• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Getzlaf

Rate this topic

Arguably the 2nd best power forward in the game today (after Ovechkin). I don't really like him but unlike Perry, Pronger or Neidermayer I'd cheer for him instantly if he were a Wing.

yes, it was a classy move. But it's too little too late. Getzlaf has been whining, bitching and moaning more than anyone else in this entire series. I've hated watching him. He's cheap shotted, slashed, and acted like a baby for seven games. he makes one classy move and he's a saint? gimme a break. :thumbdown:

yes, it was a classy move. But it's too little too late. Getzlaf has been whining, bitching and moaning more than anyone else in this entire series. I've hated watching him. He's cheap shotted, slashed, and acted like a baby for seven games. he makes one classy move and he's a saint? gimme a break. :thumbdown:

give me a break, both teams were whining, bitching and moaning about alot of things that happen in this series, that is what hockey is about you play hard for 4 to 7 games and then show the other team that beat you respect, it has been that way for years, if the tables were turned your team would respect the winning team also. So all of the Redwings fans giving Gtez props. good for you and to all the other fans who don't your are not real hockey fans.

give me a break, both teams were whining, bitching and moaning about alot of things that happen in this series, that is what hockey is about you play hard for 4 to 7 games and then show the other team that beat you respect, it has been that way for years, if the tables were turned your team would respect the winning team also. So all of the Redwings fans giving Gtez props. good for you and to all the other fans who don't your are not real hockey fans.

"Your are not real hockey fans" is really good english for someone from Anaheim. Goes to show the level of education out there. I'm Puerto Rican, and even I speak better english.

As for the rest of your post, I never said that what Getzlaf did by showing respect at the end was wrong. He did the right thing. All I'm saying is that no one should crown him as a saint for doing what he is SUPPOSED to do. Big whoop. We're giving the guy a pat on the back for doing something everyone does? Gimme a break.

And for the record, the Wings were at the losing end of the vast majority of the glaring officiating errors in this series. When the Wings complained about calls, we had a right to do so. Case in point, the end of game 3. Getzlaf on the other hand was moaning about Wings supposedly diving, or complaining when calls weren't going his way, even though the vast majority of the calls WERE going his way.

If I was a Wing, I'd shake his hand and pat him on the back at the end of the series, like I'm supposed to. I'd give him the respect he deserves as a great hockey player. But I wouldn't expect anyone to call me Mother Theresa for doing so.

Arguably the 2nd best power forward in the game today (after Ovechkin).

You think Ovechkin is a power forward? He throws his body around but that's it, he is a pure sniper: he doesn't grind or dig in corners very well and he certainly doesn't ever camp in front of the net or down low. He lives between the hash marks.

The sort of guy it's easy to hate on the ice. Yaps a LOT. Damn if I wouldn't want him on the Wings in a quick minute though.

Course, had we lost, this thread would be all f*** THAT GUY f*** HIM IN THE POOPER.

My thoughts as well...good on him for being class if true (I didn't see the thing with Lids and was too busy puking to notice the handshake line).

You think Ovechkin is a power forward? He throws his body around but that's it, he is a pure sniper: he doesn't grind or dig in corners very well and he certainly doesn't ever camp in front of the net or down low. He lives between the hash marks.

I was just about to add the same comment. The only other power forward that Getzlaf reminds me of, is Joe Thornton

I would love to see Getzlaf wearing the Winged Wheel. The kid is an absolute stud.

Seconded.

The guy is a beast. And he's 24 years old.

I don't get why people are talking about how classless or dirty he is on the ice. I hate most of the Ducks, but didn't really see Getzlaf doing anything that wasn't just hockey. Especially for a young guy who had to try and carry his team.

Perry on the other hand... <_<

Don't you remember how nice Darth Vader acted at the end of "Return of the Jedi"?

F*** Getzlaf and that entire team. I hate them all, though not equally.

Are you crazy?

You know Getzlaf has so much talent, you would be lucky if you had him on your team.

You compare him to Darth Vadar are you on drugs?

Don't you remember how nice Darth Vader acted at the end of "Return of the Jedi"?

F*** Getzlaf and that entire team. I hate them all, though not equally.

Are you crazy?

You know Getzlaf has so much talent, you would be lucky if you had him on your team.

You compare him to Darth Vadar are you on drugs?

Getzlaf was a beast during this series.

He is gonna be a big producer for the quacks in the years to come, thats for certain.

Getzlaf is an absolute animal and I mean that in the best way. He is big, strong, has good hands, can play in the corners, and can take over a game. I'm glad we won't be seeing anymore of him this season. If I had to build a team around either him, Ovechkin, or Crosby, I'd take Getzlaf.

Skilled Euro >>> Canadian Goon

Zetterberg >>> Getzlaf

I generally hold good defensive play as a prerequisite for "best forward in the league" status. But Getzlaf's ability to singlehandedly take over a game against any team in the league -- that counts for something. I think he's even more dominant and imposing than Crosby and Ovechkin. And the defensive awareness will come with age.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's the all-around best player in the league a few seasons down the road.

I don't see why so many people consider Getz a goon. He's not. He's a hard-nosed player that stands up for himself and the rest of his team mates.

Getzlaf is a goon. He should take a cue from Zetterberg and SHUT HIS MOUTH and stop making WHINY faces like the rest of the Canadians in the league. Getzlaf is the BEST player in the NHL right now when he's on his game. There is no way to contain this guy. He doesn't need to be a little Sidney Crosby every time things don't go his way. He just needs to continue to dominate the way he has the last 2 seasons. I agree with the poster above that said he's going to be the BEST player in the league in another year or so. He's coming into his own and cannot be stopped. I just want him to lose the goon and keep the skill. That's all.

Getzlaf is a goon. He should take a cue from Zetterberg and SHUT HIS MOUTH and stop making WHINY faces like the rest of the Canadians in the league.

Yapping is not goonish behavior. Otherwise Kirk Maltby would be the second-biggest goon in the league, right behind Crosby.

Yapping is not goonish behavior. Otherwise Kirk Maltby would be the second-biggest goon in the league, right behind Crosby.

Crosby the goon!!!! Haha.

There's obviously some misconceptions on what a goon is.

Edited by Broken 16