 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

QUOTE (mindfly @ May 15, 2009 - 04:09AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Third time this series those f***ers went Ducks feed, I think.

Edited by Systemfel, 14 May 2009 - 09:12 PM.

#1790 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

Would have actually loved the game to end on a terrible referee mishap so the Duck's faithful could feel some of our pain, but I'll take a definitive victory as well too tongue.gif Hell if not for a PPG given to the Ducks for Pronger cross-checking/interfering with Hudler, and a broken stick we could have had a shut out, though that's irrelevant and ultimately meaningless. Just food for thought if any Duck fans want to conjure up some mythological reason they where robbed.
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#1791 Peleshob

Peleshob

Jesusberg

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:12 PM

Detroit fought so hard... I am proud to be a Wings fan. The whole series was an uphill battle. It just shows how good this team is after so many teams winning the cup and fading the next year.

#1792 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

QUOTE (YoungGuns1340 @ May 14, 2009 - 07:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You want to talk about embellishment? Haha. Wizniewski looked like he got shot with that love tap.

Thinking back on it, I hope he gets a serious case of whiplash from it.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1793 Lord Stanley XI

Lord Stanley XI

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

QUOTE (Vincanni @ May 14, 2009 - 10:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would have actually loved the game to end on a terrible referee mishap so the Duck's faithful could feel some of our pain, but I'll take a definitive victory as well too tongue.gif Hell if not for a PPG given to the Ducks for Pronger cross-checking/interfering with Hudler, and a broken stick we could have had a shut out, though that's irrelevant and ultimately meaningless. Just food for thought if any Duck fans want to conjure up some mythological reason they where robbed.

Well obviously they are already crying foul over the GWG

#1794 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:13 PM

So Carlyle and Niedermayer are whining about the last Wings goal.

So, suddenly the Ducks are all about the rules?

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#1795 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:14 PM

They made this series too damn stressful. I hope the WCF go much smoother.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#1796 Lord Stanley XI

Lord Stanley XI

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Vladifan @ May 14, 2009 - 10:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thinking back on it, I hope he gets a serious case of whiplash from it.

We won. It's over. Let's try to be the classy fans we wish others would be.

#1797 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (Vincanni @ May 14, 2009 - 09:42PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hope the first thing each Wing does after going into the locker room is wash their hands tongue.gif

LMAO, second thing they should do too.

The Ducks played another amazing series. We were very lucky to come out of this game with a W. They did what they do very well and almost pulled it off against a superior team.

You can't give the Wings enough credit for the amazing fortitude they displayed under duress considering the way some of the games were called by the zebras. They kept their poise and pulled it out despite the adversities. The PK, of all things, saved the season for us.

A series for the ages. This will be talked about for a very long time.

Thank you Dan Cleary!!!!!!

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#1798 EuroTwin

EuroTwin

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,707 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

I'm feeling sof****** zen right now.

It's awesome.

Just like the Wings.
Hudler!!

"If you didn't know him, and saw him without hockey gear, you'd never suspect Datsyuk to be a world-class athlete. He walks a bit hunched over. His gait is somewhat crab-like, almost like he's still skating, even on dry land.

But put him on skates and he's Houdini on ice. He is not the fastest skater by a long shot, but there can't be too many who are stronger or more flexible. Checking him has to feel like checking Gumby. You might get a piece of him, but he bounces away, moving faster thanks to the leverage he gained from your check."

From The Detroit News

#1799 WingsFanInNJ

WingsFanInNJ

Jr. Prospect

• 23 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

yahoo.gif thumbs-up.gif band.gif thumbup.gif beerchug.gif

I'm glad that's over.

THANK YOU, DAN CLEARY!

Bye-bye, Ducks. Have fun on the golf course. tongue.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

Bring on the Blackhawks, and some better referees. laugh.gif

#1800 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

Someone buy Dan Cleary a whole lot of beer, steak and maybe a lap dance or twelve. Man earned it tonight.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GDT, anaheim ducks, stanley cup, playoffs, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users