• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Stevie Y

Attitude towards other fans

Rate this topic

Did anybody else notice that the attitude towards other fans became increasingly negative and aggressive? I know this is a wings fan site and I am also aware of the fact that we are playing a tight series against a team that most of us dislike because of other series in recent history. But, as some of the senior members pointed out, this is also a hockey forum and isn't it far more interesting to discuss things with people that have other opinions? So far I think our behaviour towards them was far worse than vice versa...

Debatable. When opposing fans are ridiculous and post absurd things they deserve to be put in their place. I'm sure everyone here's loves to discuss hockey with other knowledgeable fans, but in most cases they aren't and are just looking for a reaction.

Debatable. When opposing fans are ridiculous and post absurd things they deserve to be put in their place. I'm sure everyone here's loves to discuss hockey with other knowledgeable fans, but in most cases they aren't and are just looking for a reaction.

X2

im guessing you missed a lot of the "other" fans posts. most have came on here spouting off stuff just to try and start stuff. and the mods will let them stay long enough to get a page full of smack down. then they band them. i think most of us on here have been pretty good to other fans.

I took off names because i really dont care about this person but he sent me this PM first:

Where'd you go? Go back to disney.com if you're going to spout your nonsense.

I responded:

dude, seriously your starting to piss me off, im not your typical troll, im not talking s*** to anyone, so stfu before you get me banned for talking s***.

He sent back:

You are a typical troll. Get the f*** out.

Goes to show how cool some people are lol

I guess it depends on how you define "ridiculous" and "knowledgeable". If this means "not agreeing with us" and "agreeing with us" than you are right. But for example in the various brawl threads opposing fans were called names and were told to take their homer glasses off because they did not agree with us...

I took off names because i really dont care about this person but he sent me this PM first:

I responded:

dude, seriously your starting to piss me off, im not your typical troll, im not talking s*** to anyone, so stfu before you get me banned for talking s***.

He sent back:

yea thats pretty uncalled for unless you started some s*** but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. during these playoffs i have really seen an increase of trolling fans, more so trolling wings fans who dont know anything about the game and its starting to really piss me off.

Truly there is nothing better then a good natured debate between fans of a dying sport. Seriously there is not many of us left and the more we can talk the more new fans we might bring in. A good, healthy arguement with light ribbing is exciting. Like everywhere there are Red Wings fans we choose not know. The amazing thing about this site is the montoring is strong and consistent, if you have an issue bring it up to a mod or matt and either duck fan, pen fan or wings fan your issue will be heard and solved accordingly. I think it is stupid for insults to be thrown that are over the top. Keyboard tough guys are the most annoying people in the world. Although you have to be able to take some minor insults for the nature of that game. You have to have thick skin.

Did anybody else notice that the attitude towards other fans became increasingly negative and aggressive? I know this is a wings fan site and I am also aware of the fact that we are playing a tight series against a team that most of us dislike because of other series in recent history. But, as some of the senior members pointed out, this is also a hockey forum and isn't it far more interesting to discuss things with people that have other opinions? So far I think our behaviour towards them was far worse than vice versa...

It's the playoffs and while I don't really come on here and attack other fans - I have no problem with those who do. Game 7 against the s*** eating Ducks and you are worried about the treatment of other fans?

I live in Chicago, and deal with a non stop s*** show of a hard time when I go to the United Center - and that's in the regular season. Granted I open my mouth quite a bit - I still get it bad. I shrug it off because thats how it goes.

Other fans? F*ck 'em for right now. I am worried about one thing and one thing only - winning. Outside that I could care less who is "mean" or "agressive" to another teams fans on THIS (a Red Wings) forum.

yea thats pretty uncalled for unless you started some s*** but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. during these playoffs i have really seen an increase of trolling fans, more so trolling wings fans who dont know anything about the game and its starting to really piss me off.

It was me. & it was completely called for; he's a Ducks fan.

I've always been negative towards other fans. I don't go out and try to start fights and dump beers on people, but I'm still not interested in consorting with them. Maybe it's the years of living in enemy territory...

It was me. & it was completely called for; he's a Ducks fan.

WRONG.

Simply being the fan of another team doesn't mean they should be s*** on by people 24/7. Trolls, yes. Just fans who don't happen to root for the Red Wings, no. I don't care what team he roots for, if he's got a sense of humor and can roll with the punches here without turning into a jackass, I'll defend him against this kind of garbage.

This is the s*** that gives us all bad names.

I responded:

He sent back:

One of the most respectful Duck fans that's appeared this year. (this being my first year, so not alot of posters to compare to)

People like you are the cool ones to have around :P The fact you took out names might as well be reason enough to keep you around.

There was a good group of Columbus fans in the first round too, you'll always get some jerks, but hopefully we can weed those out - Wings and other Fans.

WRONG.

Simply being the fan of another team doesn't mean they should be s*** on by people 24/7. Trolls, yes. Just fans who don't happen to root for the Red Wings, no. I don't care what team he roots for, if he's got a sense of humor and can roll with the punches here without turning into a jackass, I'll defend him against this kind of garbage.

This is the s*** that gives us all bad names.

Wrong. He's a DUCKS fan.

Edited by steveyzerman

I responded:

He sent back:

This seems like as good a time as any to remind everyone what it says in the forum rules:

Members are not allowed to dicate vocally whether or not fans of an opposing team should post here. Members that attempt to discourage fans from opposing teams from posting here will have their Hockey Discussion posting privileges suspended.

So yes, anyone harassing non-troll members who root for the other guys (which hail2ducks has been, more or less) runs the risk of suspension, and that goes whether it's PMs or on the board itself.

We had a big problem with that a couple years ago, people instantly assuming a non-Wings fan was a troll and giving them a hard time when really those were the people who were being bigger dicks. This clause stamped that out. Let's not have any of it.

So you've basically admitted to harrassing someone through the PM system for something arbitrary, like what team they root for.

I didn't just draw a name out of a hat with the word DUCK in it. We were conversing on the forums. & who the f*** are you any way? Everyone is on a powertrip in this place.

We're talking about the Goddamned ducks. In the playoffs. Game 7.

Edited by steveyzerman

So you've basically admitted to harrassing someone through the PM system for something arbitrary, like what team they root for.

You harassed that same poster a few nights ago in the GDT thread, if I remember correctly...

You harassed that same poster a few nights ago in the GDT thread, if I remember correctly...

Because he was coming off to me like he was here to start s***. Clearly I was wrong about that, otherwise I wouldn't be defending the guy now.