• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Getzlaf

Rate this topic

Did anyone notice as the Wings won game 7, Getzlaf patted Lidstrom on the back just as the final whistle blew? I'm glad that he's being classy, despite his surroundings.

Anyway, I am so glad we don't have to verse him anymore this year. He was a nightmare.

Getzlaf is a classless goon when his game face is on, but he's a surprisingly good guy when he shuts that game face off.

There's a Cabby On The Street interview with Getzlaf at his house in LA that paints him as a pretty cool guy off the ice.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Did anyone notice as the Wings won game 7, Getzlaf patted Lidstrom on the back just as the final whistle blew? I'm glad that he's being classy, despite his surroundings.

Anyway, I am so glad we don't have to verse him anymore this year. He was a nightmare.

Getzlaf is a throwback kind of player. Seriously, he's like a Gordie Howe. He's huge, he's strong, he's got golden hands, big shot, big time playmaking ability, can put you through the boards and straight up kick your ass with the gloves off.

IMO, he's one of the 5 best forwards in the game. And he's a freaking kid still!

I watched him as close as I could in the handshake line. He took his time, he seemed to sincerely congratulate our guys. I for one love the kid. He's awesome. Total warrior on the ice and not somebody you want to play against. But he showed his character.

Getlzaf could play in a Wings sweater anytime and I would be thrilled!

QFT!!

he is probably the most dominant forward in the NHL - near impossible to stop. the only thing i hate about him is that he does not play for the wings.

I hate that bald idiot, but he showed an extreme amount of sincerity at the end of the game, and is the best power forward in the game, hands down. Amazing player.

I've never really disliked Getzlaf at any point in this series. Yeah he gooned it up a bit, but that's just hockey and I'd love very few things more than to see him in a Wings jersey. He's an absolute monster and just about single-handedly kept the Ducks in the series.

Much of the hatred aimed at him is just because he's so damn good and a physical player. He isn't a dirty goon like Pronger or a visor fighting pansy like Perry or Niedermayer. Just tougher than a bullet-proof cup and almost unfairly talented skill wise.

Getzlaf is a throwback kind of player. Seriously, he's like a Gordie Howe. He's huge, he's strong, he's got golden hands, big shot, big time playmaking ability, can put you through the boards and straight up kick your ass with the gloves off.

IMO, he's one of the 5 best forwards in the game. And he's a freaking kid still!

I watched him as close as I could in the handshake line. He took his time, he seemed to sincerely congratulate our guys. I for one love the kid. He's awesome. Total warrior on the ice and not somebody you want to play against. But he showed his character.

Getlzaf could play in a Wings sweater anytime and I would be thrilled!

I dislike his lack of class on the ice... but something tells me I'd love him if the Wings had drafted him. It's tough to admit, but seeing as I fricking LOVE Gordie Howe I really can't say I'd hate Getzlaf when Gordie was known for his elbows.

Don't you remember how nice Darth Vader acted at the end of "Return of the Jedi"?

F*** Getzlaf and that entire team. I hate them all, though not equally.

he was easily the best player in the series - it was no coincidence that when he was ill in games 4 and 5 the ducks were thrashed.

take him away from the ducks and the wings would probably have swept them. unbelievable player