• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mike

Babcock speaks to Datsyuk about lack of production

Rate this topic

well, a fire needs to be lit on his ass. but i will guarntee this-

if the wings lose game 7(they will not) there will be multiply threads blaming pavel!!!!!

YOU HEARD IT FIRST HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-dear pavel,

you need to step up your play, score goals now. no if ands, or buts! no excuses. you had ur little break. uve had plenty of chances, to dittle dattle with the puck. STOP! ******* around and score goals in game 7. yes u wanted to have an exicited home game 7. but ur killing us all with nerves. win the game for us so we can move on

thanks,

LGW.com

English version please?

Datsyuk have to stop playing too cute. He has been dangling but he cannot bury or produce some offensive work. Best players must show up when they are really needed

Anyone who blames Pavel can stick it up thier ass. He has played great. So he hasn't scored... big s***. He's been snake bit but the poison eventually wears off. Get off his back he has enough on it.

That being said Go Pavel, Go Wings!!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!

A bit off topic but it takes 6hours from new york to L.A, is it really 6hours between detroit and anaheim? slow airplane?

Well not slow, just old. Its a 20YO DC9 that has a range of 'around' 1650 nautical miles or so. Because I have way too much time on my hands, I track it when its airborne. It always has to stop to refuel on the journey west (generally KS), and 'sometimes' has to stop going east. Guess it depends on tailwinds. Tho when they don't stop going east I get just a tad nervous.

I think Babs should do what Carlyle did before Game 6.. have the players eat pizza and enjoy some not-too-serious activity to loosen them up and get their minds off the gravity of the situation. Especially Datsyuk. He just seems to be thinking too much.

However, I couldn't care less if Datsyuk doesn't get any points tonight, as long as the team wins.

I disagree with this the wings went to Disney before that game 6 that just rubbed me the wrong way, football players have it right, after they won the superbowl they say they are going to disney land. Just too loose for me.

Guest lilja4mvp

wait, so we can't blame pavel? we're all ok with 4 points in 10 games?

that's unacceptable for a hart trophy candidate.

period.

Return your eyes for in store credit Dats... they blow! and stop those comercials they are making Rhamani look silly when accompanied with your play!

I said it before and I'll say it again. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WIN WINGS!!! It's serioulsy like the battle between good and evil we have to prevail, or I will question everything :)

I also believe it's a battle between good and evil. At least in the world of athletics.

Or another way to put it is between crude and class.

Dats will break out of his slump and score twice and get everyone on here thinking Arby's. Then Ericsson will rip Perry's head off and use it to bowl Hiller out of the net.

Yeupp to the first part. Nope to the second part. Because Perry will run like the cheapshot coward he is.

Which reminds me - one of the comments Keith Jones said when dribbling on his bib about the mighty cheapshotting of the Ducks...that "Perry couldn't find Ericsson, so he went after Rafalski".

Therein lies all the logic and credibility that is Versus.

Anyone who blames Pavel can stick it up thier ass. He has played great. So he hasn't scored... big s***. He's been snake bit but the poison eventually wears off. Get off his back he has enough on it.

That being said Go Pavel, Go Wings!!!!

This pretty much says it for me, too. :deal: Thanks for putting it so pointedly.

Apparently, coach Babcock thinks that Pavel hasn't been playing up to his potential, so much so that he had to sit down and have a little chat with him.

It absolutely IS "big s***" when your best offensive player isn't scoring in the playoffs. I'm not blaming Dats singly, but he is one of our players who has been underperforming.

Somebody else said it here pretty well. That yeah, he's a star, but there are others who should be doing a whole lot better too. Couldn't agree more. He's already trying too hard, I think - so I will not get on his butt. It's the least I can do as a fan.

Edited by Vladifan

We know it's a big deal because Babcock had a chat with him? I agree Dat's performance in this round isn't good enough, but I don't agree with your argument at all. I sure hope the coach having a "little chat" with one of his players is in fact a regular occurrence and actually doesn't constitute making it a big deal.

Plus we have no idea of what the actual conversation entailed. He could have screamed and yelled, telling him to get his s*** together or it could have been a keep your head up and keep shooting things are going to come type conversation.

I would imagine he was more concerned with Pavel's mental state than his actual game, the guys lives off 1/4 second reads, hesitation would not be good for his play.

I played online in NHL 09 today against a guy who picked the Ducks. I won 1-0 on a Datsyuk goal. It's a sign!

i would love to see that!!! dats has been awesome, sometimes you don't get a bounce. personally though, i'd like to see atleast 3-0 with a datsyuk hatty! then he can moon the media after the game :thumbup:

go wings

Goals or not, Datsyuk is above criticism in my book. The guy is one of the greatest hockey players in the world. He shows up. This is clearly some bizarre drought that can't be explained by him simply choking.

I have a feeling though that, since this series has been a storybook battle, it's going to have a massive climax, with Datsyuk exploding to top off the "feel good" victory of Good over Evil. ;)

Dats will break out of his slump and score twice and get everyone on here thinking Arby's. Then Ericsson will rip Perry's head off and use it to bowl Hiller out of the net.

Now that would be cool!!!! LOL. I do see Pavs breaking out this game. Not sure why, but I just feel it.

Dats has been shut down by Pronger, Neidermayer, and Marchant all series long. He has been playing pretty well, but once halfway inside the Ducks zone, he is just suffocated.

I, just like everyone else on here, hope he can overcome this tonight.

Edited by under_par_00