Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ May 14, 2009 - 09:28PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How could you?

Your "demon world" avatar was probably the coolest thing about you. hehe.gif

Bring it back this instant.

Haha, demon world? It was some dudes watching fireworks from the roof of their house.

Eh. I'll think about it. tongue.gif

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1822 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

FSN Postgame coverage.
Go Blue!!!

#1823 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (EZBAKETHAGANGSTA @ May 14, 2009 - 07:37PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got the goal anyway.

******* cheap ass mofos

Dats is amazing

Exactly. He played a huge part in that goal.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1824 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:32 PM

Justice was served tonight, but like Mickey said, the wings ought to get on the horn and absolutely chew someone out about the officiating tonight.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#1825 redwingbill

redwingbill

redwingbill

• 41 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:34 PM

Congrats to the Wings,

We are going to need ALL of the studs to start producing if we hope to WIN THE CUP!

#1826 Lord Stanley XI

Lord Stanley XI

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Every time I turn back to FSN I see Hair York so I stopped watching for any coverage.
The poster formerly known as Stan Leycup X (2002-2008)

Coming soon: XII, Captain

#1827 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

QUOTE (Dabura @ May 14, 2009 - 09:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, demon world? It was some dudes watching fireworks from the roof of their house.

Eh. I'll think about it. tongue.gif

Weird, I always thought your user name came from a character that was on Dragonball Z. biggrin.gif

Since I was a huge fan of the show in my younger days, I figured that the name sounded too odd to come from anywhere else.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1828 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (wingfan4ever @ May 14, 2009 - 07:40PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's probably a class that each Ducks player must take in order to play.

Hey. It's L.A. They probably DO take "method" acting classes.

Edited by Vladifan, 14 May 2009 - 09:36 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1829 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

I'm really looking forward to Chicago. I think their defense will be a little looser, and Chicago likes to play run and gun hockey. The offense should be great in the series.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#1830 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

QUOTE (Dabura @ May 14, 2009 - 07:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Strader and his partner are telling it like it is.

Yeupp. And I also appreciated the fact that they repeated that Pronger should have been called on the Hossa takedown.

#1831 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

What did mickey redmond and ken daniels say about the refs tonight, were there alot of "hooly macrel" "come on" etc? biggrin.gif

#1832 PavelIsMoney

PavelIsMoney

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Just some quotes from the duck forums. (Merely curious) and they didn't dissapoint.

QUOTE (tyrowjames @ May 14 2009, 06:45 PM) *
Well, we had a great Season, but it's to bad that things "happen" the way they "happen".

it's jus been the same story for so long, NHL does not want us near the Finals again.

people on this board can say "what conspiracy?" but the proof was there all series long.

thanks Ducks, lets get farther next year.

I posted this BEFORE the game, original 6 was too much to pass up. Refs did their job, they didn't let the players decide the game on the ice, the game was decided by the striped shirts.

(SORRY WHAT WAS HE WATCHING? LOL)

next.

It's sad...ticky tack calls against the Ducks and huge trips, and double face off encroachments let go. Devorski and the NHL are corrupt....There is no doubt in my mind...

What a crock. So many no calls. How many high sticks must we endure or players being upended. The NHL is an absolute joke. The NHL now resides with the ranks of the rest of pro sports where skill, talent, and will get you no where. Its all about steroids, dynasties, and revenue generation. Total BS!

(this guys clearly butthurt)

next

Good for Detroit, their city can use the revenue.

(typical classy duck fan)

next

well is everyone gonna argue on here with OUR CAPTAIN Scott Niedermayer's post game interview on CBC about the goal?
He said something like, "well, he kinda pushed Hiller's pad, I didn't know that was allowed..."
and he was arguing after the game with the refs [too late obviously].

it was jus a trash goal, it's to bad the Season had to end like that.

(still crying about what was clearly a GOOD goal)

next

That ghetto city needs to burn. It is a cancer on the face of our country.

