• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Crazy gametime superstitions?

Rate this topic

OH god, I can't believe I'm actually about to type this all out.

The eve of a game I wear my red wings jammie bottoms and my feed the mule shirt to bed.

Game day - Red Game Day Thong (RGDT)

White tank and Winter Classic jersey

Jersey MUST be off during intermissions.

I have a believe rock - right front pocket

I wear two octopus charms - one in gold named "Al" and one in silver named "Stanloo"

I wear two hairbands around my left arm - one white and one red

This season for home games (meaning I'm watching from home) I wear the same jeans and rainbow flip flops.

I sit in exactly the same spot on the couch even when people are over and they all know it. When ThirdManIn and his GF are over they ALWAYS sit to my right.

:clap: :clap:

I sit in the same place at home on the floor in front of the Mega screen. If the wings aren't playing well, I shift my body over a bit to tweak my team...lol.

Also If the Wings aren't playing well, I switch the station for a second and then put it right back to watch the real Wings play.

Hey its worked countless times.

game 3, I went to bed to finish watching...Big Mistake.

Game 6, I went to the kitchen,ducks score. I went to the bathroom ducks score.

Today I may have to find my good seat and station early and glue my butt to the seat and I may have to put on a catheter.LOL

The eve of a game I wear my red wings jammie bottoms and my feed the mule shirt to bed.

I wear two octopus charms - one in gold named "Al" and one in silver named "Stanloo"

This season for home games (meaning I'm watching from home) I wear the same jeans and rainbow flip flops.

I sit in exactly the same spot on the couch even when people are over and they all know it. When ThirdManIn and his GF are over they ALWAYS sit to my right.

That is GREAT!!

- I put my jersey on before the national anthem (if I don't it's usually bad luck in the first period)

- During the national anthem I hit my heels to the middle of the other foot (like if you were kicking your foot to the back of a skate)

- If Zetterberg scores first I tuck in the left side of my Datsyuk jersey (never lost this way, the first time it got Z a hatty)

- Never use my Wings glass until gameday

- Never change the channel when the puck is in play

- After the game I fold up my jersey and put it in its drawer, and pat the crest the number of times we have wins in the playoffs (and sometimes brush it for how many losses in the round)

also - When the wings are looking tired/out-skated I have to stop reclining and sit on the edge of my seat

Edited by Swayze

:thumbup:

wear my zetts jersey and my stanley hat and eat ice cream or some sort of frozen beverage b4 the game starts. And currently i have to fight for a tv in my home to actually watch the games b/c no one else cares (GAH!) so far i've won all the fights ;)

If the game is being showed on the Canadian channel, I have to watch it there. If I don't, lots and lots of bad juju.

If the game is on FSD, that's my second choice. That's a 50/50 chance of a win.

If the game is only on versus, I have to put it on, but mute the volume and turn on the radio and listen to it on there. Listening to the the versus broadcast is WAYYYY bad juju.

I go get the towels and white pom poms from previous playoff games I've attended and put one on each couch in the living room.

If it's a home game, I wear my red Dan Cleary jersey.. but I must put it on as soon as the Wings hit the ice.

If it's an away game, I wear my autographed Steve Yzerman jersey (for that extra push), and it must be put on when the opposing team hits the ice.

My dad and I MUST have hot cocoa at every intermission from our Detroit Red Wings mugs. As a side note, you cannot finish your cocoa before the last three minutes of the period. That is EVIL.

And, like all of you, I must sit in the same position in the same spot with the same blanket on the couch.

Edited by Ms_Hockey

I put on my Stevie Jersey. Buy a case of Labats beer. Turn the lights off and turn on the game.

I play NHL XX on my PS3 before the game starts, Normally I set it up Wings vs Who ever we are playing and try to setup the lines correctly and play a "real" game before the Wings games starts.

Also I have to finish the 12 labats before the end of the game.

I take a peice of paper around class and have certain people write the letters of "BABCOCK" on it.

According to the superstition the last girl has to put the last CK and erase the k.

Finally, our teacher that loves hockey, finishes off "Babcock" with a K.

Its worked every game we've tried it. (We didn't do it before last game.)

First of all, I must wear one of my jerseys on the day of a playoff game. I started this last year and well, yeah.

During game time, I sit on my couch slouched forward with my hands crossed. I must stay like this during the entire period (even commercials), and only during the intermissions am I allowed to relax. I also HAVE to watch the game at home. Nowhere else is acceptable.

If we win, the jersey stays on until I go to bed. If we lose, the jersey comes off immediately and is hung up for the next game.

Nothing too extreme I guess.

I take a big s*** right before the game starts.

Is that because the excitement of watching the Wings would make you crap yourself?

Edited by bellarina

- Before i sleep the day before a playoff game i must wear a wings shirt to sleep

- I must wear my jersey throughout the whole day

- Everytime i leave my room i must touch the Wings logo above my Bedroom Door

- i must visit these websites: LETSGOWINGS, mlive, nhl, freep, tsn.ca

- I go to my youtube account and watch all the wings videos that are reccomended for me

- I am not allowed to get up during the game only during intermissions

- i must hold my redwings towel from the previous playoff game i went to

- And finally wear the wings jersey till i go to sleep

:rotflmao:

Edited by 40 Red Wings 13