(another detroit comment, very classy)

next

Now now.. not all people from that city are as classless as Wings fan.

(hatred is obvious)

next

Not a good thing to say. Ever. That city helped build the middle class of this country. Like a lot of places, it's fallen on hard times. But tonight, it's Hockeytown again.

That being said, I hope the Hawks beat their diving, whining, hooking, stinky old hockey team. Can't believe we lost to them but there we are.

(half right but half wrong, poor sport)

in closing i would like to say personally, did the ducks fans overlook that LOOSE STICK that cost erricson to give up the puck and give the ducks a free goal? where was the officiating on that?

#1833 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

Quick thoughts:
- That's about as close as a series can get.
- The better team won.
- The Ducks have an incredible defense. They collapse on net and get Hiller's ****** rebounds out really quick.
- That said, Niedermayer and Pronger are overrated in their own zone. Lidstrom is still the best in the game, easily.
- The Ducks are GREAT at scoring timely goals. They seem to get a lot of lucky breaks but good teams earn their breaks.
- Getzlaf is the most underrated player in the league. I was scared every time he had the puck.
- Incredible that Datsyuk can be so cold and the Wings still win. Not many teams could overcome something like that.
- The Wings in the regular season vs. the Wings in the playoffs are like night and day. I guess there is a switch.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#1834 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Wings_Rule_1010 @ May 14, 2009 - 07:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ducks were bringing the pressure at the end. Shows you what happens when the refs call a bulls*** call, which in turn, causes a goal, which then switches momentum.... selanne whining. are you kidding me?

Yessir. The refs hideous calls did nothing but energize the Ducks. Not only for the goals, but the Ducks (OK, Pronger) also knew they were getting away with s*** that they knew they should be called on.

#1835 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

GO CANES!!!

#1836 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

The better team won.
I just find it funny how Ducks think the refs are against them, yet if you wager the lists each team makes of incorrect calls, the list against Detroit would be double and ultimately gave the Ducks a chance that shouldn't have even been there.

O.o

#1837 UKWING

UKWING

3rd Line Checker

• HoF Booster
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (aflac9262 @ May 15, 2009 - 03:27AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is our first series clincher at home since the 2002 Stanley Cup finals, no?

4-2 over NSH @ NSH

4-2 over CGY @ CGY
4-2 over SJ @ SJ

4-2 over NSH @ NSH
4-0 over COL @ COL
4-2 over DAL @ DAL
4-2 over PIT @ PIT

not only that - it is the 1st wings series that has ended (win or loss) at the joe since the 2002 clincher. every series since then had been 4 or 6 games.

#1838 Peleshob

Peleshob

Jesusberg

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

As much as people have ragged on Datsyuk, he showed up huge tonight. Twice on the PK and then on the Samuelsson goal. I hope he can put up more points against the Hawks. He's been great against Chicago.

Edited by Peleshob, 14 May 2009 - 09:47 PM.

#1839 tdinc

tdinc

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,585 posts

I am happy.. Sleepy time

Nite folks smile.gif

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#1840 Lord Stanley XI

Lord Stanley XI

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

QUOTE (PavelIsMoney @ May 14, 2009 - 10:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just some quotes from the duck forums. (Merely curious) and they didn't dissapoint.
well is everyone gonna argue on here with OUR CAPTAIN Scott Niedermayer's post game interview on CBC about the goal?
He said something like, "well, he kinda pushed Hiller's pad, I didn't know that was allowed..."
and he was arguing after the game with the refs [too late obviously].

it was jus a trash goal, it's to bad the Season had to end like that.

The way I saw it, the puck went off the back of Hiller's pad and probably would have gone in regardless of Cleary doing anything. And when a Duck defenseman has room to get in between Cleary and Hiller, it can't really be interference!
The poster formerly known as Stan Leycup X (2002-2008)

Coming soon: XII, Captain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users